You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

I have a problem with hiring any offensive coordinator who comes under scrutiny when having Thielen, Diggs, Randolph and Cook. 

That's a serious warning sign.  People are up in arms over McCarthy when Rodgers is having a bad year and he's got injured Graham, Davante Adams and a whole bunch of rookies and the Packers are scoring .1 less points a game.  That's point 1. 

If McCarthy and Rodgers weren't scoring 30 points a game with those receivers he'd deserve to be fired.  DeFilipo is scoring 24.1 points per game and he deserves to be a head coach?

No thanks.  Really, no thanks.  I will be sick to my stomach if Defilipo is hired.  He's a dude who has thrived under greater offensive minds.  I would literally rather hire Josh McDaniels than him. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I have a problem with hiring any offensive coordinator who comes under scrutiny when having Thielen, Diggs, Randolph and Cook. 

That's a serious warning sign.  People are up in arms over McCarthy when Rodgers is having a bad year and he's got injured Graham, Davante Adams and a whole bunch of rookies and the Packers are scoring .1 less points a game.  That's point 1. 

If McCarthy and Rodgers weren't scoring 30 points a game with those receivers he'd deserve to be fired.  DeFilipo is scoring 24.1 points per game and he deserves to be a head coach?

No thanks.  Really, no thanks.  I will be sick to my stomach if Defilipo is hired.  He's a dude who has thrived under greater offensive minds.  I would literally rather hire Josh McDaniels than him. 

Who?  Doug Pederson?  Let's not overthink this.  He's playing with a QB whose been historically mediocre against good teams, and he's doing it with a godawful offensive line.  LIS, he's the safe, easy choice with limited upside but he's probably the safest bet.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who?  Doug Pederson?  Let's not overthink this.  He's playing with a QB whose been historically mediocre against good teams, and he's doing it with a godawful offensive line.  LIS, he's the safe, easy choice with limited upside but he's probably the safest bet.

As conservative of a fan as I am, I'm kind of yawning at taking the safest guy lol. I'm not that against him though, I just think he's talked about more than he should be.

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Sick to his stomach at the thought of Defilippo, but pounds the table for the coach with the far superior QB and OL, the better running game and the best WR of the 3, whos team has been less productive.

Got it...

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

As conservative of a fan as I am, I'm kind of yawning at taking the safest guy lol. I'm not that against him though, I just think he's talked about more than he should be.

LIS, there's no great choice out there.  There's no Kyle Shanahan.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Sick to his stomach at the thought of Defilippo, but pounds the table for the coach with the far superior QB and OL, the better running game and the best WR of the 3, whos team has been less productive.

Got it...

Kirk Cousins is playing better than Aaron Rodgers is right now.  You can't even call Rodgers the better QB.  Not the way he's been playing.  You know this. 

Yes, our OL is better, but Davante Adams and company < Thielen/Diggs/Rudolph.  Cousins also actually throws to receivers.  You think Rodgers would literally ever throw to Treadwell?  Not saying throwing to Treadwell is a good idea, but Cousins makes defenses cover everybody.  Defenses don't even cover our running backs anymore. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Kirk Cousins is playing better than Aaron Rodgers is right now.  You can't even call Rodgers the better QB.  Not the way he's been playing.  You know this. 

Yes, our OL is better, but Davante Adams and company < Thielen/Diggs/Rudolph.  Cousins also actually throws to receivers.  You think Rodgers would literally ever throw to Treadwell?  Not saying throwing to Treadwell is a good idea, but Cousins makes defenses cover everybody.  Defenses don't even cover our running backs anymore. 

It's not worth debating with you as you put no responsibility for QB play on Mac. When I read that first sentence, that's a freaking travesty, and it's true. My first thought there is instantly, "damn well time to get rid of who is in charge of the offense then."

28 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not excited about him either. I'd take Arians though if he brought a hotshot OC with him and kept Pettine.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It's not worth debating with you as you put no responsibility for QB play on Mac. When I read that first sentence, that's a freaking travesty, and it's true. My first thought there is instantly, "damn well time to get rid of who is in charge of the offense then."

You keep saying it's McCarthy's fault Rodgers is playing like crap. 

I'm gonna ask a question here.  I want specifics.  Specifics, not generalities.  I want words, actions, steps McCarthy could take. 

I am going to ask this question very clearly and put it really big and bold and red so that you can't ignore it:

What is McCarthy supposed to do about Rodgers refusing to throw the ball? 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So the solution is keep status quo and hope things change?

I'm guessing his idea is, who says he won't do the same thing with the next guy right? I mean you still try, but it might not fix it. He gave up play calling once and it didn't do any good

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You keep saying it's McCarthy's fault Rodgers is playing like crap. 

I'm gonna ask a question here.  I want specifics.  Specifics, not generalities.  I want words, actions, steps McCarthy could take. 

I am going to ask this question very clearly and put it really big and bold and red so that you can't ignore it:

What is McCarthy supposed to do about Rodgers refusing to throw the ball? 

There's absolutely nothing Mac can do because those two are done with each other. Exactly why the problem exists and why it's time to start over.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm guessing his idea is, who says he won't do the same thing with the next guy right? I mean you still try, but it might not fix it. He gave up play calling once and it didn't do any good

And maybe that will be the case.  But I'd rather gamble on that 6% chance that the new HC will win a Super Bowl than McCarthy is suddenly going to figure things out again.

Archived