2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He wants control. And I doubt we want to give him that. If he won’t budge on letting everyone do their job... then we turn the page. I can’t see Macc giving him self control.

Also regrading your comments to @jetskid007He’s a very respected member on this forum so please watch the way you talk to him. He’s stating facts, when you’re stating opinions. It’s ok to voice your opinions but it’s also ok for others to point out facts. You can’t get all sensitive for facts being pointed out. 

Thanks but I honestly prefer to be treated like a nobody. I don’t care if someone’s been on here for 10 years or 10 days- don’t just read a rotoworld blurb or a manish tweet and come in here like you know what you’re talking about.

Furthermore, if you’re going to do that, quote it.

15 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

What makes me a little colder on Monken is that he seems like the Todd Bowles of offense. Players love him, an innovator on offense, had some head coaching experience, but how will he operate when asked to oversee a whole team?

Todd was pretty much a “DC with HC responsibilities” in year one, but as he traditioned to more of a CEO type his coaching faltered and the defense lost its spark. 

Monken to me is an older Kliff Kingsbury with less experience at the college level, which does frighten me a bit. 

If Monken can instill some discipline and keep Sam and the offense developing then I think we would be fine.  Even when we had defensive gurus we couldn't get it done or we had seasons where our defense sucked.  So I'd rather take a chance on someone who can build and offense, how much worse can the defense get?

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He wants control. And I doubt we want to give him that. If he won’t budge on letting everyone do their job... then we turn the page. I can’t see Macc giving him self control.

Also regrading your comments to @jetskid007He’s a very respected member on this forum so please watch the way you talk to him. He’s stating facts, when you’re stating opinions. It’s ok to voice your opinions but it’s also ok for others to point out facts. You can’t get all sensitive for facts being pointed out. 

Dude I don’t care who’s respected. If he’s going to talk to me how he wants I’m going to talk to him how I want.

No one is above anyone. 

How haven’t I stated any “facts” 

I’ve posted what’s been reported and given my opinions on it. 

Im voicing my opinions yet you’re finding issues with them. 

If it’s football related I don’t care but when he’s bringing up irrelevant stuff there’s an issue. 

Respect works both ways but you’re clearly showing favoritism for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Thanks but I honestly prefer to be treated like a nobody. I don’t care if someone’s been on here for 10 years or 10 days- don’t just read a rotoworld blurb or a manish tweet and come in here like you know what you’re talking about.

Furthermore, if you’re going to do that, quote it.

Never did neither of those things so again cut it out. Everything I’ve said has been either reported or has been an opinion of mine. 

Grow up man seriously. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

“But seriously”

Forgive me for maybe not understanding your method or communication, does your "but seriously" imply that your above comment was total sarcasm? I'm confused because you were saying the same thing a few posts ago but not in a sarcastic tone.

Sorry for any confusion, carry on. I do not know the hold up, but it does not seem as if we've yet decided he's "the guy" if we continues to take interviews afterwards.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dude I don’t care who’s respected. If he’s going to talk to me how he wants I’m going to talk to him how I want.

No one is above anyone. 

How haven’t I stated any “facts” 

I’ve posted what’s been reported and given my opinions on it. 

Im voicing my opinions yet you’re finding issues with them. 

If it’s football related I don’t care but when he’s bringing up irrelevant stuff there’s an issue. 

Respect works both ways but you’re clearly showing favoritism for some reason. 

I'm not at all showing favoritism. I'm just a moderator who see's what's going on. I see you saying opinions based on whatever reports you're reading. But the facts are not that. And when facts got pointed out. You acting out about them.

I'm all for opinions on here and everyone's entitled to them. But to get all upset and talk to people in a wrong way isn't acceptable. And that's what I saw, you talking out bc facts were pointed out different than your opinion.

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Forgive me for maybe not understanding your method or communication, does your "but seriously" imply that your above comment was total sarcasm? I'm confused because you were saying the same thing a few posts ago but not in a sarcastic tone.

Sorry for any confusion, carry on. I do not know the hold up, but it does not seem as if we've yet decided he's "the guy" if we continues to take interviews afterwards.

Yeah it was sarcasm about the Jets wanting the guy no one else does. It was from I think either Bills or Phins fan on Twitter. I didn’t want to post their profile on here. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm not at all showing favoritism. I'm just a moderator who see's what's going on. I see you saying opinions based on whatever reports you're reading. But the facts are not that. And when facts got pointed out. You acting out about them.

I'm all for opinions on here and everyone's entitled to them. But to get all upset and talk to people in a wrong way isn't acceptable. And that's what I saw, you talking out bc facts were pointed out different than your opinion.

Bro I ain’t act out about a fact. Why are you making things up? 

Just move on, you’re clearly making this into something bigger than it is. 

Brian Bassett made a point about McCarthy and I agreed. Here was the point.

CLE never engaged, nothing about the AZ job is really confirmed, no other openings reached out reportedly and he was fired from GB. All of a sudden he’s all in on the Jets job. He then speculated it was coming from his agent as we’re likely his only clear option and still decided to interview others after meeting with him early on. 

Again what is wrong with any of that being speculated, a lot of it makes sense.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Bro I ain’t act out about a fact. Why are you making things up? 

Just move on, you’re clearly making this into something bigger than it is. 

Brian Bassett made a point about McCarthy and I agreed. Here was the point.

CLE never engaged, nothing about the AZ job is really confirmed, no other openings reached out reportedly and he was fired from GB. All of a sudden he’s all in on the Jets job. He then speculated it was coming from his agent as we’re likely his only clear option and still decided to interview others after meeting with him early on. 

Again what is wrong with any of that being speculated, a lot of it makes sense.

The issue that started it was you saying McCarthy isn't a winning coach. Which is completely false. Then things escalated from there.

I'll move on and lets get back to subject.

2 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Monken interviewing for Jags OC today. Might not be a good sign . Night be nothing.

Maybe the Jets have told some candidates they are no longer being considered for the job or he's just accumulating options?

I don't know, just speculation. Everything is so tight lipped now with this franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Monken interviewing for Jags OC today. Might not be a good sign . Night be nothing.

Either he’s trying to keep his options open or he knows it’s down to McCarthy vs Rhule for us

Archived