Spiderman: Far from home

NcFinest9erFan

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Hasn't that always been the case in the comics though?

With Tony? I think? 

I'm just saying secret identities have never really been a thing in the MCU.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I mean Tony kinda did it from the start in the MCU

Tony was publicly Iron Man for years in the comics.  Peter outed himself as Spidey for a brief moment before Marvel stupidly retconned it.  There are few superheroes who have held as tight of a grip on their secret identity as Spider-Man has.  

25 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Tony was publicly Iron Man for years in the comics.  Peter outed himself as Spidey for a brief moment before Marvel stupidly retconned it.  There are few superheroes who have held as tight of a grip on their secret identity as Spider-Man has.  

Yeah, I know. But we're talking the films, not so much the comics. 

17 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yeah, I know. But we're talking the films, not so much the comics. 

True but that’s as essential to Peter as the great power/great responsibility. Oh wait they disregarded that. And his spider sense.  And his main cast.  Sigh.  At least we got Keaton as Vulture.  

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

True but that’s as essential to Peter as the great power/great responsibility. Oh wait they disregarded that. And his spider sense.  And his main cast.  Sigh.  At least we got Keaton as Vulture.  

It's weird that his spider sense showed up in IW but not in his own movie.

Yep, definitely NOT buying that Mysterio is from another dimension.  If they go that route, it just means that literally anybody that is dead could come back to life and would create poor writing.  All the dead characters could just be replaced by their parallel dimension counterparts. 

Mysterio lied about that, he's always been from our Earth, he's creating the threat to gain esteem and fame. 

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep, definitely NOT buying that Mysterio is from another dimension.  If they go that route, it just means that literally anybody that is dead could come back to life and would create poor writing.  All the dead characters could just be replaced by their parallel dimension counterparts. 

Mysterio lied about that, he's always been from our Earth, he's creating the threat to gain esteem and fame. 

Could definitely see that being part of the twist, because an actual multiverse (on top of split timelines) really could create a whole mess.

BUT, if that isnt true, then why does Nick Fury believe Beck? Because that also sets up some issues, unless they are planting the seeds of Fury losing a step, in order to be replaced soon? (or is the rumored Chameleon somehow involved?)

Regardless, I still think Mysterio is creating these Elementals. That is atleast part of the ruse, the question now is, how much more is real or just magic tricks?

32 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Could definitely see that being part of the twist, because an actual multiverse (on top of split timelines) really could create a whole mess.

BUT, if that isnt true, then why does Nick Fury believe Beck? Because that also sets up some issues, unless they are planting the seeds of Fury losing a step, in order to be replaced soon? (or is the rumored Chameleon somehow involved?)

Regardless, I still think Mysterio is creating these Elementals. That is atleast part of the ruse, the question now is, how much more is real or just magic tricks?

or Beck is lying but at the end we get a post credit scene that involves the multiverse...

• Like 1

One thing I’ve learned from the MCU - don’t trust the trailers to give all the key plot points away (cough DCEU cough).  I’m not counting anything in/out other than the fact Mysterio says he’s from another verse and Fury shows up.   The MCU writers have earned enough trust (or trailer mistrust lol) on that count.  

32 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

or Beck is lying but at the end we get a post credit scene that involves the multiverse...

This is what I think will happen. Beck is lying about him being from the Multiverse, but we then learn there actually is a multiverse. That would beautifully set up phase 4, as this is technically the last film in phase 3.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

This is what I think will happen. Beck is lying about him being from the Multiverse, but we then learn there actually is a multiverse. That would beautifully set up phase 4, as this is technically the last film in phase 3.

I don't think he's lying about that. I think he is lying about being a 'good guy'.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think both can and are true.  The snap did create a multiverse (though I feel like they may be lumping in the split timelines in there and "universe" may be referring to the Earth-616, -1610, -90214, etc. timelines, just using terminology that's a little bit easier for non-comic fans to digest). and that Beck is from the current timeline (616) and pulling a ruse of being from a different universe.  Beck's a liar (it was the first thing out of Kevin Smith's - who wrote Mysterio for a time - mouth when he heard that interaction in his trailer reaction).

I'd heard the same rumblings that Fury could be written out soon, not sure what to think of them yet.  It's also possible that Fury is a Skrull (and that this bit is an Easter egg planted early and not getting its reveal until well down the line), since the Russo's had said if they were to direct another large-scale arc like the Infinity Saga it would almost certainly draw heavy influence from Secret Wars.

• Like 1