2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

22 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Another theory of thought is the Jets are trying to help him back channel to see who would join his staff. 

Every candidate comes in with a shortlist, but its not asinine to think that the Jets could be seeing what kind of experience coaches would welcome the opportunity to work with Kliff. 

This very well could be true. If we want KK... then we'd have to assemble quite the defensive coaching unit to make everything click. I don't question KK controlling the offense 1 bit.

33 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I know she has to be devastated about Alabama. She was at the game... works in PR, has a lot of high profile clients and obviously works with a lot of agents. 

Anyway, her BF is a former player that both Maccagnan and Heimerdinger have ties to. For their privacy I won't say any names. Heimerdinger was part of the team that scouted/drafted him; Maccagnan scouted him and he had a stint in HOU. He now works at NFL Headquarters. He provided a tip on Kingsbury about 2 months ago. 

If Macc wants KK and you have current Jets players publicly endorsing him, it’s going to be hard for CJ not to hire KK. That’s a lot of support.

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Kitchens likely to be the next Browns HC per Mary Kabot, which means McCarthy to the Jets or he takes a year off.

With the GB, CLE and Tampa jobs going to candidates we did not have on our list, the Jets are likely going to get their number 1 guy.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Hmmmm

@PSchrags
FollowFollow @PSchrags
More

USC OC Kliff Kingsbury met with Jets ownership last evening. Flew to Arizona early this morning and is meeting with the Cardinals today. Both teams have already met with Adam Gase and other offensive minded coaches.

This makes sense. I cant see us keeping KK here today when Munken is schedule today.

Rapoport said the Cardinals are enamored with Kliff and are in discussions about a contract and coaching staff. If true the Jets may lose out on one of their guys. The good thing is LaFleur is keeping Pettine, and Arians is likely to have Bowles if he takes the Bucs job so who ever is the coach for jets they arent missing out on any DCs they would want.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He absolutely has a hand in what Rodgers has become. That cant get pushed to the side. Making Darnold a franchise QB is hands down the most important thing this franchise needs. And he did that with one of the most talented QBs of all time. Lets not forget that its not like Rodgers was this hands down franchise QB. It took work to get him to that and McCarthy deserves some credit for that. Where as guys like KK and Munken have a track record with QBs... its not proven at the NFL level, and that's the risk factor with both of them. They could be the next McVay, or could be the next Chip Kelly. Where with McCarthy the risk is minimal and he answers the developing Darnold question as well.

I agree, in fact Rodgers has not been the same QB since he has been with Danica Patrick, look at all the lousy fourth quarters her had this year.

Archived