You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

Just now, Outpost31 said:

If Rodgers was 30 years old there wouldn't be a single person disagreeing with you.  Rodgers is 35 in less than a month.  He has 5 years max.  You get the wrong head coach and he's retiring before another Super Bowl win. 

And you act like it's a guarantee McCarthy isn't capable.  This isn't true.  The Packers have been competitive in every single game this season with an extreme lack of safety talent, pass rush talent and a single reliable receiver.  Name another head coach that could be competitive in every single game with that team. 

It's so easy to neglect the extreme amount of talent that teams like the Eagles/Rams head coaches inherited.  A new head coach won't have that luxury.  We're not loaded. 

Rodgers age is all the more reason to act NOW. Unlike Philly, Gute probably won't be able to get the first replacement wrong. He'll have to nail it this offseason to get more title opportunities with Rodgers. But that doesn't mean you don't try. Your whole notion is built on fear. That's a horrible way to operate.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Giants. 
Eagles.
Redskins.
Lions. 
Texans.
Panthers.
Colts.
Chargers.
Steelers.
49ers.
Buccaneers.

which of these teams were successful with that coach before the firing?  If you aren't that good how is that a comparison.

I don't think Colts counts given that was a qb issue.

Texans? huh?

Redskins? What example are we talking about here?

Steelers seemed ok.

Lions?

I think you have a case for Giants, Eagles, Panthers (not as strong), chargers (eh), 9ers.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It took Phily 5 years to get there after Reid left.   Aaron doesn't have that time.  The Packers have to right the ship faster than that. 

While I object to your offensive slogan, I don't disagree with the notion of changing coaches to improve a playoff team.  Perhaps you should use Denver's experience with Manning and moving on from Fox in order to get the result needed.

To say that Andy Reid can't win, well, that ignore's reality.

Remind me again what year Andy Reid won a Super Bowl? Because Philly fired him and have now have a ring.

You're right about the small window to get the next hire right. Gute can't make a Chip Kelly-like swing and miss if they're going to get another title with Rodgers. He needs to find his Doug Pederson. But the possibility of being wrong doesn't stop you from trying.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You've yet to answer how Mac fixes Rodgers. Rodgers is locked in here for 4 years, without him we go nowhere. How does McCarthy get back to the place he was with him 7 years ago?

If I'm Gute, that's the question I asked Mac, without an answer I feel confident in, he's gone.

Arians is actually one of the better names I've heard as a replacement. There's a short term HC to end the Rodgers era who I can guarantee isn't going to come in and put up with the current mindset of our QB.

I am not trying to be difficult here, just have a genuine question.  If Rodgers attitude is wrong, and a coach doesn't want to put up with it, what can he do about it.

If a guy in Aaron's position doesn't want to listen, then what?   The dynamic there seems complicated to me. 

Seems to me they have to get a guy that Rodgers wants to listen to.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers age is all the more reason to act NOW. Unlike Philly, Gute probably won't be able to get the first replacement wrong. He'll have to nail it this offseason to get more title opportunities with Rodgers. But that doesn't mean you don't try. Your whole notion is built on fear. That's a horrible way to operate.

I'm going to try a different approach here. 

What do you expect to change between McCarthy and the next head coach?  I'm asking for specific details here.  What is it that McCarthy does that the next coach won't do, what is it that McCarthy doesn't do that the next head coach will? 

Here on page 21 the narrative of the keep McCarthy crowd is becoming clear, they don't want him fired because the next guy could be worse. Lol, that's horrible logic.

I shudder to think what my life would be if I never had the stones to leave my horrible 9-5 and my horrible boss in Wisconsin because of fear that my next job would be worse. What a sad way to go about living life. Out of fear.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Here on page 21 the narrative of the keep McCarthy crowd is becoming clear, they don't want him fired because the next guy could be worse. Lol, that's horrible logic.

I shudder to think what my life would be if I never had the stones to leave my horrible 9-5 and my horrible boss in Wisconsin because of fear that my next job would be worse. What a sad way to go about living life. Out of fear.

Especially when McCarthy does a poor job of preparing this team for the regular season of late and then on top of it, he can't consistently win in the postseason. He's only 10-8 in the postseason with HOF QBs.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm going to try a different approach here. 

