• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

Just now, Buckweath said:

This is just funny. Question for you. Is it possible to be a generational talent in its first year in the league?

Yes.  LeBron James was a generational talent, for example.  The guy is 6'8" and 250 pounds, but he moves like a point guard.  We've never see a guy like him in history.  Someone that big and strong, but yet so fast and agile. 

I guess the definition of a generational talent is different for everyone, but when I look at Patrick Mahomes, I don't see anything overly unique about him specifically.  He has a really good arm, is accurate, and has mobility.  As far as a talent aspect, he's not much different than several other QB's, that's why he wasn't viewed that way during the NFL Draft.  Hell, when the Chiefs drafted Mahomes there were quite a few people who thought they reached on him and he shouldn't have went above Deshaun Watson.

1 minute ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

I'm a bit triggered that you compare him to a legend like Peyton.  rational or not, I'm a bit triggered not gonna lie

If it makes you feel better, that's only part of the evaluation. I said this later on:

"What I see in Goff is a guy who I think will realistically pan out like Philip Rivers.(I can't say he'll pan out like Manning...it's just not fair to any player to expect that) He's not a dead-on comparison for Rivers as they have different body types, throwing motions, and demeanors. However, like Rivers, Goff has great movement and feel in the pocket, he is highly effective throwing vertically despite not possessing an elite arm, and he's a highly intelligent guy with a great feel for the game."

I spent months comparing Goff to Manning because they were so stylistically similar. But you can't realistically expect a guy to be the GOAT. Still, Goff might actually live up to a Manning comparison, which would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If it makes you feel better, that's only part of the evaluation. I said this later on:

"What I see in Goff is a guy who I think will realistically pan out like Philip Rivers.(I can't say he'll pan out like Manning...it's just not fair to any player to expect that) He's not a dead-on comparison for Rivers as they have different body types, throwing motions, and demeanors. However, like Rivers, Goff has great movement and feel in the pocket, he is highly effective throwing vertically despite not possessing an elite arm, and he's a highly intelligent guy with a great feel for the game."

I spent months comparing Goff to Manning because they were so stylistically similar. But you can't realistically expect a guy to be the GOAT. Still, Goff might actually live up to a Manning comparison, which would be amazing.

It's crazy because of how well he spreads the ball around. Not reliant on one guy. We forget how young he is. 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff is def trending in the direction of Manning than Rivers. 

His accuracy and mental strength have shown to be more superior than Rivers in my opinion 

1 minute ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Goff should be MVP, and it's not even close.

Mahomes is comically overrated, and Brees has been living on dink and dunk/system planet this year. 

Goff attacks down field and has actually threaded quite a few needles...at least relative to the modern game.

I always respect an experts opinion! 

23 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yes.  LeBron James was a generational talent, for example.  The guy is 6'8" and 250 pounds, but he moves like a point guard.  We've never see a guy like him in history.  Someone that big and strong, but yet so fast and agile. 

I guess the definition of a generational talent is different for everyone, but when I look at Patrick Mahomes, I don't see anything overly unique about him specifically.  He has a really good arm, is accurate, and has mobility.  As far as a talent aspect, he's not much different than several other QB's, that's why he wasn't viewed that way during the NFL Draft.  Hell, when the Chiefs drafted Mahomes there were quite a few people who thought they reached on him and he shouldn't have went above Deshaun Watson.

It's been reported that if the Chiefs didn't jump ahead of the Saints and draft Mahomes, the Saints would've taken him.  I'm glad we got Lattimore as we haven't had a CB this good since McKenzie IMO, but man could you imagine Mahomes after 2 years of sitting behind Brees...

1 minute ago, Raves said:

It's been reported that if the Chiefs didn't jump ahead of the Saints and draft Mahomes, the Saints would've taken him.  I'm glad we got Lattimore as we haven't had a CB this good since McKenzie IMO, but man could you imagine Mahomes after 2 years of sitting behind Brees...

How good is Lattimore?  He doesn't look anywhere near as good this season as he did his rookie year.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

Think it was a no brainer. Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lattimore.

That future. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

How good is Lattimore?  He doesn't look anywhere near as good this season as he did his rookie year.

He hasn't played as good as last season, but the defense as a whole doesn't feel as good as it was last year.  Don't think it's Lattimore's fault but the defense seems to have shifted a little which dosn't play to his strengths which is more of a press man coverage.  We've seen a lot more of Lattimore playing further back on defense which allows more underneath passes.  Seems like Dennis Allen doesn't realize that if you are drafting/trading for Ohio State DBs, you need to put the corners in press man coverage and the safeties with a deep cover and a robber cover.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Think it was a no brainer. Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lattimore.

That future. 

Actually going into the draft I would've put Lattimore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mahomes.  Through 2 seasons I put it Lattimore = Mahomes (both having great 1st year starting, don't know Mahomes 2nd year).  Going forward it could definitely be Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lattimore but right now I'm not putting it as a guarantee.  For all we know Lattimore ends up the next Richard Sherman/Revis while Mahomes turns into Matt Stafford, or we could have Lattimore as just another above average but not elite CB while Mahomes becomes Aaron Rodgers with Brady's accomplishments.  So I'll leave it as a push for right now, but honestly I don't think either pick is wrong.

10 minutes ago, Raves said:

Actually going into the draft I would've put Lattimore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mahomes.  Through 2 seasons I put it Lattimore = Mahomes (both having great 1st year starting, don't know Mahomes 2nd year).  Going forward it could definitely be Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lattimore but right now I'm not putting it as a guarantee.  For all we know Lattimore ends up the next Richard Sherman/Revis while Mahomes turns into Matt Stafford, or we could have Lattimore as just another above average but not elite CB while Mahomes becomes Aaron Rodgers with Brady's accomplishments.  So I'll leave it as a push for right now, but honestly I don't think either pick is wrong.

You could have gone from Favre to Rodgers esque. Worth every penny. 

Archived