Benching All Players In Redraft To Get An Easier Matchup In Playoffs

the lone star

POLL: IS THIS STRATEGY ETHICAL?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Bench All Your Players, If You Were Me?

• Yes, It's fair game and/or a legitimate tactic.
    • No, It's NOT fair game and/or it is NOT a legitimate tactic.

So in my redraft league I have clinched the #1 spot and playoffs start in week 15 (4 team playoffs). I play the #5 team this week and can let him into playoffs if he wins and the #4 team loses. So would it be wrong for me to bench all of my players to make sure the #5 team wins? If it helps, the league doesn't have any rules against such a tactic.

Please let me know what you think.

I had this come up this week, decided to just play it out. There are 3 potentially dominant teams in my league. One is me. One is the #1 seed. I had the number one seed for most of the season along with the most points scored, but he's caught up and passed me in the last 2 weeks. The third team is the #4 seed that struggled out of the gate (he went heavy on players who were suspended / hurt), but his team is really good (much better than the record indicates).

As it happens, I was very fortunate with regards to the way it played out. The #1 & #4 seed played each other. Thankfully, the #1 beat the #4 seed to keep him there, while the #3 seed won his game to stay there (Had both the 3 and 4 won or lost, the guy I didn't want to play would have been my opponent in the first round). So now the 1 and 4 will play again in a pretty brutal match up against each other, and I'll get the slightly easier matchup (A guy that I've defeated pretty easily in two earlier matchups this year). His team isn't bad, but it's not great. He's got a lot of solid players, but the only true studs he has are Adams and Kelce. His other guys can go off on any given week (David Johnson, Matt Ryan, Dak, James White), but it's a lot more hit and miss than the guys I throw out there who have rather obscene floors for the most part (Barkley, Julio, Hopkins, Diggs, Kittle). So while it's possible he can beat me, without the really high floor studs on his team, I like my chances a bit more (for comparison sake, the #1 seed has CMC/ Kamara / Mahomes / JuJu / Mike Evans / Cooper, and the #4 seed has AB / Thielen / Keenan Allen / Mixon / Fournette) 

Archived