The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

5 minutes ago, khodder said:

I'm still very confused at @SwAg claiming one character, but having a very different power to the character. 

It has yet to be addressed.

Gotta start from the bottom when you're on the grind.  Pretty soon, I'mma be a made soldier, ya heard?

17 minutes ago, khodder said:

See the thing is, and maybe it is just Whicker terminology, but the show never once refers to an index card.

i just showed you a picture of the detective holding an index card with the barksdale guys pager numbers, and an article that explains how he found their pager numbers on index cards.

what more do you need? can you post a link to the clip or something that refutes the article?

7 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Gotta start from the bottom when you're on the grind.  Pretty soon, I'mma be a made soldier, ya heard?

What? You've referred to fishes and you've referred to "I'd take life for you" both point to an already well made solider.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

i just showed you a picture of the detective holding an index card with the barksdale guys pager numbers, and an article that explains how he found their pager numbers on index cards.

what more do you need? can you post a link to the clip or something that refutes the article?

nevermind. my bad @khodder, switched to my phone and quoted an old post.

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'm past that point. I thought I'd found a slip of terminology. I was wrong. I'm moving on.

The pager numbers were not pulled from index cards though, they were placed on index cards after finding the pager number for D'Angelo on a wall during a raid.

It's useless to push this though. I believe index cards are a part of the game.

20 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think @bcb1213 is detective Freamon. He’s claiming Stinkum.

When Bodie addresses Stinkum by name, he gets reprimanded. This scolding is well warranted. Even as Stinkum chides the young hopper, Freamon is already rifling through a pile of index cards and photos so that he can log the Barksdale’s lieutenant’s name and pager number

http://www.thewireblog.net/season-1/1-6-the-wire/the-epigraph-of-epigraphs/

@SwAg

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

1.6allthepieces-300x225.png

From the article I posted.......

Looks like index cards, looks like he found their pager numbers on index cards like the article describes.

@SwAg

13 minutes ago, Dome said:

If you read his wikipedia page. I think these index cards are the paper trail he uses to track down some big guys and work his way up the law enforcement ranks. This is from season 1. Around the time from the previous reference.

Freamon proves himself adept at building the Barksdale case through the use of a wiretap; he recognizes patterns of pager messages and telephone calls, which lead to several breakthroughs, most notably finding the main stash house in Pimlico. He also leads the investigation into the Barksdales' financial records and uncovers their various political connections, instructing Leander Sydnor and Roland Pryzbylewski in the mechanics of following the paper trail.

i think this is a strong case that @bcb1213 is Detective Freamon.

Unless anyone else has a better index card reference than literally a detective using index cards to track down Barksdale gangs? Or someone can prove the wiki and articles wrong?

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

Unless anyone else has a better index card reference than literally a detective using index cards to track down Barksdale gangs? Or someone can prove the wiki and articles wrong?

The question is whether you believe @SwAg

He is claiming WeeBay. WeeBay is a soldier. WeeBay would have a hit not any kind of investigation powers.

1 minute ago, khodder said:

The question is whether you believe @SwAg

He is claiming WeeBay. WeeBay is a soldier. WeeBay would have a hit not any kind of investigation powers.

Why would he make a fake claim like that and push it so hard? You're asking for death, unless you're bussing someone. 

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

Thoughts on the above 

@Ragnarok

@Matts4313

@theuntouchable

@TedLavie

Archived