Spiderman: Far from home

NcFinest9erFan

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Homecoming felt like a Disney movie. Now it is actually a Disney movie. I will see it as I will never pass up Spiderman, but I feel like I'm really only going to do this to find out how much it would pale in comparison to Into The Spiderverse.

Spiderverse is probably the best SM movie IMO. It and SM2 are the standards to beat. All in all a nice MCU movie that is probably tier 2 quality. I did love how they address certain things from Endgame.

14 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Homecoming felt like a Disney movie. Now it is actually a Disney movie. I will see it as I will never pass up Spiderman, but I feel like I'm really only going to do this to find out how much it would pale in comparison to Into The Spiderverse.

This is just a recipe for unhappiness. They're two entirely different movies with two entirely different sets of obstacles.

I think Fury and his people are powerful enough to quickly dispel Beck's out of context video and The Bugle's assertion that Spidey was the bad guy. Or at least they should have enough evidence to do that because of all the cohorts involved.

However, they probably won't be able to dissuade the notion of Parker being Spider Man. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is just a recipe for unhappiness. They're two entirely different movies with two entirely different sets of obstacles.

While the story was very good in Spiderverse, I think the impressive animation style is what really hooked people. The sequel's animation won't catch anyone by surprise.  

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

While the story was very good in Spiderverse, I think the impressive animation style is what really hooked people. The sequel's animation won't catch anyone by surprise.  

idk Ive already re-watched it like 3 or 4 times and still love it

3 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

The fact that Spiderverse was animated isn't the icebreaker for me. Some people might actually say that's a disadvantage with today's real life CGI. You could also make the argument the story, character development and even the score were the selling points of the movie. Because that's what got me of all things. What's stopping Far From Home from being just as good in those aspects? They are going to be compared whether it's fair or not because of their release dates. This is a comic flick about one of the most popular fictional characters ever created. People want the best version possible. I'm not a movie geek, but I'm sure Far From Home has the advantage from every production angle (budget, sponsor, resources etc..), and the possibility that it won't compare to an independent, standalone cartoon version would be disappointing. I'm a huge fan of Tom Holland as Spiderman BTW...

Edited by Nex_Gen

19 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

and the possibility that it won't compare to an independent, standalone cartoon version would be disappointing.

not sure why... because of these perceived advantages you think FFH has? Doesnt seem like a reason for a great movie to be a disappointment. Thats like being disappointed you won gold in the olympics because you didnt set the world record. 

37 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

not sure why... because of these perceived advantages you think FFH has? Doesnt seem like a reason for a great movie to be a disappointment. Thats like being disappointed you won gold in the olympics because you didnt set the world record. 

Or it could be the 2007 Patriots vs the 2008 Patriots, with the latter coming out on top. I was just extremely disappointed in the first movie, and there's been nothing about this one leading up to this point, to suggest they've fixed it. Tom Holland's Spiderman deserves a lot more substance. 

50 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Or it could be the 2007 Patriots vs the 2008 Patriots, with the latter coming out on top.

huh?

51 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I was just extremely disappointed in the first movie, and there's been nothing about this one leading up to this point, to suggest they've fixed it. Tom Holland's Spiderman deserves a lot more substance. 

wait, have you even seen this flick yet?

What substance really can a high school kid with superhero abilities have?  These aren't arthouse movies or even movies propped up to be on the artistic level of such movies like Nolan's trilogy was.  These are summer blockbuster movies based on comic books for mass appeal to kids and adults, men and women and everybody.  What real depth can you give him other than high school level stuff while juggling extreme superhero responsibilities while maintaining a mass appeal? 

That's like going into a Lars Von Trier movie and complaining it's not funny enough or hopeful enough or that you couldn't take kids to see it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What substance really can a high school kid with superhero abilities have?  These aren't arthouse movies or even movies propped up to be on the artistic level of such movies like Nolan's trilogy was.  These are summer blockbuster movies based on comic books for mass appeal to kids and adults, men and women and everybody.  What real depth can you give him other than high school level stuff while juggling extreme superhero responsibilities while maintaining a mass appeal? 

That's like going into a Lars Von Trier movie and complaining it's not funny enough or hopeful enough or that you couldn't take kids to see it. 

Have you seen Into The Spiderverse?

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

Have you seen Into The Spiderverse?

I'm not having this argument.  Into the Spiderverse is a cartoon.  Far From Home is a 160 million dollar budget live action movie in a series of 20 movies going for 10 years.  If you think there isn't a difference you can argue with yourself all day and my response will be, every time, get over it it's a blockbuster movie about a teenager with superhuman ability in a 20 film, 10 year series with such substance as Thor getting fat, Doctor Strange not being a pompous butthead, Iron Man not being a rich and pompous genius butthead, Thor not being a war hawk butthead and Captain America not turning into a bully. 

Over 10 years, what growth or substance has Steve Rogers or Iron Man or Thor or Doctor Strange really had? 

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Over 10 years, what growth or substance has Steve Rogers or Iron Man or Thor or Doctor Strange really had? 

Everyone has had growth, but some more than others. With certain characters, there isn't a whole lot of places to go outside of the origin stories.

Steve; Not a whole lot

Tony: From IM1 to EG, he went from self-absorbed playboy who didn't really care about anyone/anything else to sacrificing himself to save everyone. As Steve said, "... the only thing you fight for is yourself. You are not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you"

Thor: He grew as a person and became less of a war-mongering dolt and learned what it takes to lead/rule. He lost his entire family, his people, his world, and his hammer, THEN was beat by Thanos to then see his brother and best friend die. Fat Thor may have been a bit comedic, but it was due to tragedy that he let himself go.

Dr Strange: Outside of his origin movie, not a whole lot.

On another note, I'm not getting into the Spiderverse discussion. I haven't seen it and likely never will.