What do you expect to change between McCarthy and the next head coach?  I'm asking for specific details here.  What is it that McCarthy does that the next coach won't do, what is it that McCarthy doesn't do that the next head coach will? 

The very simple and likely most effective change will be new schemes that the rest of the league won't be able to call out at the line of scrimmage. Beyond that, it will be hard for a replacement to be worse at in-game management. It will hard for a replacement to do a worse job readying the team to start the regular season and get off to worse starts. And it will be impossible not to find a replacement who will not be a fresh voice with new ideas to invigorate the team's best player who is their key to winning a championship.

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Remind me again what year Andy Reid won a Super Bowl? Because Philly fired him and have now have a ring.

You're right about the small window to get the next hire right. Gute can't make a Chip Kelly-like swing and miss if they're going to get another title with Rodgers. He needs to find his Doug Pederson. But the possibility of being wrong doesn't stop you from trying.

Howie Roseman has spent his way to one win, and now the team is back to mediocre with cap space issues.  Howie didn't choose to give Reid that opportunity.

I suspect that may actually be where Gute ends up going in the near future as Rodgers gets closer to the end.  Super Bowls for us will come from aggressive cap investments.  Who the coach is could well be secondary to that, as long as he can work with Rodgers.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Howie Roseman has spent his way to one win, and now the team is back to mediocre with cap space issues.  Howie didn't choose to give Reid that opportunity.

I suspect that may actually be where Gute ends up going in the near future as Rodgers gets closer to the end.  Super Bowls for us will come from aggressive cap investments.  Who the coach is could well be secondary to that, as long as he can work with Rodgers.

Yeah it's looking like Gute is gearing up to spend money. That's no sure-fire way to get you where you need to go. The key to winning it all soon is getting Gute's first coaching hire right. But they can win Super Bowls after Rodgers with a coach after Gute's first hire just like Philly did. None of that begins though until they Cut the Fat.

Its all about scheme, Macs is mismatch based. The problem with Mac's scheme is that if they can't win mismatches his offense is useless. I want a coach that can also scheme guys open. I want a coach that can implement a game plan that doesn't always depend on Rodgers being Godgers to win games. I want to see slants, reverses, misdirection's, jet sweeps etc. Enough of this Rodgers running around directing traffic waiting for someone to get open. The league has caught up to Mac and Rodgers scramble attack, time to move on.

Don't even try and deny that the keep McCarthy narrative is built on anything other than fear of doing worse. If it was anything other than that, there'd be posts lauding McCarthy's superiority in any coaching aspect in today's NFL. There's absolutely ZERO posts like that within these 21 pages. The complete and total absence of statistics or anecdotes showing anything elite about McCarthy aside winning a Super Bowl 8 years ago is stunning. There's nothing positive being said in his defense, just simple fear of doing worse. Think about that. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Don't even try and deny that the keep McCarthy narrative is built on anything other than fear of doing worse. If it was anything other than that, there'd be posts lauding McCarthy's superiority in any coaching aspect in today's NFL. There's absolutely ZERO posts like that within these 21 pages. The complete and total absence of statistics or anecdotes showing anything elite about McCarthy aside winning a Super Bowl 8 years ago is stunning. There's nothing positive being said in his defense, just simple fear of doing worse. Think about that. 

13 years! Haven't we seen enough? I'm tired of this team finding excruciating ways to lose.  It's time to move on.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

The very simple and likely most effective change will be new schemes that the rest of the league won't be able to call out at the line of scrimmage. . And it will be impossible not to find a replacement who will not be a fresh voice with new ideas to invigorate the team's best player who is their key to winning a championship.

So it's a scheme thing.  Scheme doesn't matter to me.  The NFL is over a century old.  It's not about scheme, it's about execution.  The best scheme in the world fails without execution.  The worst scheme in the world thrives with good execution.

McCarthy has had fast starts to the season almost every single year he has been here.  The slow start to seasons thing is a myth that has been debunked.

So our Head Coach Craigslist Ad should look this:

Seeking a schematically fresh cheerleader who knows how to manage games?   

Archived