Is this the year New England has to play a Wild Card Game?

CKS97

It's more real than in recent years the possibility of the Patriots not getting a first round bye.

Pittsburgh and Houston have stayed hot, Pats' Titans stumble and the 1-2 start can't be discounted.

Texans have an easy finishing schedule, Steelers have a tough schedule, Pats have 2 potentially loseable game vs. MIN/NE.

Unlike previous seasons, the Pats may not be able to cruise to their seemingly eternal 1-2 seed.

On 11/19/2018 at 1:00 AM, Blackstar12 said:

Whoever wins the Pats-Steelers game gets  the #2 seed.

Yep. PIT has a harder schedule to finish out the season, vs. NE, LAC and NO. The Patriots have PIT and that's pretty much it. HOU has a pretty easy schedule too, but NE has the H2H tiebreaker on them. It looks possible that any of NE/PIT/HOU could fall anywhere in the 2-4 range.

NE has had some impressive wins against good teams - Houston, Indy, KC, Chicago, GB. Wins against three division leaders, and will be playing against another one in PIT. They've had a pretty competitive schedule this season. On the flipside, their three losses have been against bottom-of-the-division types. They'll probably beat PIT but then lose to the Jets.

Houston is riding on a wave of dumb luck and questionable performances by the opponent. It's not sustainable, but I'll take it - and I'll fully expect a bomb in Houston during the 2nd round vs New England. 

So, sorry in advance - Houston gonna get that bye, and then lose to NE.

9 minutes ago, tom cody said:

The Patriots are the Patriots so I expect them to do enough to get the 1st round bye. Probably be the #2 seed though. 

Pretty much my take on it as well. 

Even though the Patriots have not looked as good this year as they have in the past, they still have Belichick and Brady.

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Houston is riding on a wave of dumb luck and questionable performances by the opponent. It's not sustainable, but I'll take it - and I'll fully expect a bomb in Houston during the 2nd round vs New England. 

So, sorry in advance - Houston gonna get that bye, and then lose to NE.

I have Houston hosting the Chargers in the WC.  I'm sorry

Archived