You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

Just now, incognito_man said:

Roster talent

That's just bull and your simple answer everytime. If you can't see there are issues you are wearing MM colored glasses. Or your just choosing to ignore what is easily seen by countless others. The talent is there we hung with the Rams in their house, we hung with Seattle in their house and the Pats for most of the game. Better game planning and play wins those 3 games. Not to mention better luck. Heck in the gameday thread you pretty much said the only reason we lost was the 270 yards the zebras gave the Seachickens.........so did we have the talent to win yesterday? What about the rams game.

Piss poor situational football is what and why.

57 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Fact remains that 94% of head coaches don't win Super Bowls.  94%.  We know we have a coach capable of it.  We have five years left with Rodgers.  That's it.  You are putting everything into the next head coach.  There won't be a third head coach in the Rodgers era.  

Are you that confident we're gonna hit on a 6% chance?

So your suggesting everyone stay on a bus that the wheels are falling off of, and it's on fire and about to explode but cause it was a decent bus once it's better then finding a new one?

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So we keep Mac like you want for some reason. What changes? Rodgers isn't going anywhere. How do we go from a team that's lost 6 of 10 over a stretch in 4 straight years, to SB Champs?

Earl Thomas the 3rd

It's kind of crazy to me how Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy are viewed. Payton has 4 NFCS titles and 4 7-9 seasons and he's brilliant. 

Mac has 6 NFCN crowns, one 7-9 season with mostly Hundley, and one 8-8 season with Rodgers 10 years ago. Now at 4-5-1 he's the worst coach that ever lived. Seems a little odd.

2 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

It's kind of crazy to me how Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy are viewed. Payton has 4 NFCS titles and 4 7-9 seasons and he's brilliant. 

Mac has 6 NFCN crowns, one 7-9 season with mostly Hundley, and one 8-8 season with Rodgers 10 years ago. Now at 4-5-1 he's the worst coach that ever lived. Seems a little odd.

We're a descending team thats been great for a long time. People are going to continue to blame someone until they get use to losing.

lol @ "Roster talent"

Defense is playing fine, and that's while bearing the brunt of a recent rash of injuries.

Offense has Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Graham, solid starters across the OL, and lots of young talent all-around and it's not enough?? That should be a frickin juggernaut.

3 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

lol @ "Roster talent"

Defense is playing fine, and that's while bearing the brunt of a recent rash of injuries.

Offense has Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Graham, solid starters across the OL, and lots of young talent all-around and it's not enough?? That should be a frickin juggernaut.

if only Rodgers took what defenses give him. Under neath routes, RBs wide open in the flat or in the middle of the field. He plays QB like i play madden. 

20 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

That's just bull and your simple answer everytime. If you can't see there are issues you are wearing MM colored glasses. Or your just choosing to ignore what is easily seen by countless others. The talent is there we hung with the Rams in their house, we hung with Seattle in their house and the Pats for most of the game. Better game planning and play wins those 3 games. Not to mention better luck. Heck in the gameday thread you pretty much said the only reason we lost was the 270 yards the zebras gave the Seachickens.........so did we have the talent to win yesterday? What about the rams game.

Piss poor situational football is what and why.

You're not seriously suggesting that roster talent isn't THE MAJOR issue, are you?

Blows my mind if people think this roster has the same top to bottom talent as the best teams in the league right now...

We certainly arent devoid of talent, but this looks likes a roster that's been drafting low for half a generation.

Best way to get better is to get worse first.

In lieu of that, gotta get VERY good/lucky in the draft and free agency.

It's just hilarious thinking a coach off the street would somehow take a relatively average roster to the next level when one of the best coaches in the league currently can't.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You're not seriously suggesting that roster talent isn't THE MAJOR issue, are you?

Blows my mind if people think this roster has the same top to bottom talent as the best teams in the league right now...

We certainly arent devoid of talent, but this looks likes a roster that's been drafting low for half a generation.

It's just hilarious thinking a coach off the street would somehow take a relatively average roster to the next level when one of the best coaches in the league currently can't.

do we have to be worse than this to get better?

if so im not sure i want to sign up for a season or two more of this. 

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm saying that the team that has no talent took the Rams to the brink and the Seahawsk to the brink. The Pats could have been had also. I don' t believe i suggested that we have the same talent level, I believe and will say we have talent. We have an all world QB, an almost all world WR, we have a Great LT and a good line. Until we had injuries we had a decent WR core so good in fact that MM chose to keep 8 on the roster. A good RB, yep we have lots of youth. So what deal with it.

Defensively we are a decent team again with lots of youth that was and likely is still leading the league in sacks go figure.

The best coaches can do more with less. Like seriously how is Washington 6-3 this year what is it because of all that talent? Come on man we compare favorably to quite a few teams in the NFL especially when you consider our all world QB.

Your problem is you continue to ignore AR was 2 tds, 0 picks, 332 yards last night..........3-11 on 3rd down. Penalties be dammed, other stuff. That right there lost us the game. 3 for 11 on third down if we maybe get to above .500 on 3rd down we walk away with more points and more TOP and win that game outright.

If MVS and ESQ are our WR well then get them the ball in favorable positions and let them work. We felt good enough about them to draft them, keep them on the roster for crying out load. Now they have no talent.

Sorry Incog you'll have to ignore me, i can't agree with your take on the current Pack. There is enough talent currently on this team to be 7 and 3 and in first place in our division.

Just now, gopackgo247 said:

do we have to be worse than this to get better?

if so im not sure i want to sign up for a season or two more of this. 

What are we on pace for? Pick 14 or 15 or so.

That would give us 2 years in a row in the top half of a draft.

Considering the hit(s) last year, a bonus 1st and a top half draft capital, we are well positioned to improve the roster significantly very soon. Especially if Gute hits in free agency.

The top 2 signings this past off-season won't contribute for 75% of the games this year. So that hurts this year too.

29 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I agree, what's frustrating more is watching MM lose this team in sorts and miss opportunities to win games.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

What are we on pace for? Pick 14 or 15 or so.

That would give us 2 years in a row in the top half of a draft.

Considering the hit(s) last year, a bonus 1st and a top half draft capital, we are well positioned to improve the roster significantly very soon. Especially if Gute hits in free agency.

The top 2 signings this past off-season won't contribute for 75% of the games this year. So that hurts this year too.

But rookies won't help right away will they...........we'll turn over the roster some 25% next year like we do every year. That means we'll add 1 first rounder maybe another with the Saints pick. Quite a few other teams will add a first rounder too. Further we aren't guaranteed to have a for certain winner if we pick in the milddle again. Talent may change a bit by % based on new players and the rooks being 1 season in. Does that make all the difference? Cause allot of this same sentiment was stated last year and you were one of those stating it?

35 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Pays to be good looking man

Archived