POST - Turkey week - NFL notes / Dallas offensive output

WizardHawk

Spent a little bit more time digging into the Aaron Rodgers thing.

He has just 14 4th quarter comebacks, which ranks him 14th among active passers behind Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli, Matt Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Dalton, Flacco, Alex Smith, Russel Wilson, Derek Carr, and Andrew Luck. And Ryan Tannehill has 13.

Rodgers has 21 game winning drives in 160 games. Dak has 12 just 43.

I might think, well, the Packers have always been good, and he hasn't had as many opportunities. But guys on other perennially good teams, like Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger, dominate the top of these boards.

That's crazy. As a Cowboys fan, it feels especially crazy given that he has put together 3 game winning drives (including 2 in the playoffs) against us in the last 4+ seasons.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Spent a little bit more time digging into the Aaron Rodgers thing.

He has just 14 4th quarter comebacks, which ranks him 14th among active passers behind Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli, Matt Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Dalton, Flacco, Alex Smith, Russel Wilson, Derek Carr, and Andrew Luck. And Ryan Tannehill has 13.

Rodgers has 21 game winning drives in 160 games. Dak has 12 just 43.

I might think, well, the Packers have always been good, and he hasn't had as many opportunities. But guys on other perennially good teams, like Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger, dominate the top of these boards.

That's crazy. As a Cowboys fan, it feels especially crazy given that he has put together 3 game winning drives (including 2 in the playoffs) against us in the last 4+ seasons.

I really don't like talking about this. 

8 minutes ago, D82 said:

I like him. 

He's playing to the fans I think..., but he's whining about Hue going to Cincinnati when he's just a rookie, and at the time had never even played the Bengals. Then when Damien Woody called him out about transferring from Texas Tech to Oklahoma, Baker says it's not comparable because he wasn't going to get a scholarship at Tech. Bro, Hue was fired! That's worse than not getting a scholarship. He's mouthy. He's a hypocrite. He's a criminal. I want him to fail. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:
12 minutes ago, D82 said:

I like him. 

He's playing to the fans I think..., but he's whining about Hue going to Cincinnati when he's just a rookie, and at the time had never even played the Bengals. Then when Damien Woody called him out about transferring from Texas Tech to Oklahoma, Baker says it's not comparable because he wasn't going to get a scholarship at Tech. Bro, Hue was fired! That's worse than not getting a scholarship. He's mouthy. He's a hypocrite. He's a criminal. I want him to fail. 

Im going with Des. 

I think I just realized that you and I will never agree on QBs. You like Eli Manning and Fitzpatrick. I like Romo, Dak and Mayfield. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im going with Des. 

I think I just realized that you and I will never agree on QBs. You like Eli Manning and Fitzpatrick. I like Romo, Dak and Mayfield. 

What? No. Realizing Eli and Fitzpatrick are better than Dak is not the same as liking them. There are several QBs that are above the Dak line and below the good QB line. ;)

Also, haven't talked about Mayfield's play... just that I can't stand him. Doesn't help that I was going to Tech at the time. Most Tech fans don't like Baker and it's hilarious for him to take issue with Hue for going to Cinci when he went to OU

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What? No. Realizing Eli and Fitzpatrick are better than Dak is not the same as liking them. There are several QBs that are above the Dak line and below the good QB line. ;)

Also, haven't talked about Mayfield's play... just that I can't stand him. Doesn't help that I was going to Tech at the time. Most Tech fans don't like Baker and it's hilarious for him to take issue with Hue for going to Cinci when he went to OU

Hue had GTD money with offsets. Baker wasnt getting paid at all. 

Hue chose to work for free with a divisional opponent. Baker went to a team that wanted, and paid, for his services. They arent they same. 

My point still stands. You tend to love ishy QBs and hate all the good ones. 

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If we somehow acquired Baker it would be like it was when we got TO. I'd be a little sick for cheering him

Why though? 

Dude's cocky, but he's confident - and his play backs it up. I don't have a problem with that.

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

Why though? 

Dude's cocky, but he's confident - and his play backs it up. I don't have a problem with that.

He's to mouthy. I like the Russell Wilson approach to media. Boring as it is. Not this:

"Although I'm an athlete, I'm not a cookie-cutter quarterback. Never have been. Never will be. I speak my mind, that's how I am. So, I didn't like the move and people don't have to care. I'm not looking for anybody's approval. I don't regret any of it. It's about this team and what we have and we have to stick together and play together."

then getting into a social media war with NFLs First Take talking heads. Like c'mon. Leave that social media drama bs for the diva WRs. I don't want that in a QB.

Yeah, I am on Bakers side.

Yet get a shady Coach who would use the media to lie about his agenda, he gets bounced after failure and friction, go to the media and complain some more, and then join a rival mid-season for free to try to stick it to a team that gave you alllll the rope in the world.

Good for Baker. Hue can f off. 

57 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Yeah, I am on Bakers side.

Yet get a shady Coach who would use the media to lie about his agenda, he gets bounced after failure and friction, go to the media and complain some more, and then join a rival mid-season for free to try to stick it to a team that gave you alllll the rope in the world.

Good for Baker. Hue can f off. 

Agreed. Hue literally threw every one he could under the bus, took no blame for anything, and came off as a big f ahole on hardknocks. He literally told a fringe player that he "better get his prayers in" if he wants to make the team. Dude should be outta the league. 

Archived