2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

29 minutes ago, Chili said:

Since we got two Smiths as our new pass rushers we should give them a blacksmithing based nickname, I suggest "Fire and Brimstone" xD

Somebody posted a gif of the Smiths from The Matrix earlier today.  That seems like a no brainer and easy for fans to show up rocking that look too. Assuming they’re into that kind of stuff. LoL

Give me Wilkerson and Breeland back and close down free agency IMO. Then we can start cutting some more dead wood. I'm shocked Tramon has not been released to be honest. He seems like an easy one in order to keep Breeland. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

16 million per is a lot of money, and we were probably among the only teams to give it to him. 

That's 16 million per for a player who has never had 10 sacks in a season.  That's NOT a good deal.  It just isn't. 

Preston Smith at 13 million per and Adrian Amos at less than 10 million per are both under market value for who had been signing elsewhere.

Think of Z more like Cullen Jenkins.  More like what Mo Wilkerson was supposed to be.

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Probably in the $7-10m range, but it also depends on how we designate Perry because if we go post June 1, we'll get about $10m at that time that can be used for draft picks/extra cap space so we could cut it much closer right now knowing we're getting relief in a few months. 

2019 Projected Draft Pool Cap

Estimated cap dollars necessary to sign upcoming draft picks (not included in the cap figure yet)

PLAYER (10)
POS.
BASE SALARY
SIGNING BONUS
ROSTER BONUS
OPTION BONUS
WORKOUT BONUS
RESTRUC. BONUS
MISC.
DEAD CAP
CAP HIT
Projected Draft Pool:                   $10,263,680
Round 1, Pick #12   - - - - - - - - $2,868,658
Round 1, Pick #30   - - - - - - - - $1,903,016
Round 2, Pick #44   - - - - - - - - $1,227,609
Round 3, Pick #75   - - - - - - - - $744,725
Round 4, Pick #114   - - - - - - - - $678,583
Round 4, Pick #118   - - - - - - - - $674,471
Round 5, Pick #150   - - - - - - - - $572,723
Round 6, Pick #185   - - - - - - - - $538,405
Round 6, Pick #194   - - - - - - - - $536,199
Round 7, Pick #226   - - - - - - - - $519,291

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Probably in the $7-10m range, but it also depends on how we designate Perry because if we go post June 1, we'll get about $10m at that time that can be used for draft picks/extra cap space so we could cut it much closer right now knowing we're getting relief in a few months. 

I would safely say 10 million. We have 12 million in cap space now without know Za'Darious contract.

Interesting note is the size of these OLB’s; BIG guys. Makes me think Gary, Sweat and Allen are more in play than Bush or Polite for the Packers at 12, not that Polite was anymore.

Also, as others said, there are 2-3 VERY good ILB and DL available to draft (at each 12 & 30) and have for replacements for Daniels and Martinez next year. Let’s us stay out of a big FA off season 2 years in a row. 

2 minutes ago, SaginawReunion83 said:

2019 Projected Draft Pool Cap

Estimated cap dollars necessary to sign upcoming draft picks (not included in the cap figure yet)

PLAYER (10)
POS.
BASE SALARY
SIGNING BONUS
ROSTER BONUS
OPTION BONUS
WORKOUT BONUS
RESTRUC. BONUS
MISC.
DEAD CAP
CAP HIT
Projected Draft Pool:                   $10,263,680
Round 1, Pick #12   - - - - - - - - $2,868,658
Round 1, Pick #30   - - - - - - - - $1,903,016
Round 2, Pick #44   - - - - - - - - $1,227,609
Round 3, Pick #75   - - - - - - - - $744,725
Round 4, Pick #114   - - - - - - - - $678,583
Round 4, Pick #118   - - - - - - - - $674,471
Round 5, Pick #150   - - - - - - - - $572,723
Round 6, Pick #185   - - - - - - - - $538,405
Round 6, Pick #194   - - - - - - - - $536,199
Round 7, Pick #226   - - - - - - - - $519,291

As another poster pointed out to me you have to deduct the players salaries these picks will be replacing so it's a lot less than that. Maybe 4 million. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Interesting note is the size of these OLB’s; BIG guys. Makes me think Gary, Sweat and Allen are more in play than Bush or Polite for the Packers at 12, not that Polite was anymore.

Also, as others said, there are 2-3 VERY good ILB and DL available to draft (at both 12 & 30) and have for replacements for Daniels and Martinez next year. Let’s us stay out of a big FA off season 2 years in a row. 

I'd like to get Martinez locked down prior to camp if possible. He has a good year look at the price some of these inside guys got. Sooner than later makes more sense to me. Might want to think about Kenny Clark too because he could be one of those guys getting close to 17 a year in two years. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

As another poster pointed out to me you have to deduct the players salaries these picks will be replacing so it's a lot less than that. Maybe 4 million. 

Great point! I never thought of that

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Great point! I never thought of that

Yeah the way I do it is only count the salaries of the first two round guys because round 3 and beyond are so low that they'll be comparable to guys that will get cut. So that's about 6.1M with our two 1s and our 2.

Archived