2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

40 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Why do you think that?

Sounds like CJ wants McCarthy. BUt what if he doesn’t want to coach here? Him not taking the job could also mean he wants the CLE job or just wants a year off.

That’s what I’ve heard through agents working in the industry. I know there’s a lot of respect for Kingsbury on Macc’s end. Rhule is more of a hunch- but I come back to the theory that he better relate with a former college coach (considering Macc’s deep roots in college scouting) than a seasoned vet who will require some level of power in the organization when it comes to personnel- official or not. 

4 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Jets completed an interview with Jim Caldwell.

The media truly is far behind on the search, the team is announcing things before the media. 

That’s how they want it. That’s why we shouldn’t trust what guys like JLC are reporting... they don’t know

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

That’s what I’ve heard through agents working in the industry. I know there’s a lot of respect for Kingsbury on Macc’s end. Rhule is more of a hunch- but I come back to the theory that he better relate with a former college coach (considering Macc’s deep roots in college scouting) than a seasoned vet who will require some level of power in the organization when it comes to personnel- official or not. 

If that's the case I agree with Macc then, hire a coach he feels more comfortable with instead of one that wants more power. Especially becuase the owner, GM, HC structure  remain the same. 

Also, I think your Rhule hunch is an educated hunch. Macc has alot of respect for Chris Ballard especially since Rex Hogan works for him now, and reports surfaced that Ballard really liked Rhule last year. I think once the interviews are complete, Macc favors Rhule the most.

8 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

That’s how they want it. That’s why we shouldn’t trust what guys like JLC are reporting... they don’t know

I agree, I never liked JLC anyway, I blocked him on Twitter long ago, once he started tweeting more about politics than he did sports. 

It’ll be interesting, I have a gut feeling internally it’s McCarthy vs KK. Honestly starting to get a vibe that they see the blueprint with the Rams and Bears and think KK might have a shot to duplicate the success they’ve had. Personally would rather McCarthy but depending on who he’d tab as his DC then I could be ok with it.

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Kingsbury is still employed by USC, but they have changed course by allowing him to interview. 

JLC saying we have already "discussed" our HC opening with Rhule. He is likely speculating; very uncredible. 

Edit... Never mind.

Archived