• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

I don't remember anyone else on the offense giving away points.

I don't remember anyone else on the offense with 6 touchdowns and 500 yards.

Even the defense being bad, accounting for the points the offense gave up, STILL allowed 10 more points than their average. Had they stayed within the realm of their normal badness, the Chiefs win. 

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I can agree with you.

But Drew Brees having his worst game in years and an interception at the end singlehandedly lost them that Cowboys game too. And thats a much worse loss.

Completely fair and I agree, outside that it being a much worse loss.

51 minutes ago, Raves said:

His defense did enough to win them the game if not for the turnovers that went for TDs.

Mahomes did enough to win them the game if not for the defense allowing 40 points.

That works both ways. I realize anyone single handedly losing a game in the NFL is a bit hyperbolic, but even with that buffer Mahomes didn’t “single handedly” lose them squat.  

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Mahomes did enough to win them the game if not for the defense allowing 40 points.

That works both ways. I realize anyone single handedly losing a game in the NFL is a bit hyperbolic, but even with that buffer Mahomes didn’t “single handedly” lose them squat.  

And Brees would've won the the game against Dallas if his team didn't give up 13 points when the Saints only mustered 10.  I can give you that single handedly is probably hyperbolic, but he's still the reason they lost even if you remove single handedly.

7 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I think it's clear at this point no one is going to change your mind. But you do understand you're on an island with this opinion, right? This is like flat-earth type stuff...

Actually no, flat-earth stuff is just stupid that has been disproven hundreds of years ago.  You can debate that single-handedly was hyperbolic, I would be willing to budge on that, but he's still the reason they lost the game.  Just like Brees lost the Saints the Cowboys game as someone else mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

And Brees would've won the the game against Dallas if his team didn't give up 13 points when the Saints only mustered 10.  I can give you that single handedly is probably hyperbolic, but he's still the reason they lost even if you remove single handedly.

Actually no, flat-earth stuff is just stupid that has been disproven hundreds of years ago.  You can debate that single-handedly was hyperbolic, I would be willing to budge on that, but he's still the reason they lost the game.  Just like Brees lost the Saints the Cowboys game as someone else mentioned.

33 points is a little different than 13 though.

In todays NFL if youre defense only gives up 13 thats a win. That is in no way their fault if you lose.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

In todays NFL if youre defense only gives up 13 thats a win. That is in no way their fault if you lose.

Yeah. The two games aren't really analogous.

The Saints allowed 13 points, most certainly enough to win most games. 

The Chiefs allowed 40 points, that is trash and will lose you most games. 

Brees threw a pick, didn't really produce much of anything on offense.

Mahomes absolutely annihilated the scoreboard but made several crucial mistakes. 

Just now, Chiefer said:

I was only arguing the other side of the argument.  I couldn't use the Tampa game for the Saints because Brees played pretty damn well and didn't turn the ball over, though other people on the team did.  I see turnovers that are turned into points as huge points of blame.  If for example if Mahomes had 5 turnovers, but not the 2 that went for TDs, I would probably give him a little more slack depending on how/when the turnovers happened within the flow of the game, like the last 2 turnovers were more understandable due to the state of the game though they did seal the game, but with 2 turnovers that were defensive TDs are hard to blame anyone but that player IMO.

10 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

So the Chiefs aren't winning the Superbowl then unless Mahomes can break the MVP/Superbowl voodoo that seems to be in place since 1999.

A couple of things to add, the NFL regular season passing leader has never won the Super Bowl. Mahomes currently leads with 4300 passing yards. And last but not least, Andy Reid is his coach. If Mahomes wins MVP, the passing title, and the Super Bowl with Andy, just put him in the HOF right now.

48 minutes ago, Raves said:

I was only arguing the other side of the argument.  I couldn't use the Tampa game for the Saints because Brees played pretty damn well and didn't turn the ball over, though other people on the team did.  I see turnovers that are turned into points as huge points of blame.  If for example if Mahomes had 5 turnovers, but not the 2 that went for TDs, I would probably give him a little more slack depending on how/when the turnovers happened within the flow of the game, like the last 2 turnovers were more understandable due to the state of the game though they did seal the game, but with 2 turnovers that were defensive TDs are hard to blame anyone but that player IMO.

One was Aaron Donald destroying a single block coming in from his blindside. Another was a complete freak fluke interception return off a tipped ball by a LB.

I mean i get where youre coming from. The turnovers are inexcusable in a big game like that. But theyre not in that game without him either 

1 hour ago, Raves said:

And Brees would've won the the game against Dallas if his team didn't give up 13 points when the Saints only mustered 10.

...exactly. It wasn’t single handedly Brees’ fault either. And even then, 13 vs 40. 40+ points scored vs 10. Big difference.

I can give you that single handedly is probably hyperbolic, but he's still the reason they lost even if you remove single handedly.

Question for you then: why are you still harping on it? You think Mahomes “single handedly” lost against the Rams with little reasoning - you’ve made it well known, and you haven’t hesitated to share it to anyone even if they haven’t asked. You brought it up again responding to a guy saying that it’s Mahomes’ to lose. So why are you so stuck on it? And don’t say “well it’s an MVP thread and Mahomes is an MVP candidate”, because then I guess it would be on-topic to go into any Saints thread and bring up all their losses.

You're not the type to be salty, so what’s the deal?

Archived