Is this the year New England has to play a Wild Card Game?

CKS97

10 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What are you trying to say here??

Just realized that was gibberish. The Vikings are the only other team (outside the Steelers) on the Patriots schedule that I think has a chance to beat the Patriots, but that's only if their defense plays to their potential.

On 20/11/2018 at 9:39 PM, wwhickok said:

Appreciate the honest response.  As a Steelers fan, I know the stats when it comes to how often we don't beat the Patriots so conventional logic says we won't, but I feel like we're just finding ways to win, but let's be honest, isn't that what the Patriots do too?

Yes, we do, but last season's game felt different. Leaving aside the 'catch', it did feel like PIT had us beat. It was a totally different approach on both sides. On O, you were relentlessly attacking our weaknesses (which is crossing routes in front of the dropping defenders), especially on third down, plus a healthy dose of Bell in the flat. On D, you played A LOT of man-up, and forced Brady to make tight throw to Gronk (who was on fire vs Davis). Usually we could enjoy an easy game facing soft zone coverage (you all know this better than us).

I expect an even tougher game, but we aren't in the same form. 

Archived