2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

15 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We’re really interested in Rhule per graziano. 

Good.

8 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

We're interviewing Richard on Sunday in Texas. 

Richard will be interviewed with two teams on Sunday. Dunno who is first one.

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Richard is a dark horse for sure. Cincy is likely going to higher Hue. So we could possibly be able to bring in Monken as OC since he is only generating interest from the Jets and Cincy. Same with Kingsbury. Rosen doesn’t come off a the type of QB he would want. So we can likely get him as a OC as well. If we were to hire Richard, it would be interesting to know who he would want as OC. I’m thinking the Jets FO will try and influence that decision.

cincy, I think they will go outside of the box. Hue looks pretty bad now that the Browns look great without him. With all these options, I don't think Hue would be the right guy for HC. Solid OC option though. 

If all I care about is offensive minds, Monken is the #1 guy after last season. His offensive numbers are amazing. #1 in the league in passing yards per game with Wintson and Fitz? Outside of Mike Evans, no one else is proven besides Jax and he was hurt and unhappy. I would be excited about the offense, just have questions about his defense. 

As I do more research, Rhule is growing on me because of his success with turning around college programs and his experience in the NFL. 

McCarthy does feel like the safe bet, but I'm glad we're looking at all options first. He did have a really good team when he won the SB. I need to look at his scheme. 

The great news is that we're going to come away with one of the top coaches. Throw that on top of the new look we're getting, cap space, top draft pick, and Darnold, it's pretty exciting. 

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yep, Rhule should be our #1 option

Charlie Weis wants to coach again.   Could he be Rhule's OC?   I know his offense is somewhat outdated but I hope he adds some air raid elements to his offense.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yep, Rhule should be our #1 option

Really need a good OC then.  Guy sounds like a good coach but he sounds like his game plans are outdated as more a run first play defense type guy.  Not that it can't work as a system but I really want a guy that can develop Sam and I don't get that feeling from Rhule.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Really need a good OC then.  Guy sounds like a good coach but he sounds like his game plans are outdated as more a run first play defense type guy.  Not that it can't work as a system but I really want a guy that can develop Sam and I don't get that feeling from Rhule.

Generally yes.  However, as far as passing offense goes Rhule should let it fly.  Remember Darnold is prone to int so run game is necessary.  The more Jets moving chains the more opportunity for Darnold to pull right rabbit out of hat.

26 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Pair him with Monken or Kliff

Hiring Monken or Kingsbury as OC would be bad idea.   If you want either's offense then you should hire one of them as HC.

If everything went well, it would be guaranteed to possess the same offense and primary coach for 3 or 4 or more from one as HC.  As from OC, not much.  Monken and Kingsbury are already invited for HC interviews this off season so it could mean they will become stronger targets for HC in either NFL or NCAA next off season if they don't get HC gig in 2019.

8 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Hiring Monken or Kingsbury as OC would be bad idea.   If you want either's offense then you should hire one of them as HC.

If everything went well, it would be guaranteed to possess the same offense and primary coach for 3 or 4 or more from one as HC.  As from OC, not much.  Monken and Kingsbury are already invited for HC interviews this off season so it could mean they will become stronger targets for HC in either NFL or NCAA next off season if they don't get HC gig in 2019.

I agree 100%. What we don’t want to do is to put Sam in a new offense again...see him perform well and then have our OC snatched away. 

We need to hire a coach who will implement his system for Sam to develop in for min 3-5 years. That’s why McCarthy/KK/Monken are my three targets for HC. 

Archived