Bergstrom Out

MKnight82

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why didn’t the trading staff hold his leg on the field so he didn’t get a high ankle sprain? They should’ve prevented this! lol 😂 

Improper training leads to more muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.

High Ankle Sprain is a ligament injury right above the ankle.

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Improper training leads to more muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.

High Ankle Sprain is a ligament injury right above the ankle.

So, the guys ankle bent the wrong way and he sprained it and that’s bc he did too many hip thrusts and squats in the offseason? Sure Thai...

I could do no training and go out and play ball with my friends and sprain a knee, ankle or dislocate my knee cap for the 4th time in my life and it wouldn’t be a trainers fault.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, the guys ankle bent the wrong way and he sprained it and that’s bc he did too many hip thrusts and squats in the offseason? Sure Thai...

I could do no training and go out and play ball with my friends and sprain a knee, ankle or dislocate my knee cap for the 4th time in my life and it wouldn’t be a trainers fault.

You literally have no clue what you're talking about Turtle. You keep erecting straw men without understanding anatomy and physiology. Which is fine. 

I'll try to educate you one more time. Hopefully this sticks. If you keep erecting straw men as a result, I'll simply ignore your posts from now on.

Let's go through it.

A ligament holds bones together. Tightly wrapped. Its different from a tendon, which attaches a muscle to a bone and is used for movement. A ligament is used to stabilize. If you doubt me. Go online and find a site which allows you to strip away the different oarts of the body until you're down to just the skeleton and the ligaments.

Now...a ligament is kinda like taffy in a certain way. And do not misunderstand, I'm not saying its as soft as taffy. But I was just in OC and got some saltwater taffy. It was in a solid shape. But I then applied force to it in a manner which was inconsistent with it maintaining its shape (I pulled it and stretched it out). 

Now, you're from MD. I bet you've had taffy before.

What happens to taffy once its pulled out? Does it snap back like a rubber band would (a tendon is more like a rubber band in this comparison)??

No it does not. 

And once stretched out that area that it is meant to stabilize will be weaker and more susceptible to injury (like with Robert).

Can you strengthen ligaments? Yes in a way. But not like you could with muscles. Tendons are somewhere in between muscles and ligaments in terms of how much they can be strengthened and how quickly.

Exercise that exerts force on the ligaments but does not result in minor tears (just microscopic ones), can strengthen the ligament over time. But those are the key words... over time.

Worst exercises for ligaments? 'Free Weights

Best exercises for ligaments? Plyometrics and any sort of balancing that uses one's own bodyweight but are varying intensity but short duration.

Here's the key though:

RECOVERY!!! Ligaments have notoriously poor blood flow. And therapy that increases blood flow will help. Oh, and they recover the slowest amongst the three. So you need TIME!!

What does it all mean?

It means that a guy like Bergstrom who has an ankle ligament that is more susceptible to injury (as a result of poor training), is more likely to get that ankle injured in the play than a player whose ligament has been trained correctly.

Again...it starts and stops with poor training. And when the team is constantly in the bottom of the teams who are injured a lot, its an indictment on the training staff.

This is not just bad luck.

You're welcome for yet another lesson.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:57 PM, e16bball said:

Never thought such words would be uttered, but I’ll say it — somehow, some way, we actually missed Tony Bergstrom. 

It was entirely because of Austin Howard’s play, but all the same — we missed Tony Bergstrom out there. 

business-commerce-faint_praise-praises-d

Archived