You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

So you can prevent breaking a bone? You can prevent a player popping you in the head or hitting or falling on your knee? You can prevent falling a certain way and twisting your ankle or tearing your acl?  You can prevent turning the wrong way and pulling your groin or hamstring? When you go out on the field literally anything can happen no matter how much you prepare for it. Look at the number of injuries throughout the league even before the freaking season itself, it's almost  impossible to stop them. People ******* tear their acls in practice lol, Jordy jumped and landed and tore his ACL in the preseason,  if that's not pure being unlucky I dont know what is. 

Didn't you know? Green Bay is the only team in the NFL getting riddled with injuries. It's all Mike McCarthy's fault. Here let me provide a source to this kids claims that is ACTUALLY relevant:

Current NFL Injury Reports PER Team

You will be hard pressed finding a team on here that doesn't have 10+ players listed on their injury report. That's nearly 20% of every single team in the NFL's players are listed on the injury report because wait for it ... wait for it ... THEY PLAY A CONTACT SPORT and injuries happen in contact sports. I don't need "new age" science to tell me this haha.

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

They sure as heck do hit in practice. Obviously you're not familiar with a Ravens practice or a Patriots practice. You're also likely missing the reversing trend with some teams playing their starters MORE in the preseason, not less like McCarthy. And you like many have yet to figure out that thump and release and approaches of the like are not helping prevent injuries. Why? Because thump and release is not how the actual games are played. And you can't call on the body to hit like they do in real games and expect to hold up if it is completely unprepared for it.

Did you notice how I just went and dug up an injury report on every single NFL team and still have time to respond? I feel like you are responding to people on here as a way to dodge around finding supporting evidence to back up your claim. Please start working on this. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

So you can prevent breaking a bone? You can prevent a player popping you in the head or hitting or falling on your knee? You can prevent falling a certain way and twisting your ankle or tearing your acl?  You can prevent turning the wrong way and pulling your groin or hamstring? When you go out on the field literally anything can happen no matter how much you prepare for it. Look at the number of injuries throughout the league even before the freaking season itself, it's almost  impossible to stop them. People ******* tear their acls in practice lol, Jordy jumped and landed and tore his ACL in the preseason,  if that's not pure being unlucky I dont know what is. 

Actually yeah, so you've made it clear that this concept is beyond your reach. Kinesiology is the study of body movement and mechanics. Proper mechanics prevent muscle pulls and tears. Proper mechanics come through repetition and practicing under similar conditions. A familiar case many Wisconsinites should be familiar with is Jabari Parker. The entire load in his body is off. His running technique is completely wrong kinetically which is why the Bucks were trying to completely change his running and jumping style. On his 2nd torn ACL he reverted to his same bad form. All that rehab and muscle memory done alone in a gym went out the window when placed in game conditions. Practicing half speed does not prepare the body to suddenly go all out once a week. Osteology is the study of bone structure and function. Bones are more susceptible to breaking when the body has little or no defense to what it is exposed to. The two functions, kinesiology and osteolgy, combine when muscles through body mechanics and repetition become adept at protecting the body from severe injury. You can't prepare the body to protect bones, tendons, and ligaments on NFL Sunday when you spend the whole week going 3/4 speed and not hitting. That's the layman's version but the emerging result is some teams have figured out that replicating game conditons, i.e. hitting more, better prepares the body to protect and prevent injuries. It's true they can't add more padded practices. But they can control how much use they make of them.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Actually yeah, so you've made it clear that this concept is beyond your reach. Kinesiology is the study of body movement and mechanics. Proper mechanics prevent muscle pulls and tears. Proper mechanics come through repetition and practicing under similar conditions. A familiar case many Wisconsinites should be familiar with is Jabari Parker. The entire load in his body is off. His running technique is completely wrong kinetically which is why the Bucks were trying to completely change his running and jumping style. On his 2nd torn ACL he reverted to his same bad form. All that rehab and muscle memory done alone in a gym went out the window when placed in game conditions. Practicing half speed does not prepare the body to suddenly go all out once a week. Osteology is the study of bone structure and function. Bones are more susceptible to breaking when the body has little or no defense to what it is exposed to. The two functions, kinesiology and osteolgy, combine when muscles through body mechanics and repetition become adept at protecting the body from severe injury. You can't prepare the body to protect bones, tendons, and ligaments on NFL Sunday when you spend the whole week going 3/4 speed and not hitting. That's the layman's version but the emerging result is some teams have figured out that replicating game conditons, i.e. hitting more, better prepares the body to protect and prevent injuries. It's true they can't add more padded practices. But they can control how much use they make of them.

Amazing that teams spend millions of dollars on staff, equipment, research, analytics, gps monitors all over the players at practice, and all they had to do was listen to a guy on the internet to prevent injury.

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Did you notice how I just went and dug up an injury report on every single NFL team and still have time to respond? I feel like you are responding to people on here as a way to dodge around finding supporting evidence to back up your claim. Please start working on this. Thanks.

