2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

Jim Caldwell was also interviewed by the Jets today.   Jim Caldwell fits the bill as a former winning NFL Head coach.    I don't see the interest in Kliff Kingsbury.   I How can Kingsbury all of sudden be a winning Head coach in the NFL if he is not a winning head coach in college?  PASS!!  John Harbaugh is intriguing but I rather not give up draft assets to get Harbaugh.   Jim Harbaugh is not leaving Michigan until he gets at least 1 college championship.    The rest of the candidates I am EH about.  It is always a guessing game if a coordinator/coach can make the transition from to a winning Head coach.   Getting  the right defensive coordinator would be just as important as getting the Head coach.    I think the defense is better than what it has shown with the right coach in place.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Not a big Rhule fan, I get why some like him but I’d much rather McCarthy, Monken, or KK.

I personally believe the CEO coaches are the best, most sustainable HCs in the NFL. The scheme guys are too risky because schemes always come and go. Need someone who can see the big picture, manage the coaches, manage the roster, and have a good eye for what type of personnel you desire to build your identity. 

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Not hard to like, he's an offensive mastermind that basically created Pat Mahomes. The reason why TT couldn't win is because of defense only. No recruiting against the SEC here, it's the NFL where you have a draft and salary cap and he seems to be very well liked in NFL circles, him being our coach gives us 1) an air raid offense and 2) a FA destination players want to come to, both things we've been lacking for the majority of my time watching the Jets. I like him or Monken, McCarthy third.

They've had the same problem for the last 30 years. What makes the difference is that he brought in a better QB, but that's about it. I'm not saying he can't be a good HC, I just can't find the proof or a better example. I'll root for him. He is getting some attention, so I hope everyone is right. 

1 minute ago, famousj said:

Jim Caldwell was also interviewed by the Jets today.   Jim Caldwell fits the bill as a former winning NFL Head coach.    I don't see the interest in Kliff Kingsbury.   I How can Kingsbury all of sudden be a winning Head coach in the NFL if he is not a winning head coach in college?  PASS!!  John Harbaugh is intriguing but I rather not give up draft assets to get Harbaugh.   Jim Harbaugh is not leaving Michigan until he gets at least 1 college championship.    The rest of the candidates I am EH about.  It is always a guessing game if a coordinator/coach can make the transition from to a winning Head coach.   Getting  the right defensive coordinator would be just as important as getting the Head coach.    I think the defense is better than what it has shown with the right coach in place.

College is a lot about recruiting. He was at a mid tier Big 12 school. They were as good as they could be under him. 

Check his offense ranks nationally. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

They've had the same problem for the last 30 years. What makes the difference is that he brought in a better QB, but that's about it. I'm not saying he can't be a good HC, I just can't find the proof or a better example. I'll root for him. He is getting some attention, so I hope everyone is right. 

Yea because most top defensive recruits don't go to the Big 12

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

I personally believe the CEO coaches are the best, most sustainable HCs in the NFL. The scheme guys are too risky because schemes always come and go. Need someone who can see the big picture, manage the coaches, manage the roster, and have a good eye for what type of personnel you desire to build your identity. 

Agreed, I want a CEO guy who's still connected to the QB from a coaching standpoint. That's why I like Kingsbury because college coaches are more CEO than Coordinators and he has the experience of making all his QBs better. He also spent a year watching Belichick coach which I like.

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

While I agree with this definitely, I want a guy I know is going to be able to get the most out of Darnold or have the best chance of getting a guy on his staff that can.

I’m not sure what kind of OC/QB coach Rhule will yield, and apparently he loves to run the ball.

Still holding out hope we end up with McCarthy

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/243446868/matt-rhule-baylor-bears-changes-offense

Everyone on the fence with Rhule should check out this article. I thought he had a run heavy scheme based on Baylor’s stats, but based off the quotes in this article it seems like he is willing to cater to his personnel to be as successful as possible.

Packers interviewed 8 coaches from outside the Packers.  Mike LaFleur beat out Pete Carmichael, Josh McDaniels and Todd Monken?   Is LaFleur the weakest coach so that way Aaron Rodgers can run offense by himself? 

Anyway, Mike Pettine stays with Packers as DC as expected.

Jets may complete interviews with 6 coaches already.  2 left.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I asked what would make KK a good HC option and you mentioned Monken's resume. It confused me for a sec.

Oh, I was trying to figure what makes KK a good option to a lot of people. I thought you were asking about Monken. 

Archived