Rams @ Bears IGT Dec 9th on the Lake Front

WindyCity

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No, the stats prove it.

Howard was averaging 5 ypc at halftime.

... the stats say we averaged 3.7 YPC against them.

Do you think before you default to snark/arguing? Honest question xD

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

... the stats say we averaged 3.7 YPC against them.

Do you think before you default to snark/arguing? Honest question xD

Nagy gave up on the run before the 3rd quarter. In the 2nd half, Howard ran the ball 3 times and lowered his ypc, and Cohen naturally runs sideways on runs.

It has nothing to do with "snark" or "arguing." You're making it sound like the Bears won't be able to run the ball against the Rams because of Suh and Donald. The Seahawks may have the worst OL in football and they averaged 5.9 ypc against the Rams in their first meeting this year and 8.0 against the Rams in their second meeting...fact.  Suh and Donald haven't been good this year against the run...fact. The Bears were doing well on the ground last week until it was abandoned...fact.

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Nagy gave up on the run before the 3rd quarter. In the 2nd half, Howard ran the ball 3 times and lowered his ypc, and Cohen naturally runs sideways on runs.

It has nothing to do with "snark" or "arguing." You're making it sound like the Bears won't be able to run the ball against the Rams because of Suh and Donald. The Seahawks may have the worst OL in football and they averaged 5.9 ypc against the Rams in their first meeting this year and 8.0 against the Rams in their second meeting...fact.  Suh and Donald haven't been good this year against the run...fact. The Bears were doing well on the ground last week until it was abandoned...fact.

Our team ran the ball 32 times for 118 yards, which was 3.7 YPC. That has nothing to do with abandoning the run or Howard running the ball 3 times in the second half.

We are not a good run team.

Suh and Donald concern me greatly because our RG is absolute dog ****. Maybe Nagy/Hiestand have a plan to counter that, but I'm not holding my breath. This run game, thus far, is broken. If it's blocked well the runner hits the wrong hole, if the runner has proper vision and hits the hole, it closes quickly. Other times you've got dudes in the backfield and at Howard's legs not even a half second after he secured the handoff.

My saving grace is that we get one or two good runs, keep them honest, and Mitch does a lot of damage on keepers. I'm not holding my breath, though. 

Trust me: nothing would make me happier than us establishing a ground game this week and moving forward. IMO it is the main thing holding us back from being a great offense. Problem is that we suck, Nagy knows it, and you get into a couple 2nd and 12s, 2nd and 14s and you can bet your bottom dollar Nagy will abandon the run.

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Seahawks may have the worst OL in football and they averaged 5.9 ypc against the Rams in their first meeting this year and 8.0 against the Rams in their second meeting...fact.  Suh and Donald haven't been good this year against the run...fact.

No, those aren't "facts." The Seahawks are #1 in the NFL in rushing yards and #8 in yards per carry. Their OL does not suck as a run blocking unit. And Donald has been quite good against the run this year. He leads the NFL in tackles for loss (and it's not particularly close). Our run defense sucks, but Donald ain't the problem.

40 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, those aren't "facts." The Seahawks are #1 in the NFL in rushing yards and #8 in yards per carry. Their OL does not suck as a run blocking unit. And Donald has been quite good against the run this year. He leads the NFL in tackles for loss (and it's not particularly close). Our run defense sucks, but Donald ain't the problem.

Oh Yeah? Donald sucks as a run blocker at least. 

Boom!

Oh damn, I want to see a toss to Gurley with Donald lead blocking, 290 and can MOVE. Then see Donald run a FB dive. 

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Witzmann and Daniel can keep Donald to 1 sack and limited pressures we should build a statue of them outside of Soldier Field.

I think he'll face more of Daniels than Witzmann. Donald does move around some, but he plays more on the offense's left side than the right side. Although, that might not help you because it leaves you with the decision of Suh vs. Witzmann and doubling Donald or doubling Suh and leaving Donald one on one with Daniels.

I like the direction the Bears are headed but the Rams have business to take care of on Sunday night. If they win they clinch a 1st round playoff bye. They are going to come out and play. Not to mention the offense didnt look so sharp against the Lions. I cant imagine the Rams offense looking bad back to back weeks. They are going to put up at least 30pts again but look better in doing so. People forget the Rams arent just good on offense and defense but they get it done on special teams too. Dont be surprise if Cooper run one back for a td. Dont be surprise if the Rams get a special teams block. The Jags defense was the best defense the Rams faced in the McVay era. It was in Jacksonville and the difference in that game was a kick return that went for a td by Cooper and a block punt that went for a td. So just keep your eyes out for something like that.

This game is going to be good but I agree with @WindyCity this season the Bears are learning how to win and fight through adversity. The Rams did the same thing and they lost games that they are winning this season. The Bears more than likely will make the playoffs but this season is a learning experience to give the team even more hope for next season that when yall play the Packers and have a big lead at the half yall dont blow it. That when yall play a team like the Giants, yall dont lose to a team that clearly yall should beat. Like those games yall are learning for this season to help next season. Again as for the Rams, we have bigger fish to fry and thats clinching a bye with a win on Sunday and trying to hold on to the 1 seed. We are going to be razor focused on the road in a big game. The Bears better bring their A game. The Rams will and if the Bears dont it could get ugly. I think they will though so thats whats going to make this game good. The Rams are just more experienced in these type of games and know how to win on the road no matter what the conditions are. So its going to be tough for the Bears. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I think he'll face more of Daniels than Witzmann. Donald does move around some, but he plays more on the offense's left side than the right side. Although, that might not help you because it leaves you with the decision of Suh vs. Witzmann and doubling Donald or doubling Suh and leaving Donald one on one with Daniels.

Thank God. Daniel should at least get in the way.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I actually think we will try and double both. Daniels and Whitehair on Donald and then Witzmann getting rotating help from the RB and the OT-Massie.

Which I understand would leave Fowler 1 on 1 with probably Shaheen in those instances. I am less concerned with Fowler than the inside guys.

To be honest Suh doesn’t concern me as much as he use to.

Leno absolutely needs to play Ekubam 1 on 1 and win.

Archived