I'm sorry but my knowledge of these matters is far beyond yours so I have a lot more information to convey. I could throw up my arms and say why bother explaining these things but I'm giving it a shot. I do realize that you'll probably dismiss the science entirely but there's always that chance it will enlighten someone else. That's how knowledge is spread. It's certainly not done via the close-minded like you.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Amazing that teams spend millions of dollars on staff, equipment, research, analytics, gps monitors all over the players at practice, and all they had to do was listen to a guy on the internet to prevent injury.

That's why we are here, right?  Just wait until later tonight- I get a lot smarter when I have been drinking.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Outpost31 said:

My issue with it is that you never give in to a diva.  Once you give in to a diva once, they're ruined forever.  There probably isn't a lot of precedent for this sort of thing, but one that comes immediately to mind is RG3 bragging about getting Shanahan fired. 

So with that said, would you trade Rodgers?  What if Gruden called and offered their 2nd and 3rd 1st round picks plus Carr, would you do it?  Get rid of them both?  I am saying we should or shouldn't, but how do you not give into a diva in Green Bay?

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yep, this is all coming from my enormous brain. I'm definitely not someone privy to the ongoing research these teams are doing and the surprising conclusions they're coming to. Who would've thought you need to hit more and replicate game conditions more to prevent injuries? Crazy concept. Each and every day it becomes more like common sense to those studying it but we're not far removed from the simple notion that using the body less will lower the frequency of injuries. The problem with that logic is you can't wrap the body in a bubble on game day.

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm sorry but my knowledge of these matters is far beyond yours so I have a lot more information to convey. I could throw up my arms and say why bother explaining these things but I'm giving it a shot. I do realize that you'll probably dismiss the science entirely but there's always that chance it will enlighten someone else. That's how knowledge is spread. It's certainly not done via the close-minded like you.

I am dismissing it entirely ... you know why right? Because nothing that you have shown states that other teams are hitting more in their practices then the Packers are and that's why the Packers are injured. FIND ME that source, not the knowledge you're spewing off in your head about altering the muscle memory of a players jumps, running technique, cuts etc.. from the time they were born to now and them needing the repetition in what you're claiming to be a less injured team. Then when you do that, find me the team that is using what you are saying in an effort to dial back injuries and show me their injury report that shows far less injuries comparatively with the rest of the NFL. Can you do this? Surely if all this was a thing this would not be an impossible task to accomplish for you, correct? I mean after all you've apparently read on this? Now go find us the articles you read. People can preach Scientology to me as well but it doesn't mean that I'm a believer.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yep, this is all coming from my enormous brain. I'm definitely not someone privy to the ongoing research these teams are doing and the surprising conclusions they're coming to. Who would've thought you need to hit more and replicate game conditions more to prevent injuries? Crazy concept. Each and every day it becomes more like common sense to those studying it but we're not far removed from the simple notion that using the body less will lead to lowering the frequency of injuries. The problem with that logic is you can't wrap the body in a bubble on game day.

The proper work off the field in the weight room and training room does 10x more for injury prevention than "simulated hitting"

Just now, Nick_gb said:

I am dismissing it entirely ... you know why right? Because nothing that you have shown states that other teams are hitting more in their practices then the Packers are and that's why the Packers are injured. FIND ME that source, not the knowledge you're spewing off in your head about altering the muscle memory of a players jumps, running technique, cuts etc.. from the time they were born to now and them needing the repetition in what you're claiming to be a less injured team. Then when you do that, find me the team that is using what you are saying in an effort to dial back injuries and show me their injury report that shows far less injuries comparatively with the rest of the NFL. Can you do this? Surely if all this was a thing this would not be an impossible task to accomplish for you, correct? I mean after all you've apparently read on this? Now go find us the articles you read. People can preach Scientology to me as well but it doesn't mean that I'm a believer.

Lol find them yourself, they're out there. The science is readily available for anyone who wants to educate themselves. And the reversing trend by some teams to start hitting again in the time allowed is very recent. If you think I'm making this all up, super.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The proper work off the field in the weight room and training room does 10x more for injury prevention than "simulated hitting"

False.

And btw, the Packers under McCarthy have tried numerous, drastically different weight-training methods to no avail. All in an attempt to avoid facing the real reason they can't stay healthy, which is that they don't often enough properly replicate the conditions of which their sport is played

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol find them yourself, they're out there. The science is readily available for anyone who wants to educate themselves. And the reversing trend by some teams to start hitting again in the time allowed is very recent. If you think I'm making this all up, super.

Lol I don't need to find sources to back up YOUR claims. That's your job, not mine. This is why your posts are laughable. 

1. There isn't a team running this magical cure-all for injuries that you're claiming 

2. There isn't a team in the NFL that's hitting more in practices then the Packers are and have fewer injuries as a result of it

So, for this to be your reason to fire Mike Mccarthy is laughable at best. Just because YOU believe in this, it doesn't make it true nor does it necessarily mean the Packers are being held back by Mike because of it. If that's the case, the entire NFL is being held back by their Head Coaches for not believing in this and therefore every team should fire their Head Coach at the end of the NFL season.

Today's athletes are better conditioned and offseason trained than ever before and we got a guy saying that is what best prepares the body to avoid injury. Lol. Then why the uptick in catastrophic injuries and missed games? If weight room and conditioning work were the key to avoiding injury then the sport should be robust with ironmen. Clueless

Archived