You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You don't consider what James Campen has done impressive? Joe Whitt?? What Ben Sirmans has done with Jones and Williams?

I love our position staff. That's a check for McCarthy, not against.

The proof is in what coaches have moved on to do elsewhere. You can't discount individual talent and how it makes a position coach look. The shine was off Whitt the last few years now wasn't it?

You also have to consider what the coaches are bringing to the game plan? Where are the innovative minds putting their fingerprints on the Green Bay, offensive, defensive, and special teams schemes? The McCarthy coaching room has had no one leave and have a level of success elsewhere. He is not stocking that staff with coaching talent that is evolving their schematics.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The proof is in what coaches have moved on to do elsewhere. You can't discount individual talent and how it makes a position coach look. The shine was off Whitt the last few years now wasn't it?

You also have to consider what the coaches are bringing to the game plan? Where are the innovative minds putting their fingerprints on the Green Bay, offensive, defensive, and special teams schemes? The McCarthy coaching room has had no one leave and have a level of success elsewhere. He is not stocking that staff with coaching talent that is evolving their schematics.

Just because a coach isn't fit to be a good HC it doesn't mean they're not fit to be a good OC/DC or RB/WR/TE/LB/DB/DL/OL coach ... I don't know why you're under the impression he can't assemble a good staff simply because Ben Mcadoo failed in New York and Joe Philbin failed in Miami. That's ignorant at best.

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

That's what training camp is for, I guarantee no teams do a lot of contact drills during the season. The preseason doesn't even matter right now 10 weeks into the season. You cant stop freak injuries, or landing the wrong way or tearing something, or getting a concussion. No one has a secret formula to stop injuries. Contact drills might even cause more injuries. It has happened before where players go down in practice.

I'm sorry but your assumption that injuries are nothing more than luck is patently false. It's new science and in its infancy but there are many advancements rapidly being made with kinesiology, practice methods, and osteology which are flying in the face that injuries aren't preventable and that less physical contact will decrease injuries. The studies are showing that the body needs to be conditioned for the physical contact it is expected to hold up to. That means hitting more, not less. Less contact hasn't led to fewer injuries, it's led to more. McCarthy is absolutely on the wrong side of this.

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm sorry but your assumption that injuries are nothing more than luck is patently false. It's new science and in its infancy but there are many advancements rapidly being made with kinesiology, practice methods, and osteology which are flying in the face that injuries aren't preventable and that less physical contact will decrease injuries. The studies are showing that the body needs to be conditioned for the physical contact it is expected to hold up to. That means hitting more, not less. Less contact hasn't led to fewer injuries, it's led to more. McCarthy is absolutely on the wrong side of this.

Google "NFL CBA" once, there's rules about this.

Look man, I'm on the can Mac train right now, but your points frankly have sucked lately. Injuries and the fact his assistant coaches haven't made good coaches are both super weak.

It starts and ends with the offensive production and QB with Mac. You want full control of the offense and to be a QB guy, the product must reflect that and it absolutely hasn't. It's regressed for awhile now 

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Just because a coach isn't fit to be a good HC it doesn't mean they're not fit to be a good OC/DC or RB/WR/TE/LB/DB/DL/OL coach ... I don't know why you're under the impression he can't assemble a good staff simply because Ben Mcadoo failed in New York and Joe Philbin failed in Miami. That's ignorant at best.

I know there are Packers position coaches who have and continue to do a fine job developing the players in their position room. What are those coached adding to the gameplan? You guys are completely missing the aspect of outscheming the opponent that the entire staff plays a role in. It's being completely missed here than position coaches are called on to do more than teach technique and develop a position group. Coaches are not coming out of the Green Bay coaching room and doing anything of note around the NFL. That's glaring and it's a big factor in head coaching interview rooms.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Google "NFL CBA" once, there's rules about this.

Look man, I'm on the can Mac train right now, but your points frankly have sucked lately. Injuries and the fact his assistant coaches haven't made good coaches are both super weak.

It starts and ends with the offensive production and QB with Mac. You want full control of the offense and to be a QB guy, the product must reflect that and it absolutely hasn't. It's regressed for awhile now 

Look I know the amounted of padded practices is capped. The amount of hitting they do in those padded practices isn't. Your confusion of this point is on you, not me.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

I know there are Packers position coaches who have and continue to do a fine job developing the players in their position room. What are those coached adding to the gameplan? You guys are completely missing the aspect of outscheming the opponent that the entire staff plays a role in. It's being completely missed here than position coaches are called on to do more than teach technique and develop a position group. Coaches are not coming out of the Green Bay coaching room and doing anything of note around the NFL. That's glaring and it's a big factor in head coaching interview rooms.

