BDL 2018 Week 11: Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 11

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

QB- Lamar Jackson
RB- Sony Michel
WR- Courtland Sutton
WR- Dede Westbrook
WR- Evan Engram
TE- David Njoku
LT- Cordy Glenn
LG- Larry Warford
C- Chase Roullier
RG- Trai Turner
RT- Orlando Brown Jr
WR- Trey Quinn
OL- Hal Vaitai
OL- Ryan Groy
OL- Trey Hopkins
QB- Alex Smith

DE- Chandler Jones
DT- Akiem Hicks
DT- Grady Jarrett
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
LB- Darius Leonard
LB- Josey Jewell
CB- Denzel Ward
CB- AJ Bouye
CB- Aaron Colvin
S- Kevin Byard
S- Jamal Adams
DT- Solomon Thomas
DT- Star Lotulelei
LB- Jamie Collins
CB- Chidobe Awuzie
CB- Daryl Worley

QB - Carson Wentz

RB - Kerryon Johnson

WR - Demaryius Thomas

WR- Emmanuel Sanders

WR - Jarvis Landry

TE - Geoff Swaim

LT - Jake Matthews

LG - Andrus Peat

C - Maurkice Pouncey

RG - AJ Cann

RT - Mitchell Schwartz

RB - Matt Breida

RB - Derrick Henry

WR - Jordan Matthews

WR - Chris Conley

TE - Hayden Hurst

C - Ryan Kalil

OL - Mike McGlinchey

QB -  Matthew Stafford

DE - JJ Watt

DT/NT - Austin Johnson

DE/DT - Chris Jones

EDGE - Robert Quinn

SLB - Leonard Floyd

MLB - Benardrick McKinney

WLB - Zach Cunningham

CB - Xavier Rhodes

CB - Xavien Howard

S - Damarious Randall

S - Minkah Fitzpatrick

EDGE - Kemoko Turay

INT - Vernon Butler

INT - Bennie Logan

LB - Antonio Morrison

CB - Josh Norman

S - Justin Simmons

CB - Jourdan Lewis

DB - Rasul Douglas

Offense (Shotgun heavy RPO base)
This week we take on Grandpa pheltz in what is a match up we'll surely be underestimated in. Gotham brings some solid pieces on defense, but we think we can bring just enough fire power and a wild card on offense to trick people to vote for us. Here are our keys:

Shotgun heavy RPO: We're gonna start Lamar Jackson again, so we're going to put him in positions where he's most comfortable. We're going to let him take snaps out of shotgun, read what the edge defenders are doing and decide to run or pass from there. This isn't sustainable all game long, but it's something we feel comfortable making a major staple this week. We expect a man heavy coverage scheme from Gotham, so Jackson should get a good survey without too much trickery this week.
Big sets: We've decided to use our uniquely skilled young players a little differently this week. We're going to line Evan Engram up as a WR this week. His best attributes are his unique athletic ability in the passing game, and we're going to use him out wide and in the slot today to let him do what he does best. He's bigger than every CB in the league and runs a 4.43, so he's going to be a handful when targeted. With Sutton providing big play ability and Westbrook's speed Jackson should have plenty of options in the passing game.
Safety blanket: With Jackson being a young QB, he'll need a safety valve or two. This is where Njoku and Duke Johnson come into play. Njoku will be more of a red zone threat, but he'll be inhabiting the middle part of the field after chipping Watt and Duke Johnson is showing once again why he's one of the best receiving backs in football. He'll be flexed out to the slot from time to time as well. 

Defense ( Cover 1 man base)
Gotham has a good QB with ok weapons, but they almost exclusively occupy the same part of the field and that plays beautifully into our favorite coverage shell. Here are some things we want to key on:

Cover 1 to contain the Gotham playmakers: With the cover 1 scheme, we can focus on clogging up the middle of the field with defenders and keep a guy over the top in case Sanders gets loose. No one else on this offense scares us with speed. Denzel Ward with match speed with Sanders on the outside, Bouye will lock down Landry in the slot and whoever our 3rd CB is (Colvin, Awuzie, Worley) will match up with the athletically diminished Thomas. Darius Leonard and the rest of the LB's will be covering TE's and RB's.
Robber role: The cover 1 allows us to utilize a robber in pass coverage.  With Wentz being as dynamic as he can be, you have to throw varying looks at him. Jamal Adams will be tasked with blitzing off the edge and dropping into coverage lanes as the lone zone defender to confuse Wentz. This also gives us an extra very reliable playmaker to keep closer to the LOS to help contain the Gotham RB tandem. 
Look for strips: This week, our pass rushers but mainly our edge defenders are going to be training hard at swatting the ball. Carson Wentz is on a historic pace for fumbling the football, and if you combine his propensity to hold onto the ball too long with my defensive lines ability to get after a QB we think we're going to cause a few turnovers today.

