2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

I really hope it is not Rhule. I just don;t see him as a HC guy. He is not even in my top 5. The best be is Mike M. He has a proven track record and would have won more games if was not for Rodgers putting his nose in everything. I'm all in for Mike and my backup plan would be KK. I want nothing to do with a DC guy. I want an OC guy. 

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I really hope it is not Rhule. I just don;t see him as a HC guy. He is not even in my top 5. The best be is Mike M. He has a proven track record and would have won more games if was not for Rodgers putting his nose in everything. I'm all in for Mike and my backup plan would be KK. I want nothing to do with a DC guy. I want an OC guy. 

Rhule is held in high regard becuase of his HC abilities. Hes widely known as a CEO type and its shown by his ability to completely turn around 2 programs in short periods of time. I think he would be a great hire. 

4 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Rhule is held in high regard becuase of his HC abilities. Hes widely known as a CEO type and its shown by his ability to completely turn around 2 programs in short periods of time. I think he would be a great hire. 

I just don't see him turning the jets around. I see him nothing more than average to bellow. The only reason I have KK as number two is that he is so smart with the O and the NFL has made the game more offensive minded. Rhule is nothing special on the O and I hate college coaches trying to be HC in the NFL. Even the best of them Nick Saban failed. I really can't think of a college HC that went straight to HC of an NFL team and did well. They all ended up in lower level coaching jobs or back in college. I see failure all over this. 

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't see him turning the jets around. I see him nothing more than average to bellow. The only reason I have KK as number two is that he is so smart with the O and the NFL has made the game more offensive minded. Rhule is nothing special on the O and I hate college coaches trying to be HC in the NFL. Even the best of them Nick Saban failed. I really can't think of a college HC that went straight to HC of an NFL team and did well. They all ended up in lower level coaching jobs or back in college. I see failure all over this. 

Quite the contradiction there

22 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

lol Saban took the Dolphins from 1-15 to 9-7 and got stuck with a team that had Dante Culpepper and Joey Harrington. Bill Bellichick isn’t winning with those weenies. So no Saban did not FAIL in the NFL. 

Rhule has built up two programs that were previously under water and has been on a super bowl staff in the NFL. He has also been a position coach on both sides of the ball and is someone that can oversee the entire team. Failure is hiring a hot coordinator w ZERO NFL experience or ZERO play calling or HC experience anywhere. Something we’ve done exclusively since 1996. 

The goal is the build the offensive game plan around Sam and bring out the best in him.  I don't really care that KK or Monken have limited knowledge of defenses.  You can find a smart defensive DC to run that side of the ball for you.  Both guys are on the frontlines in terms of pushing the limits of modern offenses.  Both have proven track records of having the some of the best offenses in college KK basically wherever he went and Monken in the NFL.  Either one would be a smart hire for what the main goal is and that is make Sam great.

I don't need a CEO type HC. We need a guy that can get the most out of Sam first and foremost.

You want to play it safe you go with McCarthy.

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The goal is the build the offensive game plan around Sam and bring out the best in him.  I don't really care that KK or Monken have limited knowledge of defenses.  You can find a smart defensive DC to run that side of the ball for you.  Both guys are on the frontlines in terms of pushing the limits of modern offenses.  Both have proven track records of having the some of the best offenses in college KK basically wherever he went and Monken in the NFL.  Either one would be a smart hire for what the main goal is and that is make Sam great.

I don't need a CEO type HC. We need a guy that can get the most out of Sam first and foremost.

You want to play it safe you go with McCarthy.

I have to disagree entirely. That is exactly what we were lacking with every coach we keep hiring. Developing Sam is a paramount concern but Sam isn’t going to win games by himself and if that’s all the focus is on, we will have a great QB and go 9-7 every season. It’s not the NY Darnolds. Maybe McCarthy is the guy for both, but we need a general here too. Just a offensive proficient guy will is just that, and leave the finer details of the game untouched and we will be only slightly better than we are now. 

I will say one thing, as a group of us on this board, and I respect everyone’s opinion, I have never seen us all this split up on the HC scenario. I think that’s a testament to how bad it’s gotten in Jets land. But hey new unis next year so there’s that, and Sam darnold is good. 

Without every meeting these guys and therefore working on limited information, Monken is the kind of coach I want. Guy was an aggressive play caller that played to his team's strengths and used his players correctly. He ran a very pass heavy attack to start the year with the Bucs, partly due to the fact that their run game had not yet figured itself out, but was able to call a more balanced attack towards the end of the season.

Interviews with him he's mentioned how valuable the big play is and how you have to keep defenses on their heels in the passing game. He has supported this use of analytics in his game plans while also having the background of some more old school approaches. He gets it. I don't know how he'll handle being a head coach per say, that's the job of the Jets to research and interview him about, but that's a hire that would get me excited about guys like Robbie Anderon and Sam Darnold and Chris Herndon. 

And he had some head coaching experience to pull from, even if it was in the college game.

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I have to disagree entirely. That is exactly what we were lacking with every coach we keep hiring. Developing Sam is a paramount concern but Sam isn’t going to win games by himself and if that’s all the focus is on, we will have a great QB and go 9-7 every season. It’s not the NY Darnolds. Maybe McCarthy is the guy for both, but we need a general here too. Just a offensive proficient guy will is just that, and leave the finer details of the game untouched and we will be only slightly better than we are now. 

I know it sounds weird to say we don't need a CEO type but we really don't.  We can't just bring in a CEO type HC who hires two smart coordinators which leads to success only to have the OC poached at the first chance.  The HC can be a CEO type but at the very least he has to be the offensive architect so if/when a guy like Andy Reid loses his OC's the offense doesn't change becuase we need to bring in a new OC.  Sam needs stability and you do that by bringing in a HC who will design the offense.  I prefer to have one that is bringing a modern offense like KK or Monken.  WE can find a guy to run the defense while each learns on the job to be that CEO type but the main focus for now is not a CEO but a guy to develop SAM.

As good a coach that Harbaugh is in BAL I don't think he is developing Sam without a really good OC and the second that OC does so he's the next hot name on the HC market.  Makes no sense to do that for long term success.

I'll say it now.  I'm not sure if Kingsbury has plans for leaving USC and taking NFL interviews or not but if we let NE get their hands on him as McDaniels replacement that will be a terrible thing for us.  If he is available he better be at the top of the list so ensure NE doesn't get their hands on him.

16 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Know this: if Rhule or Kingsbury were to be hired, that means Maccagnan had significantly more say in the decision then CJ led on. 

Why do you think that?

Sounds like CJ wants McCarthy. BUt what if he doesn’t want to coach here? Him not taking the job could also mean he wants the CLE job or just wants a year off.

Archived