Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

27 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I loved Jimmy that year too. I remember he was my sig before Justin Tucker rolled around. If only Smith could’ve stayed healthy, he might’ve made a run at Chris McAlister for Best Ravens CB of all time. Though I guess the same could’ve been said for Lardarius Webb as well.

I was 1000% sure he was the next Nnamdi Asomugha. A tall, lengthy CB who can press and play man coverage? He was the next Nnamdi and was gonna lock down people for us. It's too bad he never really became that guy, though he's still been solid. Webb in his prime was so fun to watch. Dude was athletic AF.

26 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Scrabble. My favorite non-Raven when he played, living in Cali I watched that man shut down half the field time after time.

I always remember the Revis vs. Asomugha debates back in like 2010 and 2011 here. People were hilarious arguing against Nnamdi because he didn't always shadow guys, but then the Nnamdi guys would post games where he'd trail Fitz and Andre Johnson and those guys and shut them down all game long. Nnamdi was so freaking good, man.

It sucks so much being the one team Pittsburgh would probably never trade Martavis Bryant to. Less than a million cap hit. Probably goes for a 3rd because of his issues 

Edit: Although I’m seeing he wants to stay, which is pretty unbelievable after everything so it may be a mute(don’t care if moot is correct I’m not saying it) point 

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

It sucks so much being the one team Pittsburgh would probably never trade Martavis Bryant to. Less than a million cap hit. Probably goes for a 3rd because of his issues 

Edit: Although I’m seeing he wants to stay, which is pretty unbelievable after everything so it may be a mute(don’t care if moot is correct I’m not saying it) point 

Rather go after Tavon Austin. 

18 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

You know. On further thought. I could be convinced of interchanging the order of Ed Reed and Ray Rice. I

I think it’s probably more like:

4a. Flacco 4b. Rice 4c. Reed. But yeah.

Is that the sound of backtracking I hear?

Try all you want DB, but you've been exposed :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drd23 said:

My thoughts exactly.  Massively overpaid and hasn't shown anywhere near enough to be a major piece of an offense outside of trick plays and end-arounds

Yeah he was like the 5th best WR on the Rams this year and I really have no idea how we would even begin to utilize his "skillset" (which is what, exactly?) anyways. 

The more I’ve been thinking...the more I’m leaning towards going after Jimmy Graham over any of the WR’s. I mean if we did go WR like Landry, Watkins, or Robinson, I would definitely be happy! But after reading Jamison Hensley’s article he just posted about the Ravens needing to target Graham, it does make a lot of sense. This TE draft isn’t really special. Seems to be none of these guys have a 1st rd grade. Graham has definitely declined but he’s arguably still a top 10 TE in this league and some of his drop offs in numbers could’ve came from Seattle’s terrible protection of Russell Wilson, where he never really had time to get Graham the ball downfield more often than so. We all know Flacco loves to throw to TE’s, more than he does WR’s. I feel getting Graham and being aggressive in the 1st rd in trading up for the guy the team feels is the best WR (Ridley/Kirk) will hit gold for this team. Along with bringing back Wallace for 1 year. Adding a thumping RB to go along the skillsets of Collins and Dixon like a Jeremy Hill. And go after the best OL prospect on the board in the 2nd.

Graham/Boyle/Williams

Ridley or Kirk/Wallace/Moore/Perriman/Posey

Collins/Hill/Dixon.

I mean, that right there looks a lot promising and very realistic for the Ravens. Best group of weapons Flacco has ever had.

Edited by Ballimore

16 minutes ago, Ballimore said:

The more I’ve been thinking...the more I’m leaning towards going after Jimmy Graham over any of the WR’s. I mean if we did go WR like Landry, Watkins, or Robinson, I would definitely be happy! But after reading Jamison Hensley’s article he just posted about the Ravens needing to target Graham, it does make a lot of sense. This TE draft isn’t really special. Seems to be none of these guys have a 1st rd grade. Graham has definitely declined but he’s arguably still a top 10 TE in this league and some of his drop offs in numbers could’ve came from Seattle’s terrible protection of Russell Wilson, where he never really had time to get Graham the ball downfield more often than so. We all know Flacco loves to throw to TE’s, more than he does WR’s. I feel getting Graham and being aggressive in the 1st rd in trading up for the guy the team feels is the best WR (Ridley/Kirk) will hit gold for this team. Along with bringing back Wallace for 1 year. Adding a thumping RB to go along the skillsets of Collins and Dixon like a Jeremy Hill. And go after the best OL prospect on the board in the 2nd.

Graham/Boyle/Williams

Ridley or Kirk/Wallace/Moore/Perriman/Posey

Collins/Hill/Dixon.

I mean, that right there looks a lot promising and very realistic for the Ravens. Best group of weapons Flacco has ever had.

You just read the Jamison Hensley article, didn't you?

I was coming on here to see what people thought about the potential of Graham in FA + WR in the 1st round. It could be great, but I just don't feel like Graham is the right fit for this team. Yeah, he's a red zone monster, but outside of the red zone for the past 3 years his production has been horrible. Couple that with his hands being unreliable and he's not good at making contested catches outside of the endzone, I'm just skeptical about it.

Though, I will say if that does indeed happen, I won't be mad. It'll show the FO is finally putting in effort to really surround Joe with some weapons that can be utilized. Although I also think if you get Graham, you have to design plays for him. I don't have much faith in Mornhinweg doing that.