NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Bol weighed in at 208 lbs...Jesus Christ.

Wow!

I just don't know where a center like him fits in today's game. Not to say he isn't a talented player, but I just don't see how he can matchup against some of the more elite centers in today's game or even the smaller, quicker guys currently masquerading as centers.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wow!

I just don't know where a center like him fits in today's game. Not to say he isn't a talented player, but I just don't see how he can matchup against some of the more elite centers in today's game or even the smaller, quicker guys currently masquerading as centers.

He's definitely a project but his upside is through the roof. 

On 5/16/2019 at 11:34 AM, seminoles1 said:

Bol weighed in at 208 lbs...Jesus Christ.

He needs to workout with Giannis' trainer or whomever. Didn't Giannis gain 50 LBs of muscle. If players like Bol can gain enough basketball functional strength it just makes their whole game better.

I still believe in Bol's upside, but now may realize it will come along slower than I hope.

Edited by resilient part 2

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

He needs to workout with Giannis' trainer or whoever. Didn't Giannis gain 50 LBs of muscle. If players like Bol can gain enough basketball functional strength it just makes them who game better.

I still believe in Bol's upside, but now may realize it will come along slower than I hope.

Wasn't Bol Bol on crutches and unable to work out for the majority of the season?

On 5/16/2019 at 11:42 AM, RavensTillIDie said:

Wow!

Hes basically a taller thon maker with a little more skill. He’s going to get snapped in the league. 

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Wasn't Bol Bol on crutches and unable to work out for the majority of the season?

If you can’t gain weight while on crutches and not able to move then thats a pretty bad sign. He’s always going to be underweight and an injury concern. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If you can’t gain weight while on crutches and not able to move then thats a pretty bad sign. He’s always going to be underweight and an injury concern. 

He didn't just not gain weight, he lost like 30 lbs.

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I also have a hard time believing he was 230. College teams fudge height and weight numbers just as much as WWE. 

I'm pretty sure he weighed in at 234 at either the Nike Hoop Summit or some other camp last summer.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hes basically a taller thon maker with a little more skill. He’s going to get snapped in the league. 

I would say he is a lot more skilled than thon, also a lot longer than thon. Tho nowhere as athletic. Bol will probably be 235 by his 2nd season in the league. I doubt weight is gonna be an issue for him in the long run.