2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He came out of the gate saying he was only interested in the Jets and Browns pretty and told the Cardinals he had no interest.  

Browns never considered him. Jets are his only option and even after meeting with him and Johnson being enamored with him we don’t make an offer? Then this gets leaked....yeah I’m on the side of the conspiracy theory. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns never considered him. Jets are his only option and even after meeting with him and Johnson being enamored with him we don’t make an offer? Then this gets leaked....yeah I’m on the side of the conspiracy theory. 

The Browns were never interested? You know this how? A source? The fact of the matter is, he withdrew his name from nearly every job at the start of the process. 

this could of been leaked from either camp. It could be McCarthy posturing but it could also be the Jets trying to save a dollar 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Are you trying to win Super Bowls? It was a bit hyperbolic but the expectation when your QB is Aaron Rodgers is to compete for Super Bowls. He failed to do that. He lost multiple big games. Talk to Packers fans they’ll tell you. 

I simply assumed we wanted to compete for Super Bowls. My mistake. 

Absolutely we want to compete for SBs. But we cant go from one of the worst teams over the last decade to SB contenders in 1 offseason. So what's the short term? Making Darnold a franchise QB... and McCarthy had a big hand in making Rodgers what he is today. That cant get pushed to the side. That's huge on the Jets list. Apparently that's a clear thing they needed a good answer from in interviews is what's their plan with Darnold. And McCarthy has the best resume to answer that for the reasons you mentioned, he has made Rodgers Rodgers (bc lets not forget Rodgers wasn't exactly Andrew Luck coming out of college). Also not winning several SBs shouldn't be used against him. Dungy had Manning and won 1, Payton has Brees and he's won 1. Does this make them bad coaches? Come on man. Fact is he's the best option for us. I hope the only thing holding it up is coordinators.

9 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The Browns were never interested? You know this how? A source? The fact of the matter is, he withdrew his name from nearly every job at the start of the process. 

this could of been leaked from either camp. It could be McCarthy posturing but it could also be the Jets trying to save a dollar 

He said he was interested in the Browns job and an interview never happened and that’s with a man in charge who knows him well. 

McCarthy likely didn’t have much interest around the league if we’re being honest. I don’t think many teams were knocking on his door after how things ended in GB. 

Jets said they were going big game hunting and you assume it could be them trying to save a dollar? Come on man you of all people are smarter than that. 

I’m with Brian Bassett on this. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely we want to compete for SBs. But we cant go from one of the worst teams over the last decade to SB contenders in 1 offseason. So what's the short term? Making Darnold a franchise QB... and McCarthy had a big hand in making Rodgers what he is today. That cant get pushed to the side. That's huge on the Jets list. Apparently that's a clear thing they needed a good answer from in interviews is what's their plan with Darnold. And McCarthy has the best resume to answer that for the reasons you mentioned, he has made Rodgers Rodgers (bc lets not forget Rodgers wasn't exactly Andrew Luck coming out of college). Also not winning several SBs shouldn't be used against him. Dungy had Manning and won 1, Payton has Brees and he's won 1. Does this make them bad coaches? Come on man. Fact is he's the best option for us. I hope the only thing holding it up is coordinators.

There was a stretch where Payton and Brees were both considered gone from NO for a while. They’re only recently getting things back on track. 

Dungy beat Rex Grossman and lost to everyone else. 

I won’t say he didn’t make Rodgers a better player but I also think he held him back especially in the last few years . 

He’s just shown characteristics that scare me. Things we’ve all consistently complained about. 

What strikes me as a bit odd is, if McCarthy only wants the jets job, and the jets want him, what's holding it up? Do they like another candidate more and they are waiting for his answer? Or is it more along the lines of what's already been said, and coordinators are holding it up? 

I think they like someone better and are waiting on an answer. Coordinators shouldn't be a problem for McCarthy, the man has coached in the league for over 20 years. 

6 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

What strikes me as a bit odd is, if McCarthy only wants the jets job, and the jets want him, what's holding it up? Do they like another candidate more and they are waiting for his answer? Or is it more along the lines of what's already been said, and coordinators are holding it up? 

I think they like someone better and are waiting on an answer. Coordinators shouldn't be a problem for McCarthy, the man has coached in the league for over 20 years. 

I’m gonna assume that CJ wants McCarthy and Macc wants Rhule

27 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He said he was interested in the Browns job and an interview never happened and that’s with a man in charge who knows him well. 

McCarthy likely didn’t have much interest around the league if we’re being honest. I don’t think many teams were knocking on his door after how things ended in GB. 

Jets said they were going big game hunting and you assume it could be them trying to save a dollar? Come on man you of all people are smarter than that. 

I’m with Brian Bassett on this. 

I mean big game hunting doesn’t imply Rhule and a lot of other candidates... and I don’t put anything past the Johnsons lmao

another factor with the Dorsey thing is maybe he likes the fact he can circumvent the GM here.

i think we hear a decision today though 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I mean big game hunting doesn’t imply Rhule and a lot of other candidates... and I don’t put anything past the Johnsons lmao

another factor with the Dorsey thing is maybe he likes the fact he can circumvent the GM here.

i think we hear a decision today though 

Lol yeah when you put it like that it makes sense. 

I wonder if they want to do a 2nd round of interviews. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Are you trying to win Super Bowls? It was a bit hyperbolic but the expectation when your QB is Aaron Rodgers is to compete for Super Bowls. He failed to do that. He lost multiple big games. Talk to Packers fans they’ll tell you. 

I simply assumed we wanted to compete for Super Bowls. My mistake. 

To be fair you a pushing Gase who has had nothing but mediocre offenses as a OC and at best 8-8 records or worse as a HC.

I don't love McCarthy but he is light years better then Gase.  There really is nothing to even argue here.

McCarthy just seems stale to me very meh signing despite his resume.  At this point I'd be ok with McCarthy because my main goal in a HC is that they design the offense which he will do.  I prefer Monken though because of his aggressiveness and forward thinking compared to McCarthy and his more pedestrian approach.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

To be fair you a pushing Gase who has had nothing but mediocre offenses as a OC and at best 8-8 records or worse as a HC.

I don't love McCarthy but he is light years better then Gase.  There really is nothing to even argue here.

McCarthy just seems stale to me very meh signing despite his resume.  At this point I'd be ok with McCarthy because my main goal in a HC is that they design the offense which he will do.  I prefer Monken though because of his aggressiveness and forward thinking compared to McCarthy and his more pedestrian approach.

That’s because Gase hasn’t had a QB to work with since leaving Denver. But I’ve cooled on Gase over the last few days. 

Monken is my guy right now, Gase is two. 

The difference For me between Gase and McCarthy is I think Gase is more in tune with where the game currently is and is young enough to adapt. I don’t see light years when looking at their schemes. One had Rodgers the other had Tannehill and Osweiler.

49 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m gonna assume that CJ wants McCarthy and Macc wants Rhule

I think you're right as well.

Only thing I'm thinking slightly different is, CJ likes Rhule as well and he hasn't given them an answer yet. He's only just completed his 2nd year at Baylor and is most likely contemplating alot of things at the moment. 

Archived