Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

38 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Maybe.  But Gutekunst needs to fix the interior line issues and a new coach needs to bring in a new system that makes things easier on Rodgers.

If we make the right hire at HC, we can be right there again next season.

THIS!

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

As alexgreen pointed out - it would absolutely NOT benefit him health wise.

There is no proof of that.  What it might do is get the best five OL on the field.  Move Bulaga inside and his veteran savvy might help Spriggs at RT.  Worth a try for the rest of the season. I like a right side of BB-JS better than Bell-Bulaga. Even AG20 pointed out that BB will probably end up at guard anyway.  I think the time is now to try that with two games left.

DON'T TANK.  Losing is a habit.  We play to win.  IF we lose? Then the higher draft pick is the silver lining.  Now is when you learn about players intangibles.

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Aaron Rodgers hurt his knee in the first half of the first game. It was a more severe knee injury than any of us know. When injured you use other parts of the body to compensate, thus exposing them to undo strain and greater potential of injury. As a QB who depends so much on his legs for his accuracy, this is a big freaking deal.

Rodgers has had an off year. Hopefully, he gets healthy this off season and has good health next year. If he does, you can bet the league is going to pay the price. 

This in hindsight can become a good thing because the flaws in the coaching staff and talent on the field. Now, with a good GM and ample ammunition in the draft we can fix a lot of or all of those in the draft. If we hit on those, the league will be on notice the Pack is not only back, but might be the favorites come playoffs next year. 

Here’s the thing about this theory that I am having a difficult time with: a few years back when Rodgers hurt his calf going into the playoffs, he could barely run for two games and still played very well. Feels like a reach to me. If I had to guess it’s more related to not having multiple receivers that he trusted or that could hold him slightly accountable (Jordy). Between that and snapping the ball with 1 second left on the play clock for 90% of the season while McCarthy was still on board, Mr. Rodgers is having a silent confidence issue and is just plain off because of it.

As a Bears fan, my thoughts from reading some of your game thread and the game itself:

-Rodgers just seems off. He still is scary as **** as a Bears fan but some of those misses today, in particular the bomb to MVS, was strange.

-You guys are hard on Trubisky. He’s made a ton of strides this year. Remember, he had something like 300 collegiate snaps while Mahomes, Watson, etc had north of 1,200. This offense is arguably the NFL’s most complicated and he’s been slightly better than average this year through 12 games in it. He’ll be fine.

-Jaire Alexander is going to be a damn good player for a long time. Josh Jackson on the other hand seems to be destined for FS. I’m rather surprised Nagy didn’t take any deep shots to Gabriel when Jackson was on him. The speed differential there was startling.

-I really like Aaron Jones. It’s too bad he got hurt. I think he’s your RB of the future.

-Jimmy Graham is old and bad, and his taunting of the fans pregame was embarrassing. Stupid ***.

-For next year, I think the division comes down to the Bears or Packers. Detroit is irrelevant and Minnesota’s roster is about to be decimated thanks to that horrendous Cousins contract.

-Now go out and beat NYJ and DET to worsen your first first rounder because if you stay at 8 and get a Roquan type player I’m not going to be happy. xD

11 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Here’s the thing about this theory that I am having a difficult time with: a few years back when Rodgers hurt his calf going into the playoffs, he could barely run for two games and still played very well. Feels like a reach to me. If I had to guess it’s more related to not having multiple receivers that he trusted or that could hold him slightly accountable (Jordy). Between that and snapping the ball with 1 second left on the play clock for 90% of the season while McCarthy was still on board, Mr. Rodgers is having a silent confidence issue and is just plain off because of it.

Winner! It's all confidence, or rather lack of.  The injury kept him out of practice for almost half the season.  His body language wasn't showing up WRs- it was disgust with himself.  Aaron is a self driven egoist.  He doesn't show up other people- he is publicly flogging himself.  The only thing to get better is the off-season.  He isn't going to get his confidence back in two more weeks. He has re-entered the atmosphere after being out of this world good.  He has been incredibly average this season and that won't cut it going forward.  He'll play the next two games and hopefully start building with the young WRs and Graham.  It has all been lack of confidence and that's something he has not dealt with before.

10 hours ago, Slinky said:

Eh. We could do better. Rather have Tonyan in that role next season. 

Yeah I’d like to see more Tonyan as well. Grow him but no reason to get rid of handbricks he’s cheap and knows rhebtrem and my all accounts AR does throw to him for some small gains. In ok with him as a 2-3 TE. 

8 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Bothbis ouke tonsee kore Tongan as well. Grow him but no reason to get rid of handbricks he’s cheap and knows rhebtrem and my all accounts AR does throw to him for some small gains. In oknwith him as a 2-3 TE. 

I was thinking the same thing...

13 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Bothbis ouke tonsee kore Tongan as well. Grow him but no reason to get rid of handbricks he’s cheap and knows rhebtrem and my all accounts AR does throw to him for some small gains. In oknwith him as a 2-3 TE. 

The finest drunk posting in awhile. Kudos.

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Maybe, maybe not.  One huge difference however is how these players are being used in their offensive schemes.  Those other 2 groups you mentioned have a good scheme tailored to their personnel.  We don't ... that's the difference.  And you are correct, it is hard to evaluate the Packers scheme because they don't have one!  

I'll make you the same offer I made the last guy. Pick 5 numbers between 1 and 30 and a 6th number between 1 and 5. 

We'll check the plays and see if we can't pick out a rhyme or reason. 

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

All the up-votes to whomever can decipher this.

16 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

All the up-votes to whomever can decipher this.

Be nice this week to see more of Tonyan as well.  Grow him, but no reason to get rid of Kendricks.  He's cheap and knows the team, and by all accounts, AR does throw to him for some small gains.  I'm okay with him as a 2-3 TE.

Archived