2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

46 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Kliff wanted the Jets job. According to Rap, Jets were very impressed, but did not offer him a contract.

It's likely the Jets are deliberating who they intend to offer the job to as we speak. Personally, I think the Jets goal is to package their HC with Monken as OC. Jets have the most capital of all the teams searching for HCs, meaning they can theoretically make Monken one of the highest paid coordinators in the league. 

I don't believe McCarthy or Gase will be forced to work with a coordinator.

Rhule-Monken would be cool combo. 

Now we wait. 

It would be cool for what a few years when Monken would likely be a HC candidate if he does well.  What a horrible idea that is.  If they want Monken so bad to run the offense just give him the HC position.  I only have one request hire a modern offensive guy who can build an offense.  Right now the guys that fit that mold are Monken and Beineimy now that KK is gone.

I'm pulling for Monken at this point. 

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The suspense is killing me. 

Monken > Rhule > McCarthy.  Let’s get this done. I’d be excited about Rhule or McCarthy if they are paired with Monken or another innovative OC

Pretty much where I'm at.  Just offer it up to Monken so we can land a strong DC to pair with him.

One thing I just realized is that Baylor had a high powered passing attack before a Rhule got there. He changed it to more of a balanced hard nosed team. 

Something to consider for those that want Rhule plus Monken. He may not want Monken.

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

One thing I just realized is that Baylor had a high powered passing attack before a Rhule got there. He changed it to more of a balanced hard nosed team. 

Something to consider for those that want Rhule plus Monken. He may not want Monken.

He more so combined the 2 styles. He injected some some facets of a pro style offense into the spread, to accommodate the personnel he inherited. Theres a really good article explaining what he did.

Monken is actually pretty similar to his existing OC.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Listening to interviews with Rhule and reading about him, he's willing to do whatever scheme wins games. He cited the Patriots as an example of what he's talking about. He'll throw it 50 times if that's the right move for that game or run 50 times if it makes more sense. He said it also depends on what kind of players you have.

All of that sounds great , but of course whe knows if that's actually what his approach would be. Still, keeps you hopeful that he gets it and is willing to adapt.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

For me it’s Gase, Monken(the more I hear him talk the more I like him) and Richard(the potential 4-3 switch is intriguing) 

The more I look into Gase I just don't see it at all.  Dude was a mediocre OC and a mediocre HC.  What is the allure for him?  At least a guy like Kingsbury and Monken have flashed as bright offensive coaches.  Don't think Gase had one season in the top half of the league on offense (his specialty).  I didn't hate him at first but the more I look that guy is pretty bad at his job.  Hard pass.

Monken is the target for me now that KK is off the market. 

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

He more so combined the 2 styles. He injected some some facets of thr pro style offense into the spread, to accommodate the personnel he inherited. Theres a really good article explaining what he did.

Monken is actually pretty similar to his existing OC.

Before that at Temple he ran the ball like 60% of the time.  That scares me some that he prefers that approach.  Either way I hate the idea of having a hot name OC run the offense knowing he can leave at any time and Rhule isn't the architect.  That means the offense would likely change with a new OC.  

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The more I look into Gase I just don't see it at all.  Dude was a mediocre OC and a mediocre HC.  What is the allure for him?  At least a guy like Kingsbury and Monken have flashed as bright offensive coaches.  Don't think Gase had one season in the top half of the league on offense (his specialty).  I didn't hate him at first but the more I look that guy is pretty bad at his job.  Hard pass.

Monken is the target for me now that KK is off the market. 

I think Gase when working with a talented QB will be better at a HC. Sometimes as a coach you can ask players to do things they’re just incapable of. 

Rex was able to get Revis to play Elite man to Man defense with no help yet couldn’t get Kyle Wilson to turn his head. Why? The talent was there with one and not there with the other. 

Darnold is more talented than Tannehill and Cutler. More accurate, better ball placement, similar mobility but overall just better. Gase’s working knowledge with Manning was probably a detriment as he expected guys like Cutler and Tannehill to perform like Manning did in Denver with him. 

I think Darnold can reach that level with Gase. But that’s just me.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Why would he be a terrible HC in the NFL?

I just don't see him as a HC guy. I can't think of any HC that went from college to the NFL and did well. Nick Saban who was the best of all of them failed in Miami. I just don't like his O because he tends to be more run base. Baylor use to throw the ball all around the field and now it is balance and I want a guy that throws 6 or 7 out of 10 plays. This league is pass happy and we have a young QB that can whip the ball around. He is going against what the NFL wants with rules and high scoring. I would take KK over him because his O is better than Rhule. MM is my number one guy now and I really don't like anyone after that. This is why I don't like Rhule as HC. I would take Bienemy, or MM over him. 

Archived