Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Guy's, I am really depressed.  I watched an A's, Angels game last night on TV.  Cardboard in the stands.  No roar from the crowd.  It ain't the same.  Without fans the Raider games will be noticeably different.  It will take a rare player/team to keep their game at a high level in these conditions.

Watching the nba scrimmage games were also weird. It’s better than nothing but dam just really weird. I know some use the fans as fuel to drive them when they’re tired. Also home court advantage is dunzo 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watching the nba scrimmage games were also weird. It’s better than nothing but dam just really weird. I know some use the fans as fuel to drive them when they’re tired. Also home court advantage is dunzo 

I've been watching WWE and AEW wrestling to get prepared for this.  Honestly. . . It's not horrible. Just different at first.

6 minutes ago, Totty said:

I've been watching WWE and AEW wrestling to get prepared for this.  Honestly. . . It's not horrible. Just different at first.

Better than watching reruns of old games I guess...ima warriors fan so it’s just entertainment for me. I’ve been so entertainment deprived I actually watched a baseball game for the first time in about a decade.

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Better than watching reruns of old games I guess...ima warriors fan so it’s just entertainment for me. I’ve been so entertainment deprived I actually watched a baseball game for the first time in about a decade.

I'm glad you mentioned watching reruns of old games... NFLN never plays Raider games.  Ever. It's disappointing. 

6 hours ago, Turnobili said:

oh yeah, i mean its always techincally possible to make short term cap space, but i meant that there's no practical way to do it that doesnt screw us over next year or the year after

Yeah I’m with ya brother.... I just wanted to breakdown how “creating cap space” to sign Clowney would actually play out.

So often people say “the caps an imaginary number, we can make it work”.... but the reality is whenever you borrow from future years for today it has consequences.  It’s a “borrow from Peter to pay Paul” type of deal. 

We’re in a very good spot next year cap wise.  We structured deals like Trent Brown, Darren Waller, etc to have drops in their cap number in ‘21 so we can build a playoff caliber roster this year and then next offseason add the final pieces to make a deep playoff run.  The plan has been obvious and consistent since Mayock took over.  We simply cannot compromise from that plan to seek temporary, instant gratification, such as a deal with Clowney would bring.

id love to get Clowney, I said it before.  I think he’d be great playing end on 1st and 2nd down then rushing from DT on 3rd.  I even think he’s been miscast and should be rushing mainly from inside.  He lacks an outside rush and quite honestly has a very limited pass rush move repertoire.  Look at all his highlight plays: all run stuffs are off inside slants or backside pursuits and his sacks/hurries are never him bending the arm, it’s always an inside swim or rip move.  I think if we did sign him and he played DT as often as I want he can be a 10-12 sack player.  But we already signed Collins and Nassib.... even if we’d be better off with Clowney over them the reality is the money’s already need spent and we need to just accept that and be happy with what he have.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nfl.com had that free thing going 

NFL Game Pass.... it was free to sign up when Covid started.  They’ve got every game from 2011-2019.  My (free) GamePass is still working.  I killed it when Covid first struck.  I really like how they have: full game, condensed game, all-22 coaches film, and even home+away audiocasts.

It takes a lot of time to go back and kind of scout a particular player but i learned a lot about the players I was interested in re-watching.

i think it’s still free to sign up and highly recommend it if you have the interest and time to go back and watch the games or a particular player. 

18 hours ago, Totty said:

I'm glad you mentioned watching reruns of old games... NFLN never plays Raider games.  Ever. It's disappointing. 

You're right.  However, they did show one from 2017; Raiders at Chiefs.  Players and coaches that were easy to forget.  Two penalties by the Chiefs causing automatic 1st downs with 0.00 on the clock for a Raider victory.  I was so desperate I watched it twice.

5 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

No Raiders have opted out so far.  The Patriots have lost 6.  Couldn't happen to a better team.

there’s been a good amount of scrubs who are opting out.... which i feel is going to end their careers.  If you’d be lucky to even make the team and decide to not play your going to get replaced immediately and forgotten about.  It’s like UDFA’s who get cut at their first camp and never heard from again.... if they don’t latch onto another team fast they never get into camp the next year.... or younger players who get IR’d with injury settlement and never get another call.  I know there’s more than football to life but I have to question some of these decisions.  I doubt many pro athletes would die from a flu that has a .1% mortality rate.