Raider 49er game thread... Last Battle of the Bay

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is the same thing we have done the past 15 years.  Once we get the players to fit our system we switch to a different scheme.  I believe KO and Jackson are gone next year.  Hopefully Cable also and we get some G to fit our scheme. 

That doesn’t make sense. Cable’s scheme is the problem then get rid of him. If he’s not then you get rid of the players who don’t fit it. Getting rid of both doesn’t help at all. 

2 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

Soo what exactly do the coaches actually do?

Something.  Teach the players and hold them accountable.  If you can not line up correctly here is the bench.  A John Wooden approach is needed.  If I am Gruden the next practice I am starting by teaching everyone, including the coaches, how to tie their shoes.  Teach them to do it together.  The next steps would be to show them, not just say it, that it is mine, Gruden's, shortcomings that have caused this.  He needs to start over.  This team is getting progressively worse.

8 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

What do we even do on OL? Miller isn't a power guy. KO/Gabe aren't zone guys. Parker might never be even serviceable. Cable is a horrible coach. They royally screwed that up

I honestly have no idea cause regardless of coaching the art of blocking is the same. Seems like everyone doesn’t give a crap anymore. It’s like out of 11 guys only about 5 are actually trying 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

That doesn’t make sense. Cable’s scheme is the problem then get rid of him. If he’s not then you get rid of the players who don’t fit it. Getting rid of both doesn’t help at all. 

Just because we stick with a ZBS does not mean we keep the coach.  There are other coaches out there that can at least coach the players to get better.  I would have been happy with lining up correctly.  People want to say Cable is a good coach but what results does he get?  You can be a great player/coach but if the team does not want to play for you then it does not matter.

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is the same thing we have done the past 15 years.  Once we get the players to fit our system we switch to a different scheme.  I believe KO and Jackson are gone next year.  Hopefully Cable also and we get some G to fit our scheme. 

I KNOW. Its SO frustrating. But is it really wise to have to find not one but TWO starting guards in one offseason? On top of needing WRs, another RB, a punter, and basically two of everything on defense?

Archived