OFFENSE - 3WR/TE/RB - Single Back Set

We look for balance in our offensive game plan this week and will run about 60:40 pass:run this week.  Johnson and Brieda will play important roles in the short pass game as we think they can beat Camden’s LBs out of the backfield and break some bigger plays.

In the run game, we again present our 3 headed monster and will go 40:40:20 with Johnson, Breida and Henry.  We will attack the edges in the run game, looking to break into a weak second level and break off some bigger plays.  Camden’s strength is in the interior D Line and we will pound them with Henry from time to time to keep them honest, but see most of our run plays off tackle and wider.

In the pass game, we will have Wentz look for boundary shots to Sanders and Thomas in the intermediate range, target Landry on quick routes, and utilize our RBs in outlet routes.  Avoiding deep shots to the center of the field against Camden’s strong safety duo will be a general theme, but if we see Adams creeping into the box to add another run defender, we will have Wentz audible and take a shot deep.

DEFENSE - 34 Hybrid Cover 2

We are coming out in our 34 Hybrid to battle Alex Smith and friends, with a couple wrinkles to match up against the Rats personnel.

Our Hybrid will actually look a lot more like a 43 out of our shell, with 4 down lineman.  We think if we can force Camden into a one dimensional passing game that will be to our advantage, therefore preventing them from establishing the run game early will be our objective. We like our D Line matchups and think we can control the trenches in this one, especially Brown on Watt.  We will line Floyd up off Watt’s outside shoulder with read react duties over the TE in 2TE sets.

In coverage we will working man with physicality at the line, Rhodes on Sutton and Howard on Westbrook.  We look to disrupt timing as Smith isn’t exactly great at throwing the deep ball and we have safety help over the top, allowing our CBs to be aggressive and make plays on the ball.  Cunningham will have coverage duties on the TE opposite Floyd, while McKinney will have an intermediate zone in passing downs underneath our safeties to prevent slants and seams.

Rushing Smith will be mostly with 4, 5 if Floyd detects his TE staying in.  We think we can get pressure against Camden’s O Line and frustrate Smith into some ill advised throws.

40 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Horrible what happened to Alex Smith.  

Lamar Jackson simply hasn't shown enough to know what he would really do in the pros to lean Camden's way.

I mean..... He ran a shockingly similar gameplan this Sunday to what I planned so it's somewhat comparable.

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Did they bench Joe? Or is he hurt or something?

Joe has a "HIP" injury he was on crutches at some point, walked around during the game so who knows. 

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

I mean..... He ran a shockingly similar gameplan this Sunday to what I planned so it's somewhat comparable.

This, it's more or less exactly the same except the ravens went more run heavy.

As someone who actually watched Jackson play, I think this offense works well here. A turnover or two from Jackson keeps this closer, but Camden is still able to beat Gotham.

27 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Gotham, I haven't seen Jackson so I can't exactly say how this offense would function and i think Gotham's defense knows how to defend against a mobile QB. (video got copyrighted so ouch) 

"So let me vote on the game not knowing a single bit how the QB in question functions in the offense he put him in, against the defense who game planned for a totally different QB."

You guys are special. 

edit: You know you can just find the video yourself?

So far we have a guy who thought Alex Smith was still the QB and offered his condolences while giving me a loss, then a guy who admits to not having any idea how my QB fared this week and voted against a team that didn't game plan for me. Nice.

51 minutes ago, Jlash said:

"So let me vote on the game not knowing a single bit how the QB in question functions in the offense he put him in, against the defense who game planned for a totally different QB."

You guys are special. 

edit: You know you can just find the video yourself?

So far we have a guy who thought Alex Smith was still the QB and offered his condolences while giving me a loss, then a guy who admits to not having any idea how my QB fared this week and voted against a team that didn't game plan for me. Nice.

Don't worry, Dingos' comments on my games throughout the year read like a cross between voltaire and shakespeare.

Archived