BDL 2018 Week 11: Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

"So let me vote on the game not knowing a single bit how the QB in question functions in the offense he put him in, against the defense who game planned for a totally different QB."

You guys are special. 

edit: You know you can just find the video yourself?

So far we have a guy who thought Alex Smith was still the QB and offered his condolences while giving me a loss, then a guy who admits to not having any idea how my QB fared this week and voted against a team that didn't game plan for me. Nice.

Mate it's not hard to imagine how he'd play, run heavy offense with the QB running and the offense more or less functioning off of it's running game. He'd have a turnover or two and take some sacks, make some poor throws and move the chains a decent amount he wouldn't be incompetent but he doesn't move the needle when  your top WR is a rookie wideout featuring the Jaguars 3rd string WR as your no.2. Your TEs would do a bit in this game but I don't see them being a major factor when you're going so run heavy. You have 2 RBs active, one who is a pure 3rd down back and Jackson an NFL rookie making his first NFL start and looking somewhat competent according to the box score and footage I watched. (Yes I watched highlights of him, just not that video) It just all added up to an offense that will score like 14 points at best against one of the better defenses in BDL.

I found the highlights as mentioned.

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Don't worry, Dingos' comments on my games throughout the year read like a cross between voltaire and shakespeare.

It only gets worse the more hungover I am.

I don't want to be overly critical of Pheltz because there was nothing wrong in assuming Alex Smith was coming out, but with a gameplan so heavily premised on forcing him into specific situations, it's difficult to imagine they'd be prepared for Lamar. 

I don't think Jackson will have success long-term as a QB, but this week showed that there is definite potential in utilising him in the running game and I think with the big bodies Camden has outside, they can probably win enough 50/50 tosses that the passing game is viable as well. 

Camden in an upset. 

woof, neither of these teams are gonna score much

yes gotham planned on smith, but also keyed in on the run anyhow with press coverage outside.  Watching the game, i still don't think Jackson has any sort of accuracy down the field so despite Engram potentially having a mismatch, I can't trust Jackson to hit him at this point yet.  This isn't the Bengals LB core so I think while there might be some success early, it's not gonna go all game

on the other side, JLASH is starting a corner who hasn't played in two months (yes i know you said other corners, but when you have to use the phrase" whoever our third corner is" it's not a good sign).   Luckily Thomas was missing in action this week so i don't know how much that hurts him and Wentz also laid an egg

I think the difference, is amazingly Duke Johnson out of the backfield as Gotham doesn't have much plan for that so thats probably the only score this game

Camden 13-9

Archived