[Hypothetical trade] I was kidding around but ...

Woz

[Hypothetical trade] I was kidding around but ...  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Hypothetical trade: would you send Kirk Cousins to the Bills for their 2018 & 2019 1sts?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd consider it, but the price isn't right.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think that'd be too much to give up for a guy that isn't signed beyond this year.  Maybe something like a conditional 2nd in 2018 and a conditional 4th in 2019?  The 2nd becomes a 1st if the Bills advance so far in the playoffs and/or he re-signs with Buffalo.

One year with Cousins is worth more than that IMO.  Plus we could still resign him next year.

On 8/22/2017 at 7:52 PM, MKnight82 said:

One year with Cousins is worth more than that IMO.  Plus we could still resign him next year.

IF he were locked up beyond this year, I'd agree.  But he's only locked up for this season, and franchise tagging him means you're using up almost a fifth of your cap space on one player.  That's not really a smart way to build a franchise.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

IF he were locked up beyond this year, I'd agree.  But he's only locked up for this season, and franchise tagging him means you're using up almost a fifth of your cap space on one player.  That's not really a smart way to build a franchise.

The hope is the team does well and then both sides come to their senses and get a LTD deal. Cousins wants to be here if things go well - or at least he's led everyone to believe that - and the skins want him here but are looking for some hometeam discount that passed them by 3 offseasons ago! 

Trading him means punting on this season and punting on the possibility that he stays long term and he and Gruden do something magical together within the next 5 years. It's a tough decision but I don't see us moving him. Kirk hasn't given the front office any indication that he definitely doesn't want to be here long term, it's not like he turned down an Andrew Luck type deal or something. 

Archived