Packers fire Head Coach Mike McCarthy; Joe Philbin named interim HC

IDOG_det

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, incognito_man said:

lol @ "few weeks"

JMD changed his mind within hours (same day) on the Indy gig after initially agreeing.

Such an overblown story :D

And I should know because when I first heard his name mentioned in GB I thought it was gross because all I knew about JMD was the headlines. So then I read the details and multiple sides of the Denver days and the Indy situation and did a complete 180 on him. The headlines don't reflect reality.

"I thought Josh McDaniels was a turd like the rest of you, but when it became clear that he might become my team's coach, I did a 180 on him." Yeah, color me not surprised. ;)

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nah, I read into before he became a front runner.

All I have to say is that where there's smoke, there tends to be fire. The book on McDaniels for a long time has been that he's a turd. That held constant through multiple stops. You might have read the "multiple sides," but it sounds like you're choosing to lend credence to one side. And I think that's colored by the fact that he might be GB's next HC. Personally, I hope for your sake that GB goes in another direction.

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

All I have to say is that where there's smoke, there tends to be fire. The book on McDaniels for a long time has been that he's a turd. That held constant through multiple stops. You might have read the "multiple sides," but it sounds like you're choosing to lend credence to one side. And I think that's colored by the fact that he might be GB's next HC. Personally, I hope for your sake that GB goes in another direction.

Nah, it's formed based on actually reading more than headlines and understanding that JMD of 2010 isn't the same JMD of 2019.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nah, it's formed based on actually reading more than headlines and understanding that JMD of 2010 isn't the same JMD of 2019.

He sure acted like the JMD of 2010 last year. And I received plenty of information on him when he was working for the Rams. It supported what people think of him.

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I trust that after interviewing every candidate under the sun, Murphy will make a good hire. If they think McDaniels can do it, I'll be with it until he proves them wrong. 

What would worry me about this process is its exactly what the Bears did, interviewing every single candidate. I assumed at the time they were being through, but the reality is they didn't know what they were doing and we ended up with Marc Trestman. I'm not saying this is the same situation, but it would make you think. Every one of these candidates can't be a fit for Green Bay, some people should NOT be interviewed.

Maybe I have a minority opinion here, but Green Bay is the best HC opening available right now. Most coaches fail in the NFL because the job is open because of poor QB play and overall lack of talent. How often does a HOF QB not have a coach? The last time has to be the Broncos with Elway. 

If they have a good draft with good coaching they can easily be in the playoff hunt. 

44 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He sure acted like the JMD of 2010 last year. And I received plenty of information on him when he was working for the Rams. It supported what people think of him.

What’s the info from his time with the Rams? And the sources of that info? Genuinely curious. 

6 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

What’s the info from his time with the Rams? And the sources of that info? Genuinely curious. 

Micromanager, not well-liked, overly inflated opinion of himself, stubborn with his system, doesn't connect well with his players, etc.

Source was a guy who had some ins with the Rams org when it was in STL.

Archived