Spiderman: Far from home

NcFinest9erFan

On 5/18/2019 at 6:32 AM, Outpost31 said:

Because ten years from now when Tom Holland is playing an experienced Spider-Man and he needs a serious threat, people don't want him fighting The Looter and Kangaroo. 

10 years from now he’s still going to look like a kid in junior high. 

I'm gonna tell on myself.  I saw Venom in the theater.  And I own it on Blue Ray.  I really enjoy watching it.

It's, uh, I really don't know how to describe it.  It's not good, like it's so bad that it is almost fantastic to watch.

I dig Tom Hardy and I really liked how he interacted with Venom.  The love story was poor.  The love interest becoming Venom and the kiss....worse.  Villans were terrible.  

But in the end, I found it terribly entertaining.  As in I can't wait to see Carnage.

And I hope they keep it out of Spider Man.  It's too different.  It isn't "right" for Spider Man just yet.  

As far as this version of the web slinger goes.....I'm pretty excited to see this movie.

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm gonna tell on myself.  I saw Venom in the theater.  And I own it on Blue Ray.  I really enjoy watching it.

It's, uh, I really don't know how to describe it.  It's not good, like it's so bad that it is almost fantastic to watch.

I dig Tom Hardy and I really liked how he interacted with Venom.  The love story was poor.  The love interest becoming Venom and the kiss....worse.  Villans were terrible.  

But in the end, I found it terribly entertaining.  As in I can't wait to see Carnage.

And I hope they keep it out of Spider Man.  It's too different.  It isn't "right" for Spider Man just yet.  

As far as this version of the web slinger goes.....I'm pretty excited to see this movie.

Yeah, that about sums up my thoughts on it. I don't know if I bought Hardy as Venom, but he did okay. 

I would love to see Marvel's take on him though.

I'll prolly wind up taking my kids to see this but I'm not the least bit amped to see it like I am with most MCU movies.  Each trailer or teaser makes me lose more interest (the "Peter Tingle" bit made me change the channel when the ad came on it was so corny).   Mysterio is sooooooo lame.  I'm pretty surprised that Jake Gyllenhall finally hops into the superhero movie pool and that's the character he picks?  LoL.  And tbh, my enthusiasm for Spider-Man interacting with Nick Fury dissipated after the travesty they made out of Fury in Captain Marvel.

I'm not sold on Watts yet to helm this franchise.  Homecoming seems to lose its luster with each subsequent viewing and Vulture is by far the best part.  They spent an entire act in D.C. and now the sequel is in London?  Give us a good NYC Spider-Man movie (which we didn't see enough of in Homecoming imo) instead of blatantly chasing the overseas dollars.  After the masterpiece that is Into the Spider-Verse, this feels like it's going to be a HUGE step down in quality.

Edited by thrILL!

On 6/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, D82 said:

Yeah, that about sums up my thoughts on it. I don't know if I bought Hardy as Venom, but he did okay. 

I would love to see Marvel's take on him though.

At first I didn't like Hardy at all.  He was too likable as Eddie Brock.  Venom too, became too likable.  They kind of melded over both of them being screw ups and rejects.

Which just didn't sit well with what I thought I knew about Venom.

So I just had to pretend I knew nothing about Venom or Eddie and watch the movie.  And it was entertaining.

I'm just unsure how that kind of anti-hero story works with Spider-Man.  I'd prefer Venom to be the Big Bad against Spider-Man at some time.  The one that won't just go away or be defeated.  A true villain.  And that is simply not what the movie Venom was about.

Hardy needs to get a lot darker as Eddie Brock and Venom needs to follow him.  I just don't want to see the Spider Man 3 plot revisited for this to happen.

• Like 1

SPOILERS::

I thought it was very good, not elite I didn’t like Mysterio as a villain...kinda lame. I jist never saw him as a serious threat, but maybe I’m just spoiled after Thanos. Mysterio reminded me of the bad guy from Tomorrow Never Dies. Elliot Carver I think? Just kind of meh. 

Still, it’s a great movie despite a relatively forgettable villain. I wish he was still alive (maybe he is?!?!) so that there could be a consequence for him outing Parker. 

• Like 1