Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

11 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

We have some young WR's that can benefit from Rodgers playing.  Rodgers missed EQ on a TD that should of been pretty easy.  He also missed MVS on a sure TD.  Why would anyone not want these guys working together the final 2 games?  All for a chance for a better pick?

Because we have a banged up QB and a banged up RB playing behind a banged up OL. Please explain to me how playing him under these circumstances is a good thing? I'm more concerned about our franchise QB not getting more hurt during these two meaningless games. 

We rested Rodgers last season after we got eliminated. He's clearly banged up and we've had 14 games of proof of how very average this team is with a banged up Rodgers. We don't need two extra games to remind us of how average we are when he's not healthy.

There's a huge difference between tanking and playing it safe with injured players. I would have no issues playing him if he was 100% healthy. He's not though so sit him.

MMQB regards AR:

"As that song from the 90s that was the theme song to that show from the 90s once said, it hasn’t been his day, his week, his month, or even his past three months. Rodgers was, to put it bluntly, bad in Chicago. His red-zone interception bounced off a receiver’s hands, but he missed a couple of wide-open throws downfield, and ultimately was out-dueled by Mitch Freaking Trubisky in ending the Packers’ slim playoff hopes"

Add on edit: As with all things AR and the GBPs this season, nothing is exactly what it appears. A later comment regards AR on MMQB:

"The Imminent Death of Aaron Rodgers I Keep Hearing About: Seems like a “not so fast” moment. Rodgers isn’t comfortable with his young receivers, and his knee might not be injured but it’s not 100% healthy. His arm talent hasn’t fallen off, and that’s what you look for when you’re talking about decline for a QB. An off season to work with this group and a new outlook on life should do wonders going into 2019"

From CheesheadTV:

Josh Jackson: Jackson made the feeblest of tackle attempts on Bears receiver Allen Robinson and, of course, Robinson rolled for a long catch/run and a first down.  Jackson has endured many growing pains this rookie season. Whether the Packers move Jackson to safety or keep him at cornerback, he has a long way to go to being a solid contributor on defense.

Josh Jones: Not a great day for Packers named Josh. Jones missed badly on a blitz that would have pinned the Bears deep and given the offense good field position.  The Bears converted on the play and while they still punted on that drive, the Packers started the ensuing drive on their own two yard line. Jones was also beaten badly on the Bears' fourth quarter touchdown, once again coming up short in pass coverage. Many have asked why Jones hasn't seen more time on defense over the likes of Kentrell Brice and Jermaine Whitehead.  This whiff may be a prime example.  You have to make the plays that are put in front of you.  Big miss by Jones. Jones added some head shaking optics early in the game, emphatically celebrating a big hit on Bears running back Jordan Howard after Howard had rumbled 15 yards for a first down run.  Cheers for getting fired up but use some of that fire to make a stop.  Or just make a tackle!

Now - thats just one writers opinion about a single game - but it follows a "general consensus" on these Round Two picks. Be it inexperience - being forced to play out of position - valuable considerations to be made - we need better support from our high draft picks. A draft & development team cant "miss" often w/o it showing up on the field with negative consequences. With the rate or injuries in the league - we cant hide these players during their "learning period" - they need to produce faster and better. Personally? I say we swap the two Josh's next year - with JJ moving down to the box (not CB).

And what would any critique of the Packers be w/o a less than conclusive take about AR. It's just been that kind of year.

Aaron Rodgers: Missed too many open receivers.  Rodgers made some equally nice throws in this game but he didn't give his guys nearly enough of a chance to put the team in position to win. Rodgers had time to throw, he just missed.  Another head-scratching day for 12.

5 hours ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Because we have a banged up QB and a banged up RB playing behind a banged up OL. Please explain to me how playing him under these circumstances is a good thing? I'm more concerned about our franchise QB not getting more hurt during these two meaningless games. 

We rested Rodgers last season after we got eliminated. He's clearly banged up and we've had 14 games of proof of how very average this team is with a banged up Rodgers. We don't need two extra games to remind us of how average we are when he's not healthy.

There's a huge difference between tanking and playing it safe with injured players. I would have no issues playing him if he was 100% healthy. He's not though so sit him.

I suppose AR played yesterday because mathematically we were still "in it".  I wouldn't be opposed to letting him sit now to get a head start on healing and give Kizer more live game reps.

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Tough loss for you guys, but I saw the same Rogers I have in the past. The numbers don’t show it but he def still has it.

i expect you guys to be back next year reloaded and fighting for the division.

Yes, I don't know why so many are saying Rodgers was crap this year.  His numbers were 'average' and not his usual stellar self but that is one hell of standard, isn't it?  

Just now, Pugger said:

Yes, I don't know why so many are saying Rodgers was crap this year.  His numbers were 'average' and not his usual stellar self but that is one hell of standard, isn't it?  

Are you actually watching the games?  Additional question: Are you actually watching other team's games?

If the answer is yes to both, I don't know how you can say Rodgers is playing any better than average at best. 

His lack of interceptions looks amazing, but did you know Rodgers is 28th in the NFL in completion percentage? 

He's 13th in TD passes.  Tied with Trubisky, who has missed games.  Two ahead of Wentz, who has missed games.  Two ahead of Andy Dalton, who has missed games.  Two ahead of Baker Mayfield, who was coached by Hue Jackson for 5 games. 

He is without a doubt having the very worst year of his starting career. 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Are you actually watching the games?  Additional question: Are you actually watching other team's games?

If the answer is yes to both, I don't know how you can say Rodgers is playing any better than average at best. 

His lack of interceptions looks amazing, but did you know Rodgers is 28th in the NFL in completion percentage? 

He's 13th in TD passes.  Tied with Trubisky, who has missed games.  Two ahead of Wentz, who has missed games.  Two ahead of Andy Dalton, who has missed games.  Two ahead of Baker Mayfield, who was coached by Hue Jackson for 5 games. 

He is without a doubt having the very worst year of his starting career. 

I did say he was average.   

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I did say he was average.   

25 TDs and 1 INT is not really "average." It's actually good, just not Rogers normal excellence. He had 2 chances to score a TD in the game yesterday and surprisingly did not connect. I'm assuming part of this is on a young WR core.  

Archived