NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

I love @CWood21's Darius Garland / D'Angelo Russell comparison. Russell's a huge PG with great vision and playmaking skills, he's like 6'5" 200 and a 6'10" WS. Garland's an undersized two guard that struggled as a playmaker against some of the worst competition in college basketball and is like 6'2" 175 with a 6'5" WS. 

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

True. One thing I'm never going to question is Coby White's mentality. Kid wants it.

I'm usually harder on Tar Heels but Coby White is my favorite Tar Heel since Ed Cota. Kid will be good. No doubt in my mind.

I worry about his handle and his willingness to pass.

1 minute ago, Utley said:

He averaged nearly 6 assists per 40 minutes and he's still adjusting to the position. He was more of a scoring/combo guard before he came to UNC. Roy gave him the keys to the offense as a true freshman PG, he never does that. 

5 minutes ago, Utley said:

I mean, he's not flawless, for sure, but you're going to take some of that negative in a trade off for his ability to score at all levels and in any way. I think he'll pass enough. 4.1 assists and a 24.4% ast%. Not really ballhoggish to me. That's going from less than 2 assists per game in high school to 4 at a higher level of competition.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I love @CWood21's Darius Garland / D'Angelo Russell comparison. Russell's a huge PG with great vision and playmaking skills, he's like 6'5" 200 and a 6'10" WS. Garland's an undersized two guard that struggled as a playmaker against some of the worst competition in college basketball and is like 6'2" 175 with a 6'5" WS. 

As I said, I didn't like the comparison.  I honestly don't think there's a good comp there.

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, he's not flawless, for sure, but you're going to take some of that negative in a trade off for his ability to score at all levels and in any way. I think he'll pass enough. 4.1 assists and a 24.4% ast%. Not really ballhoggish to me. That's going from less than 2 assists per game in high school to 4 at a higher level of competition.

I worry about him moving the ball within a system more than his assists.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Is Nassir Little worthy of a top 5 pick? He seems like a stud defender and somebody that has a Kawhi Leonard type of upside.

No. His offensive game is on par with Andre Roberson's.

2 minutes ago, Utley said:

Eh, we'll see. It's why there's bust potential there.

I don't think he busts. He may not reach his ceiling but you'll never convince me he won't have, at the very least, a top bench scorer type role while playing legit defense. His floor is solid.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think he busts. He may not reach his ceiling but you'll never convince me he won't have, at the very least, a top bench scorer type role while playing legit defense. His floor is solid.

Well, if he's a ball-stopper that floor lowers.

Archived