FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

1 minute ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Only 5 reserve spots. Had to add 10 more to be able to get the 10 MILB rounds. 

Ok, I was thinking we were going to have deep benches anyways. 

Either way, there will be 400 players on rosters plus 160 minor league players.  The waiver pool was awful last year in the Elite league without minor league rosters with a few teams only having guys n the minors so I can only imagine what it will be now.  So I don't think it really matters what we do as it will be risky streaming the 120th best SP in the league anyways

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Ok, I was thinking we were going to have deep benches anyways. 

Either way, there will be 400 players on rosters plus 160 minor league players.  The waiver pool was awful last year in the Elite league without minor league rosters with a few teams only having guys n the minors so I can only imagine what it will be now.  So I don't think it really matters what we do as it will be risky streaming the 120th best SP in the league anyways

Yeah, streaming wasn't a factor. It was more to get breakout minor leaguers or call ups claims to be more than just first come first serve. With FAAB we add a bit of strategy. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Yeah, streaming wasn't a factor. It was more to get breakout minor leaguers or call ups claims to be more than just first come first serve. With FAAB we add a bit of strategy. 

I still think that is minimized by the MiLB rosters.  Again, the top prospects that are called up without being rostered will likely be 160+ ranked prospects.  Not to say good ones don't come from that range but this league seems to have knowledgeable owners, so anyone doing will be swooped up anyways.

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I still think that is minimized by the MiLB rosters.  Again, the top prospects that are called up without being rostered will likely be 160+ ranked prospects.  Not to say good ones don't come from that range but this league seems to have knowledgeable owners, so anyone doing will be swooped up anyways.

I agree. However, @crab1106 said in the 30 team league with deeper rosters spots than us, still had quite a bit of guys like that. So we'll see.

Just now, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I agree. However, @crab1106 said in the 30 team league with deeper rosters spots than us, still had quite a bit of guys like that. So we'll see.

There might be some guys that are solid fill ins, but I can't see a real difference maker come up from the minors that isn't rostered by the time they get there.

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

There might be some guys that are solid fill ins, but I can't see a real difference maker come up from the minors that isn't rostered by the time they get there.

Josh James,  Muncy, taylor ward, Seranthony Dominguez, Franmil Reyes were some of the names he said that weren't rostered and became important players.

1 hour ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Lamb is an injury plagued season removed from having  back to back 30-100-90 and a .340 obp seasons and is still only 28. 

Ill take it

Lamb was there for me, but had him behind Candelario since Lamb will be 1B now so will only hold 3B for this year.

Yeah, I'm not overly worried about the Minors draft. Even trading up using them, I'm still going to end up with 10 minor leaguers that I like (as we all will). They may not have the immediate shine as guys that I passed up on by trading those picks but I still think the 10 spots will serve their purpose. 

Edited by beekay414