Week 10: Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT

Ghostnote

11 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Zero confidence in this game.  You guys do know that the  Bucs have beaten NO, and the Eagles, plus the lost to the Steelers only by 3 points.  Just saying, what exactly should we really expect this offense to do with a makeshift OL and Smith as our QB?

Makeshift OL? Meh, Cousins could do a lot with a makeshift OL. Add Smith. Yeah, that has me worried. 

One of my bigger concerns (outside of the obvious injury concerns) is that we'll go with that god awful defensive strategy of essentially letting them run it and selling out totally to try to stop the pass. It worked okay against GB -- in large part because McCarthy and Rodgers were too stubborn to stick with the run game -- but it failed miserably against IND and ATL. If we let Peyton Barber and Quizz Rodgers get anything going on the ground, TB's receiving weapons are going to end up torching us in those 2nd/3rd and short situations where Luck and Ryan consistently found themselves in those games.

Just play the damn thing straight up. You've got real, actual talent on the defense at this point. Smother them in the run game, make them totally one-dimensional, attack but contain Fitzpatrick from the edges, and let your push up the middle make him uncomfortable. Make your peace with the fact that they'll probably hit some big plays in the passing game -- guess what? they probably would anyway. The Falcons certainly did.

9 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Zero confidence in this game.  You guys do know that the  Bucs have beaten NO, and the Eagles, plus the lost to the Steelers only by 3 points.  Just saying, what exactly should we really expect this offense to do with a makeshift OL and Smith as our QB?

It’s not about the offense. It’s about our DL dominating their average to poor OL and punishing Fitzpatrick and forcing him into Mistakes. That’s the key to us winning the game.

39 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Fear not. This is a very low scoring win. Book it, Bank it, Spend it- like I am on beautiful smart, open minded Phuket sports fans who love older , yeah old, American guys. :)

You'll be surprised that I just spent 4 days in Vegas and didn't gamble a single cent. I was shocked too when I realized it on the plane back

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How boring 

It wasn't. I was there on business. Talking with the heavy hitters in the industry who are making 5 and 6 figures a month. I spent a crap ton of $$ on food and alcohol. Because when the heavy hitters are talking at the bar, you shut up and listen...and keep buying the rounds. I was in the convention from 7:30am-6pm each day and then networking the rest of the time until 1am. I literally had zero time to gamble. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It wasn't. I was there on business. Talking with the heavy hitters in the industry who are making 5 and 6 figures a month. I spent a crap ton of $$ on food and alcohol. Because when the heavy hitters are talking at the bar, you shut up and listen...and keep buying the rounds. I was in the convention from 7:30am-6pm each day and then networking the rest of the time until 1am. I literally had zero time to gamble. 

What convention was it?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

What convention was it?

Indie Writer's Convention. Was meeting and hob-nobbing with some of the biggest names in the industry. Made a ton of contacts. And the guy who started the whole thing (who is about to hit 8 figures next year) I hung out with and he asked me to send him my first book to look at. Like I said, if I played it right, I could make more money than just a typical Vegas trip. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Indie Writer's Convention. Was meeting and hob-nobbing with some of the biggest names in the industry. Made a ton of contacts. And the guy who started the whole thing (who is about to hit 8 figures next year) I hung out with and he asked me to send him my first book to look at. Like I said, if I played it right, I could make more money than just a typical Vegas trip. 

You should write a book about doc Draper.

Archived