Spiderman: Far from home

NcFinest9erFan

Last comment.  I'll put it in spoiler tags.

I think it's interesting they talk about him being the next Iron Man.  Everyone has assumed that would be Black Panther's role going forward, given his resources.  But maybe Tony left behind part of his empire to Pete and that'll be his role going forward?

• Like 2

Just now, theJ said:

Last comment.  I'll put it in spoiler tags.

Hide contents

I think it's interesting they talk about him being the next Iron Man.  Everyone has assumed that would be Black Panther's role going forward, given his resources.  But maybe Tony left behind part of his empire to Pete and that'll be his role going forward?

I’m not sure how I feel about that...at least not yet. 

Maybe Mysterio isn't really from a fractured universe and he's lying.  Don't really love the idea of multiple universes.  I feel like the MCU is big enough with their cosmic and Earth realms that they don't know a multiverse angle. 

Also, I want mutant teases. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Maybe Mysterio isn't really from a fractured universe and he's lying.  Don't really love the idea of multiple universes.  I feel like the MCU is big enough with their cosmic and Earth realms that they don't know a multiverse angle. 

Also, I want mutant teases. 

Well my assumption is that they could just say the X men are from a different earth/universe and maybe that speeds up the process of us seeing them on the big screen.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Interesting that Mysterio is presented as an ally/goodguy in the trailer.  Will be interesting to see if the twist is that he's really the villain?  Or maybe they turn him into a Loki type character, flipping sides when it's convenient for him.

In the comics, he tries to make society think he is a good guy before his true colors are revealed.  I wouldn't be shocked of that was the case here.  

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Interesting that Mysterio is presented as an ally/goodguy in the trailer.  Will be interesting to see if the twist is that he's really the villain?  Or maybe they turn him into a Loki type character, flipping sides when it's convenient for him.

With Gyllenhaal being such a huge star, you have to think that there is a multiple movie plan with him.

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

With Gyllenhaal being such a huge star, you have to think that there is a multiple movie plan with him.

He's going to be the next Loki - the villain "tweener" that the audience hates, then grows fond of.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:
2 hours ago, theJ said:

In the comics, he tries to make society think he is a good guy before his true colors are revealed.  I wouldn't be shocked of that was the case here.  

Bingo!

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:
5 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

He's going to be the next Loki - the villain "tweener" that the audience hates, then grows fond of.

I could definitely see it.