2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, zelbell said:

yuck

Awesome by me. We avoided an insane contract and he leaves Baltimore. Would have loved him but that contract is insane and glad we weren’t the team to pay that personally. He can go be irrelevant there. 

Just now, NateDawg said:

Awesome by me. We avoided an insane contract and he leaves Baltimore. Would have loved him but that contract is insane and glad we weren’t the team to pay that personally. He can go be irrelevant there. 

Yeah I have no interest in even getting involved in any of this nonsense right now.

Wait till things calm down and see if maybe we can work an extension for Randall or Schobert for a decent number.

I know some folks will clamor for money to be spent, and I don’t want to be inactive in free agency, but these numbers are absurd.  There’s no need to spend money just to spend it.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Two Januarys ago, your Cleveland Browns set the market, giving Jamie Collins 4/$50M, with $26M guaranteed. What a time to be alive. 

It’s nuts.

And people say Aaron Rodgers and his 30 million are hindering the Packers ability to field a competitor.  That’s 2 Trent Browns right now FFS.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I have no interest in even getting involved in any of this nonsense right now.

Wait till things calm down and see if maybe we can work an extension for Randall or Schobert for a decent number.

I know some folks will clamor for money to be spent, and I don’t want to be inactive in free agency, but these numbers are absurd.  There’s no need to spend money just to spend it.

Agreed. Patience, resign dudes, and hit on guys in the secondary FA market. These contracts are crazy. 

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I thought Jordan Hicks might be a decent mid-level signing going into FA. I’m now worried that ‘mid-level’ contract could be $50M. 

Drafting and hitting on guys during their rookie deals has never looked so good. 

Yeah I can’t imagine what guys like Baker and Myles are gonna cost in a few years...

Just now, candyman93 said:

Just sign Roby and call it a free agency. I think Roby would be much better in a zone coverage scheme.

I could see that. Just don’t give him more than nickel money. 4 year 28 seems right in the recent market.

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I could see that. Just don’t give him more than nickel money. 4 year 28 seems right in the recent market.

I’d venture a guess you’re a solid 12 million short on the compensation it would take to land him for 4 years.

He’ll get 10-12 at a minimum.

Archived