THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

OOF GET THAT NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH DORSEY

Not excited about it myself but it's at least better than McCarthy

McCarthy is as set in his system and about as creative a play caller as Hue Jackson. He is basically Hue Jackson without the throwing everyone under the bus.

Everyone wants a coach who is creative and innovative with great leadership abilities. I know we lost and I know it started off bad but I don't get how you cannot be impressed by the coaching job Gregg Williams did in the 2nd half of the game. We could have easily packed it in and gave up. We fought back and fought back hard and it wasn't the offense that got us back into the game. The defense had 5 huge stops at gut check top forcing 3 FGs, 1 should have been defensive TD and the big time stop to give Baker a chance to win it at the end. The adjustments we made coming out of half time are exactly the type of things that we have been missing in the past. We always have coaches hellbent on their scheme and their game plan. We countered and Baltimore couldn't figure it out that is great coaching.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Everyone wants a coach who is creative and innovative with great leadership abilities. I know we lost and I know it started off bad but I don't get how you cannot be impressed by the coaching job Gregg Williams did in the 2nd half of the game. We could have easily packed it in and gave up. We fought back and fought back hard and it wasn't the offense that got us back into the game. The defense had 5 huge stops at gut check top forcing 3 FGs, 1 should have been defensive TD and the big time stop to give Baker a chance to win it at the end. The adjustments we made coming out of half time are exactly the type of things that we have been missing in the past. We always have coaches hellbent on their scheme and their game plan. We countered and Baltimore couldn't figure it out that is great coaching.

I really respect the job that Gregg has done. But does anyone truly believe he's the best option long-term? It's obviously hard to say for sure, but I don't think the team turned things around just because Gregg is such a great head coach. I just think Gregg isn't totally inept like Hue and that Freddie was a far better play caller than Hue and Haley. That's what the turnaround was all about. The defense was still incredibly inconsistent and that's mainly on Gregg.

Again, would Gregg be the worst possible hire? Probably not, but he'd be far from being the most inspiring one. The team just showed what it could do with a head coach who isn't totally incompetent. I'd say that's more of an indictment on Hue more than a huge compliment to Gregg.

Archived