You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

Belichick's sorry *** just got BTFO'd by a lower-ranked Tennessee and we're still talkint about him as a great HC un-ironically??
lol

I also notice it's all guys who hate McCarthy that are calling out the only Niners head coach to take the team to the playoffs since Steve Mariuci left.  Make of that what you will. 

Seven head coaches, only one took them to the playoffs, not an example of why you shouldn't fire successful head coaches after one bad season. 

Watching some of these offensive geniuses really makes me hate the idea of a new head coach who uses scheme and all that crap.  It seems like all these offenses start off hot with scripted plays and gimmick plays and all that, but then they level out once their script dries up.  It's one of the reasons why I like McCarthy.  I think more important than scheme is execution.

The NFL has been around for over 100 years.  There's nothing new in schemes.  The best scheme in the world is crap without execution and the worst scheme in the NFL is great with execution.

All you have to do is look at Belichick and the Patriots to know that.  The Patriots have a few trick plays and all that, but they're set up by an offense that primarily lives and dies off execution, not scheme.  They use the short passing game effectively, and that opens things up deep.  They're not running anything exotic, and that's especially true on defense. 

Since 2006-ish, Belichick has not had an abundance of talent on defense, and yet executing with a bunch of JAGS consistently leads to effective defenses. 

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Belichick's sorry *** just got BTFO'd by a lower-ranked Tennessee and we're still talkint about him as a great HC un-ironically??
lol

I also notice it's all guys who hate McCarthy that are calling out the only Niners head coach to take the team to the playoffs since Steve Mariuci left.  Make of that what you will. 

Seven head coaches, only one took them to the playoffs, not an example of why you shouldn't fire successful head coaches after one bad season. 

Ohohohoho!

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Watching some of these offensive geniuses really makes me hate the idea of a new head coach who uses scheme and all that crap.  It seems like all these offenses start off hot with scripted plays and gimmick plays and all that, but then they level out once their script dries up.  It's one of the reasons why I like McCarthy.  I think more important than scheme is execution.

The NFL has been around for over 100 years.  There's nothing new in schemes.  The best scheme in the world is crap without execution and the worst scheme in the NFL is great with execution.

All you have to do is look at Belichick and the Patriots to know that.  The Patriots have a few trick plays and all that, but they're set up by an offense that primarily lives and dies off execution, not scheme.  They use the short passing game effectively, and that opens things up deep.  They're not running anything exotic, and that's especially true on defense. 

Since 2006-ish, Belichick has not had an abundance of talent on defense, and yet executing with a bunch of JAGS consistently leads to effective defenses. 

You're really trying to talk yourself into some really poor logic.

We've had neither scheme nor execution on offense this year anyway so it's a moot point.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You're really trying to talk yourself into some really poor logic.

We've had neither scheme nor execution on offense this year anyway so it's a moot point.

We also haven't had prime Jordy Nelson or even close to prime Randall Cobb since 2014 either.  I want to see McCarthy with MVS/Adams and one other addition at skill positions next year. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We also haven't had prime Jordy Nelson or even close to prime Randall Cobb since 2014 either.  I want to see McCarthy with MVS/Adams and one other addition at skill positions next year. 

Won't matter if Rodgers plays the same. Mac has had his chance to reign in Rodgers.

56 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

I also notice that it's all the guys who still support McCarthy that are calling for Harbs. Make of that what you will.

Could be related to Harbaugh's Niners teams kicking the Packers collective arses 4 times in 4 games, including twice in the playoffs, in 2012 and 2013.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Could be related to Harbaugh's Niners teams kicking the Packers collective arses 4 times in 4 games, including twice in the playoffs, in 2012 and 2013.

But the roster he inherited was quite talented, so it's not the coaching there that deserves credit. ;)

Incog Logic!

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:
7 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

a 49-14 record in SF, maybe? 

@Outpost31 

The 4-5 year window is a decent argument but I prefer stability.

Jim DESTROYED the locker room. Guys were prematurely retiring all over the place. In his time with SF he had more players coming out against him than Mac has his entire time here. 

They say winning cures everything but by the end of his tenure the drama levels were getting out of control.

I'd pass, but I got my answer on why people would want him I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at who is liking your comments.  That tells you nothing?

What difference does that make? Your scheme vs execution post was frankly hard to read. First off, the Pats do a ton of unique thing so your example with them was flat out wrong, secondly it's a horrible argument to begin with that you're trying to force feed yourself to be OK with the current state of Mac as HC.

Archived