Spiderman: Far from home

NcFinest9erFan

Don't have the kids tonight, so my wife and i are going to go see this.  Looking for to it based on reviews in this thread.  I really liked Homecoming (probably one of my more favorite non-teamup movies in the MCU).  This one seems more universally well received, so i'll probably love it.

Saw this last night.

Act 1 falls a little flat to me.  The dialogue is a little stilted, and every scene with Fury in it just feels off.  So initially i was a little disappointed.

But Act 2 and 3 really pick up, and are fantastic.

Some things didn't quite up though.  Maybe someone else can explain.

1) Why didn't Happy just bring the nano-tech suit?  Felt like an excuse to recreate a "Tony" moment where he builds his own suit.
2) At the end, Parker has no trouble controlling Edith even though he had transferred control previously.  So he was still an "owner" all along?  Then why did it attack him?

On 7/5/2019 at 7:46 AM, freak_of_nature said:

Hide contents

I think Fury and his people are powerful enough to quickly dispel Beck's out of context video and The Bugle's assertion that Spidey was the bad guy. Or at least they should have enough evidence to do that because of all the cohorts involved.

However, they probably won't be able to dissuade the notion of Parker being Spider Man. 

Except Fury isn't around.

I think they'll lean into the "Spiderman as a villain" arc a little more before it goes away.  Not necessarily in solo films, but perhaps as part of team ups.

32 minutes ago, theJ said:

Saw this last night.

Hide contents

Act 1 falls a little flat to me.  The dialogue is a little stilted, and every scene with Fury in it just feels off.  So initially i was a little disappointed.

1) Why didn't Happy just bring the nano-tech suit?  Felt like an excuse to recreate a "Tony" moment where he builds his own suit.
2) At the end, Parker has no trouble controlling Edith even though he had transferred control previously.  So he was still an "owner" all along?  Then why did it attack him?

why bring a specific suit when you can bring a machine that will make any suit with any properties?

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Hide contents

why bring a specific suit when you can bring a machine that will make any suit with any properties?

I guess my assumption was that the nano-tech suit could be adapted into any form quickly.  Just has to be re-programmed.

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean we've never seen it do that kind of thing outside of the spider arms

It's based on the same technology though, no?  It's why he can do the cool helmet-retract thing at the beginning of the movie.  One would think it could do the things Iron Man's suit could with some modifications.

It just feels like going backward to see him rip his mask off the whole movie lol.

spoiler tags just in case

36 minutes ago, theJ said:

Hide contents

It's based on the same technology though, no?  It's why he can do the cool helmet-retract thing at the beginning of the movie.  One would think it could do the things Iron Man's suit could with some modifications.

It just feels like going backward to see him rip his mask off the whole movie lol.

spoiler tags just in case

Yea I get what you are putting down. It might just be the tech isnt at the same level. It was made before Stark had his nano suit done. Unabashedly, I like the mask pull off lol

9 hours ago, theJ said:

Saw this last night.

Hide contents

In response to 2)

My friend said he assumed it was like Peter was the administrator and it was never transferred but more like allowing another user. The other theory is that's part of another illusion.

Edited by Bullet Club

13 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

In response to 2)

My friend said he assumed it was like Peter was the administrator and it was never transferred but more like allowing another user. The other theory is that's part of another illusion.

I buy the second part more (about it being part of the illusion).  If he was an admin still, it should not have been able to attack him (one would think).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

In response to 2)

FWIW i had proposed both scenarios to my wife as we left the theater.  I don't think she really cared lol.  Neither are particularly satisfying to me, but i can get over it.

Also

If it's part of the illusion, then one would think that Peter just has a knock off copy of Edith and Mysterio still has the OG version?

• Like 1