2018- Ravens
43 sacks
3.7 YPC

By comparison Playoff Jets

32 sacks
3.8 YPC

40 sacks
3.6 YPC

This will lead to many 2nd and long and 3rd long situations and he's shown he can get guys home. I love that aggressive Ravens style defense for us.

Him plus my new #1 after doing some research while I'm at work is Todd Monken. Dude just gets it offensively.

Monken and Cullen would make me happy. Let's see what happens.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I really don’t want McCarthy. I mean I’ll support him but come on man he couldn’t win with Rodgers.

Really? Come on man? He has a ring that says otherwise. And look at his win percentage in GB. Not a smart comment.

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Idk man something just isn’t sitting right with McCarthy. 

Something doesn’t sit right with me too.

Maybe this is not the same thing that is bother you but what concerns me about McCarthy is that ARod complained about his offense. People have pointed out that his offense is too simple and relies too much on WRs making plays to get open. It’s kind of what we had in Bates who didn’t scheme anyone open but relied on them to get open. 

I’m cool with McCarthy as a HC but he needs to move his offense to the 21st century. I have no doubt he will help elevate Darnold’s fundementals though. If he can bring in a Monken type as OC, that would be ideal.

59 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Something doesn’t sit right with me too.

Maybe this is not the same thing that is bother you but what concerns me about McCarthy is that ARod complained about his offense. People have pointed out that his offense is too simple and relies too much on WRs making plays to get open. It’s kind of what we had in Bates who didn’t scheme anyone open but relied on them to get open. 

I’m cool with McCarthy as a HC but he needs to move his offense to the 21st century. I have no doubt he will help elevate Darnold’s fundementals though. If he can bring in a Monken type as OC, that would be ideal.

Yeah it’s that plus some other things. 

I’ve been watching a lot of whatnot GB does and most of the time Rodgers is having to do far too much to make something happen. McCarthy was also clueless on when to utilize the run. 

Talking to a lot of Packers fans they also had complaints of how many games he’s lost them. 

A lot of what we hated in recent years McCarthy has in him but he’s offensive minded and has a SB so guys want him and I get it from that perspective. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Really? Come on man? He has a ring that says otherwise. And look at his win percentage in GB. Not a smart comment.

I’m not about to go over this again. He won a SB almost 10 years ago. Never went back to the big game, couldn’t win when it mattered most along with blowing multiple games year in and year out. 

You must also want Jim Caldwell, he’s won two Super Bowls as an Offensive Coordinator and his winning percentage is good as well. 

Not a smart reply.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We’d be idiotic to not hire McCarthy. Hopefully the only thing holding it up... is who the OC and DC would be.

I agree with you, it seems the only job Mc Carthy, wants is the Jet job. Finally we have people that want to be part of the Jets, this could be the same thing for players in the FA market.

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I agree with you, it seems the only job Mc Carthy, wants is the Jet job. Finally we have people that want to be part of the Jets, this could be the same thing for players in the FA market.

There’s speculation that this is coming from his agent because his market is shallow as hell. He knows the Jets are desperate as well. 

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m not about to go over this again. He won a SB almost 10 years ago. Never went back to the big game, couldn’t win when it mattered most along with blowing multiple games year in and year out. 

You must also want Jim Caldwell, he’s won two Super Bowls as an Offensive Coordinator and his winning percentage is good as well. 

Not a smart reply.

No it is a smart reply and I’m not about to try and convince you that you need to be on board with hiring McCarthy bc you’re entitled to your opinion. But to say he doesn’t win is just flat out wrong and uneducated. And that’s a fact!!!

18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Exactly we miss out on established names in coaching and players bc the lack of talent on the roster and the franchises poor past. Now we have one of the best HCs available in a long time wanting to be our coach... we’d be idiotic to let it pass us for something else. Having a winning coach will also only help lure FAs.

29 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

There’s speculation that this is coming from his agent because his market is shallow as hell. He knows the Jets are desperate as well. 

He came out of the gate saying he was only interested in the Jets and Browns pretty and told the Cardinals he had no interest.  

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No it is a smart reply and I’m not about to try and convince you that you need to be on board with hiring McCarthy bc you’re entitled to your opinion. But to say he doesn’t win is just flat out wrong and uneducated. And that’s a fact!!!

Are you trying to win Super Bowls? It was a bit hyperbolic but the expectation when your QB is Aaron Rodgers is to compete for Super Bowls. He failed to do that. He lost multiple big games. Talk to Packers fans they’ll tell you. 

I simply assumed we wanted to compete for Super Bowls. My mistake. 

Archived