Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Money aside, how good is Kwon? Any insight is appreciated

He's good around the LOS. He shoots gaps well and can make a lot of plays in the backfield. He moves through traffic pretty well too. And his speed is ridiculous for a LB.

He hasn't been the best in space. That's where all his missed tackles are. And he seems to be out of position in coverage quite a bit. But honestly that could've just been our ****ty scheme.

53 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Well the jets won't be taking Josh Allen

Not after signing Barr and Mosely

Looks likely that one of Allen or Q will be there at 5

If we pass on either one of them I'll be heartbroken...

I like Devin White, but he's not these two. It's a lot easier to find quality ILBs than game changing edge or interior rushers...

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's only being talked about because he was a first round pick. If he was taken in the fifth, nobody would care. He hasn't been good at all.

Yah, there is a reason he's being discussed as a release candidate. He's been a disappointment.

Frankly, I  think he'd have better impact in a 4-3 base...

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's only being talked about because he was a first round pick. If he was taken in the fifth, nobody would care. He hasn't been good at all.

No he s being talked about because his former HC is now the DC.  Plenty of times players move to teams when coaches move.  See Jacquizz Rodgers.  I m not advocating trading for Lee, but to just assume the Bucs wouldn t have interest in him because fans thinks he sucks, well I can t go there. 

If it’s between Quinnen and Josh Allen for a drop to 5 I think it’s Josh Allen. I’d like to grab a RG in the 2nd or maybe a DT but if Devin Bush is there or more likely slips some and we trade up to get him, pairing Allen and Bush would be great.

If we do take Allen, someone we should not pass on for White, what do our 4 starting LBs look like?

52 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

No he s being talked about because his former HC is now the DC.  Plenty of times players move to teams when coaches move.  See Jacquizz Rodgers.  I m not advocating trading for Lee, but to just assume the Bucs wouldn t have interest in him because fans thinks he sucks, well I can t go there. 

He's being talked about by more than just folks connected to the Bucs.

I get the connection to Bowles. And if he's cut I wouldn't be surprised if we poked around. But he's been nothing more than a disappointment so far. The injuries just make it worse.

14 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If it’s between Quinnen and Josh Allen for a drop to 5 I think it’s Josh Allen. I’d like to grab a RG in the 2nd or maybe a DT but if Devin Bush is there or more likely slips some and we trade up to get him, pairing Allen and Bush would be great.

If we do take Allen, someone we should not pass on for White, what do our 4 starting LBs look like?

Right now we're probably looking at something like:

Carl Nassib - Vita Vea - Gerald McCoy

Jason Pierre-Paul - Lavonte David - ??? - Noah Spence

Allen takes Spence's spot immediately.

We have like zero depth behind any of those guys. Cichy is a walking injury and Beck's career might be over. So we can take our pick of front seven guys in the first few rounds and find someone who starts immediately or at least is heavy in the rotation.

40 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Right now we're probably looking at something like:

Carl Nassib - Vita Vea - Gerald McCoy

Jason Pierre-Paul - Lavonte David - ??? - Noah Spence

Allen takes Spence's spot immediately.

We have like zero depth behind any of those guys. Cichy is a walking injury and Beck's career might be over. So we can take our pick of front seven guys in the first few rounds and find someone who starts immediately or at least is heavy in the rotation.

Yeah I agree with all this. Licht has some real love for Spence but he could be good in a 3-4. Call it a last chance. As a backup to a Allen I like it a lot more. I feel like we could get a good ILB to pair with David outside of the 1st. Allen’s RUSH position is more valuable than White’s ILB position I think.

Also, thoughts on JPP lineing up on the opposite side he’s played his whole career?

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah I agree with all this. Licht has some real love for Spence but he could be good in a 3-4. Call it a last chance. As a backup to a Allen I like it a lot more. I feel like we could get a good ILB to pair with David outside of the 1st. Allen’s RUSH position is more valuable than White’s ILB position I think.

Also, thoughts on JPP lineing up on the opposite side he’s played his whole career?

This season is Spence's last chance. And I'd rather he have his last chance as a possible rotation guy. I'd hate to rely on him as a starter. I can't imagine Bowles feels differently.

Right now it looks like White and Bush have a considerable gap over the next tier of LBs in the draft. I'm sure a few of the next tier will develop into long time starters/career backups. But we've got a big hole in the middle right now. 

I think JPP is gonna line up on the strong side. So I'd imagine he'll be flipping based on the offense.

58 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This season is Spence's last chance. And I'd rather he have his last chance as a possible rotation guy. I'd hate to rely on him as a starter. I can't imagine Bowles feels differently.

Right now it looks like White and Bush have a considerable gap over the next tier of LBs in the draft. I'm sure a few of the next tier will develop into long time starters/career backups. But we've got a big hole in the middle right now. 

I think JPP is gonna line up on the strong side. So I'd imagine he'll be flipping based on the offense.

dream draft

trade down

and get Jonah Williams AND Devin Bush

boom

Archived