Who says these coaches are not at all involved in the game plan? It's not GLARING nor is it a BIG factor ... I don't know where you get this from. You think that because the staff we have assembled are POTENTIALLY incapable of being an NFL Head Coach that it makes for a GLARING weakness on our coaching staff? Mike Pettine is quite the Defensive mind and yet, wasn't a particularly successful Head Coach. However, he's an outstanding Defensive Coordinator, the same could be said for Rex Ryan, Norv Turner etc... Honestly, how many hits do you take out of your crack pipe before your muster up a lackadaisy excuse to why you think Mike sucks? Trust me there are plenty of reasons to fire him, just none of them are what you're making your posts about.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Look I know the amounted of padded practices is capped. The amount of hitting they do in those padded practices isn't. Your confusion of this point is on you, not me.

No the confusion here is that you were meant to be getting articles that you claim to have read "PLENTY" on that links a source saying the Packers have scaled back there hitting in padded practices in an effort to turn down the injury bug in Green Bay. Instead, you're still in here beating that same drum with no credibility to it what so ever. Why? Do these articles not exist? If you've read plenty of them, surely you should have provided us some sort of evidence supporting your claims in this matter? Also, make sure that source is reputable and not an article you wrote on Wikipedia.

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Who says these coaches are not at all involved in the game plan? It's not GLARING nor is it a BIG factor ... I don't know where you get this from. You think that because the staff we have assembled are POTENTIALLY incapable of being an NFL Head Coach that it makes for a GLARING weakness on our coaching staff? Mike Pettine is quite the Defensive mind and yet, wasn't a particularly successful Head Coach. However, he's an outstanding Defensive Coordinator, the same could be said for Rex Ryan, Norv Turner etc... Honestly, how many hits do you take out of your crack pipe before your muster up a lackadaisy excuse to why you think Mike sucks? Trust me there are plenty of reasons to fire him, just none of them are what you're making your posts about.

I never said they're not involved. They have to be involved. It's not producing results. The Packers are not outscheming opponents and no innovative minds are coming out of Green Bay. Given the fact that you're writing the opposite of what I'm saying, it shows this concept is beyond you.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

No the confusion here is that you were meant to be getting articles that you claim to have read "PLENTY" on that links a source saying the Packers have scaled back there hitting in padded practices in an effort to turn down the injury bug in Green Bay. Instead, you're still in here beating that same drum with no credibility to it what so ever. Why? Do these articles not exist? If you've read plenty of them, surely you should have provided us some sort of evidence supporting your claims in this matter? Also, make sure that source is reputable and not an article you wrote on Wikipedia.

I keep responding to dopes like you. Stop posting things that I'm not saying and you'll get your links.

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

You need to come to grips with modern football. No one hits in practice. I've helped on HS staffs and was apart of an NCAA one, they don't hit. Everything is thump and release. Stop putting blaming a coach for something that is nationwide at any level.

18 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

So you can prevent breaking a bone? You can prevent a player popping you in the head or hitting or falling on your knee? You can prevent falling a certain way and twisting your ankle or tearing your acl?  You can prevent turning the wrong way and pulling your groin or hamstring? When you go out on the field literally anything can happen no matter how much you prepare for it. Look at the number of injuries throughout the league even before the freaking season itself, it's almost  impossible to stop them. People ******* tear their acls in practice lol, Jordy jumped and landed and tore his ACL in the preseason,  if that's not pure being unlucky I dont know what is. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You need to come to grips with modern football. No one hits in practice. I've helped on HS staffs and was apart of an NCAA one, they don't hit. Everything is thump and release. Stop putting blaming a coach for something that is nationwide at any level.

They sure as heck do hit in practice. Obviously you're not familiar with a Ravens practice or a Patriots practice. You're also likely missing the reversing trend with some teams playing their starters MORE in the preseason, not less like McCarthy. And you like many have yet to figure out that thump and release and approaches of the like are not helping prevent injuries. Why? Because thump and release is not how the actual games are played. And you can't call on the body to hit like they do in real games and expect to hold up if it is completely unprepared for it.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

They sure as heck do hit in practice. Obviously you're not familiar with a Ravens practice or a Patriots practice. You're also likely missing the reversing trend with some teams playing their starters MORE in the preseason, not less like McCarthy. And you like many have yet to figure out that thump and release and approaches of the like are not helping prevent injuries. Why? Because thump and release is not how the actual games are played. And you can't call on the body to hit like they do in real games and expect to hold up if it is completely unprepared for it.

The Patriots and Ravens don't play tackle football in practice. This isn't 1990.

When Mike Daniels breaks Aaron Jones leg busting through Byron Bell in practice you'd be the first to say "WTF is Mac going full contact in practice for!!! What an idiot!! Cut the fat!!!!"

You have an agenda, I get it. At least pick good arguments to support it.

Archived