2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Rhule is only a good option is we are grabbing Monken as OC IMO (or another really talented OC).

To touch on that McCarthy hasn’t adapted offensively... this is just a guess... but that could be bc of Rodgers. Him audibling out of plays, McCarthy knowing Rodgers will call him out in media for playcalling if it’s against ARs plan, etc. Like I said this is just a guess. But having a clean slate and a WB willing to learn my show more

Also, his offense is tailored to Rodgers. Rodgers loves attacking one on ones, getting creative with his throws/ball placement, and prefers sideline throws (doesn’t use the middle of the field as much as he could). 

Hence, the Packers offense: lots of reliance on their receivers to win their one-on-ones, double moves, etc. What I don’t like about it? Lack of route combinations and over-reliance on Rodgers playmaking/“orchestrated chaos”

I’m sure the scheme would change in some extent with Darnold at the helm, simply he can’t do everything that Rodgers is capable of doing.

Depending on who he brings in as OC and DC, I’m going to be very happy with Rhule. 

He’s likely not Macc’s and CJ’s ideal candidate, but he probably checked off the most boxes. 

He has two offensive coaches that hope he brings with him in some capacity. 

21 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Rhule and McCarthy have the same agent? That’s interesting 

Hmm. Could be why McCarthy put out that statement. He probably knows the Jets are strongly considering Rhule and it’s a tough debate.

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Probably just covering his bases if he doesn’t land a HC gig

Monken's family is in Florida. Has a few kids in HS I believe. 

If he's not landing a HC gig, he may prefer to stay in Florida as an OC. 

Either way, I don't think a candidate will start interviewing for OC positions unless they already know they won't get the job. 

Archived