2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Life moves fast in the NFL. We get the first crack at him... 

Kingsbury both scares and excites me as a HC. I like that he has at least college HCing experience, but coaching teenagers and guys 22 and under is very different.  

Listening to McCarthy talk about how he had a target goal for amount of rush attempts in a half this year makes me scared it's gonna be the same old crap for the Jets if he's hired. I like him in terms of coaching up players, but I do not like him from an in game adjustment, game plan, and schematic standpoint. 

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

if Jets still liked MM after interview with KK done, would Jets cancel Rhule and Monken interviews and make the announcement of hiring MM tomorrow?

No. Jets have made it clear they will complete all interviews. Teams also have to be weary how things unfolded with McDaniels last year... until the contract is signed, nothing is agreed upon.

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

if Jets still liked MM after interview with KK done, would Jets cancel Rhule and Monken interviews and make the announcement of hiring MM tomorrow?

We are so close to the end of this process that it’s best to finish it the right way. Interview Monken and Rhule. If MM can’t wait a day, than that was not the right hire anyways.

The detail for the Rhule interview won’t ever come out unless he gets hired. So it’s reasonable to think we already interviewed him. Today was wide open until the KK interview. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

No. Jets have made it clear they will complete all interviews. Teams also have to be weary how things unfolded with McDaniels last year... until the contract is signed, nothing is agreed upon.

Agree. They have should see this thing out. Our job vacancy is attractive enough that a coach considered quitting just to interview for it. MM is only considering our job and the Browns job. My hunch is all these guys want to work with Darnold. The kid is not only talented but he comes off as very coachable.

Archived