What do you think of Kyle Shanahan so far?

patriotsheatyan

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

1. You're not using any part of performance unless it favors Shanahan. For example, as underwhelming as the Rams D has been, the Rams have still allowed less PPG. The Rams D was actually a good unit last year. The 49ers D was not. So any claim that Shanahan has shown "aptitude" for both sides of the ball while McVay hasn't seems quite strained.

My point wasn't about the 49ers being better than the Rams, it's about their defenses even being close in production is either a slight to McVay or a commendation for KS. The Rams are loaded on defense and still can't sniff the top 10 (currently #20 in yards and points). Shanny's defense is producing similar numbers but with less talent on both defense and offense.

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

3. Shanahan and Jimmy are 6-2. McVay and Goff are 21-5. McVay and Goff come out on top.

We're back to just wins and losses? No consideration to the talent being fielded by each team? Just to put it into perspective KS's win rate with Jimmy is 5.7% worse than McVay with Goff. That's best compared to having 1 less win each season (in actuality it's less than that). And yet that's enough for you to totally dismiss KS being better than McVay.

You keep wanting to blame KS for his roster - and truthfully if it's the case where he willingly passed up all these great players available to him, than he's a terrible at evaluating talent - but as I see it head coaches should be judged on how well they play the roster they have. IMO KS has played his hand better than most coaches in the league could.

28 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We're back to just wins and losses? No consideration to the talent being fielded by each team? Just to put it into perspective KS's win rate with Jimmy is 5.7% worse than McVay with Goff. That's best compared to having 1 less win each season (in actuality it's less than that). And yet that's enough for you to totally dismiss KS being better than McVay.

You keep wanting to blame KS for his roster - and truthfully if it's the case where he willingly passed up all these great players available to him, than he's a terrible at evaluating talent - but as I see it head coaches should be judged on how well they play the roster they have. IMO KS has played his hand better than most coaches in the league could.

Coaches are judged on wins and losses. I've already explained in detail why Shanahan doesn't graded on a curve due to talent. Even in the best scenario (ignoring everything but Garoppolo's starts), KS comes up short.

My point wasn't about the 49ers being better than the Rams, it's about their defenses even being close in production is either a slight to McVay or a commendation for KS. The Rams are loaded on defense and still can't sniff the top 10 (currently #20 in yards and points). Shanny's defense is producing similar numbers but with less talent on both defense and offense.

It's neither. McVay's (well, Wade's) defenses have outperformed Shanahan's (well, Saleh's). That's not surprising considering the difference in talent. Neither guy gets a gold star there.

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

Nice me too.  Some team should hire me

You didn’t get the joke did you lol

he created like a 32pg power point on why the Browns should release him from his contract so he could go become Atlanta’s OC. 

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

he created like a 32pg power point on why the Browns should release him from his contract so he could go become Atlanta’s OC. 

Poor arse leader and quit on his guys lol.

Yet, hes better. Come on mang. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Lol honestly didn’t know that.  Well he must have made some really good slide transitions and animations because it worked wonders for his career 

Very good garbage time coach. Niners may give the Chargers a run for their money on best garbage time team. They'll be that team that finishes strong and every talking head says " you don't want to see these guys in the playoffs.  Other teams better hope they don't make it." Just like they have with the chargers for years. Start off so bad that they never really have a shot at the playoffs when they go on their garbage time winning streak.  Jenny G did it to finish last year. I expect them to do it again next year with him healthy 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Coaches are judged on wins and losses. I've already explained in detail why Shanahan doesn't graded on a curve due to talent. Even in the best scenario (ignoring everything but Garoppolo's starts), KS comes up short.

It's neither. McVay's (well, Wade's) defenses have outperformed Shanahan's (well, Saleh's). That's not surprising considering the difference in talent. Neither guy gets a gold star there.

Because you're presuming that both McVay and KS get to command their GMs? I already said that I can't refute it, but it's not like you've proved it. It's not even all that great of an argument either because right now the story reads like KS would be right on the heels of McVay if not for JimmyG getting injured.

Think about it. You give KS JimmyG and he's producing wins at a rate similar to McVay and Goff. You don't find that at all impressive? Does JimmyG suddenly make the 49ers roster as good as the Rams roster? I don't think so. What KS does with less is what impresses me more than McVay winning games with elite players on both sides of the ball. 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Poor arse leader and quit on his guys lol.

Yet, hes better. Come on mang. 

quit on his guys? I dont blame him. I wouldnt want to be a part of the Shtt show that team was going to be and be forced into starting Manziel next year when Shanny knew how garbage his work ethic was his rookie year. 

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Think about it. You give KS JimmyG and he's producing wins at a rate similar to McVay and Goff. You don't find that at all impressive? Does JimmyG suddenly make the 49ers roster as good as the Rams roster? I don't think so. What KS does with less is what impresses me more than McVay winning games with elite players on both sides of the ball. 

That's only if his wins extrapolate to where Goff and McVay's are. Which I think was the point of him bringing up the records. Even if you extrapolate the garbage time winning streak of KS and Garpopollo it's still not as good as Goff and McVay.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

quit on his guys? I dont blame him. I wouldnt want to be a part of the Shtt show that team was going to be and be forced into starting Manziel next year when Shanny knew how garbage his work ethic was his rookie year. 

A man with integrity does not quit when the tough gets going. You’re one of those folks who loves Baker trash Hue huh? When in reality it’s the same. 

Just now, El ramster said:

A man with integrity does not quit when the tough gets going. You’re one of those folks who loves Baker trash Hue huh? When in reality it’s the same. 

You have an owner who texts and what seems like forces the use of Manziel. You have an incompetent GM and a HC who isnt going anywhere. You have to take care of yourself.

Baker had every right to trash that phoney of a coach. Just like Shanny had every right to try and get away from the Browns. Just like Hue had the right to accept a coaching position but that job just made him look like a fraud. Also that wasnt just Baker trashing Hue, that was the entire team. Baker is just the voice. Just look at what Randall did, handing Hue the intercepted Pass and than signing the poster mocking Hue as Dwight. 

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You have an owner who texts and what seems like forces the use of Manziel. You have an incompetent GM and a HC who isnt going anywhere. You have to take care of yourself.

Baker had every right to trash that phoney of a coach. Just like Shanny had every right to try and get away from the Browns. Just like Hue had the right to accept a coaching position but that job just made him look like a fraud. Also that wasnt just Baker trashing Hue, that was the entire team. Baker is just the voice. Just look at what Randall did, handing Hue the intercepted Pass and than signing the poster mocking Hue as Dwight. 

Sounds fake as hell bro. Quitting is quitting end of story. A man with strong character does not quit, no excuses 

50 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Because you're presuming that both McVay and KS get to command their GMs? I already said that I can't refute it, but it's not like you've proved it. It's not even all that great of an argument either because right now the story reads like KS would be right on the heels of McVay if not for JimmyG getting injured.

LOL. Shanahan is 8-19. Even if we assume basically the best and believe that SF would be 7-4 right now with Jimmy, that would put Shanahan at 13-14 compared to McVay's 21-6.

Okay. Be impressed with the moral victories. I'll take the guy who wins games. You're also having to make some major assumptions with regard to Jimmy. He started the first three games this year, and it wasn't very pretty. The 49ers started 1-2. I'm not having to rely on conjecture. McVay and the Rams are 10-1 this year. They went 11-5 last year despite being a 4-12 team in 2016. McVay isn't racking up moral victories; he's racking up real victories.

Archived