5up 5down vs chargers

3rivers

up

1. AB 

2. OL

3. D - pressure was consistent

4. Feiler once again looks like a legit OT

5. Hargrave - is disruptive as an attacking DL. He should be out there on every down , especially passing downs, he's a better pass rusher on the interior than Tuitt and possibly Heyward. 

HM: Maybe this game's missed calls  will make the nfl make changes 

down

1. refs

2. DC - coverage for Allen please? Figure something out or get off the team

3. Connor injury

4. OC play calling once we got ahead,  not running as much (for some reason)

5.ST - some plays were bad officiating, but we should punt the ball out of bounds IMO, I don't understand the idea of NOT kicking out of bounds

this game was a debacle by the refs, but we also played less inspiring and the play calling was bad. Just a total failure in many ways in the 2nd half.

UP

Brown

pass protection

1st half defense

this game not being a playoff game

evidence I'll have when future arguments about the steelers being favs by the refs come up

Down

refs

Ben(I'm getting tired of him throwing picks at the worse time..its been killing this team all yr ..we've lost so many potential points in close losses because of this)

3rd down defense in the 2nd half

Downs

Ben - how many red zone int's are you going to throw???? How many potenetial int's have been dropped this year? He should have around 19 picks

Worry about your own play because it has not been very good!

Defense - No forced turnovers again and teams starting to run through them like a warm knife through butter!

And our defensive back play....say no more...Is Sean Davis color blind, that was a great hit on Haden, he actually caused a turnover for the Chargers!

Tomlin -  when Chargers making the comeback his typical deer in the headlights look!

I dont know what all the fans think, maybe some people are happy with 10-6 seasons and first round elimination in the play-offs.

I think that is the best you are going to get in this Tomlin/Ben led team. 

27 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I usually cringe when officiating is in everyone’s down....but I’m here for it this week. It was atrocious. 

I had the impression Michaels was sick of it as well. Even the commentators have had enough of dealing with the bad calls , too many of them

25 minutes ago, Lambert44 said:

I think that is the best you are going to get in this Tomlin/Ben led team. 

when they drafted Rudolph I thought that they were thinking for near future, as in if Ben retired, make sure there are 2 QB's at least. Don't be the bills and be stuck with peterman for example.  This could be bens last go because he has everything his way and if we fail, they might consider  moving on. Unless they decide to have a scapegoat, and that could be Butler because we know Ben has his pick at OC and he stays as long as ben stays. 

This team could win against anyone , it's the play calling that costs them.  If the pass rush isn't there, then they are doomed, which is why I want to see how they do vs saints and pats. Those 2 games should prove what's needed going forward.

We have seen this team the last 4 or 5 years be very consistent in its losses.

Losing to teams you are handily favored over, losing at home multiple times a year,

minus in turnovers, one of the top teams in penalties against, and leaders in team drama.

Some of the above may knock you out of the play-offs early all the above will certainly do it.

If the Steelers goal is to win the Super Bowl it needs to be led by some new people.

1 hour ago, Lambert44 said:

We have seen this team the last 4 or 5 years be very consistent in its losses.

Losing to teams you are handily favored over, losing at home multiple times a year,

minus in turnovers, one of the top teams in penalties against, and leaders in team drama.

Some of the above may knock you out of the play-offs early all the above will certainly do it.

If the Steelers goal is to win the Super Bowl it needs to be led by some new people.

That or somehow the existing people play and call properly for 60 minutes. Maybe Bill has a few of those shirts left, because this team needs them.

The media was pointing out how we have never blown a lead like this at home or something like that. To annoyed to be into all this right now, but it was a fail at home

UP:

1. Brown

2. OL

3. LJ Fort

4. First half

5. Berry

DOWN:

1. Pathetic refs

2. Keith Butler is a freaking moron who should be fired today

3. Davis finally breaks up a pass - of course it was against his own teammate

4. Ben's pathetic throw for an interception

5. Did I mention the refs and Butler?

Bens always been good for 1 to 3 bonehead throws per game.... especially in the red zone. I've always thought he was an average at best Red Zone quarterback. He's never been great at reading defenses, and in the red zone there is less space for his wide receivers to get open.

Another DOWN to the Steelers front office

I have been a Steelers fan for 45 plus years now and I know free agency/trades is not their way and they

sign their own etc......I am not saying I disagree with it but once in awhile its nice  to go outside the box.

I cant help but think what if we made the Cardinals a great offer for Peterson before the deadline, how much would he have improved this defense

and made some of the other players better because of his abilities???? I am not saying it would have been a slam dunk but the window is closing

fast on this team making any super bowl runs in the near future.....

He should retire. If he returns and never reinjures I would be able to handle that. If he reinjures, I won't be able to watch this team.  Everyone is hoping the best recovery, it makes me cringe when I think of that play he got hurt. 

Archived